Your last LOW-Quality bike accessory that did not perform up to snuff ?

Adam-from-SLO

Nov 30, 2003
Just checking to see what everyones LAST(most recent-that comes to mind) Bicycle accessory( you name it, FRAME, fork, pedals, tires, what-ever) that prematurely failed for you ?

I've been very lucky in the last few years....... , but back in 1999 or so.. I had a SDG Kevlar saddle .. I believe it was the SDG Comp Ti , and I was cranking up a hill , and w/ my hips rocking a bit.. one of the saddle rails(.. low quality titanium) SNAPPED !!!!!!!!!!!! I heard a snap sound, and I thought my seatpost clamp had poped, broke... ...... but in fact it was the saddle rail. Its not as good of Ti. as a Avocet 6/4 , or Selle Italia . Just glad I did not get hurt in the process :eek:

Those crazy USA saddle makers ..... :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

About 3 days ago I broke a Specialized Pave' seatpost. I was pedalling along one legged, watching my heart rate monitor and hit the tiniest pothole, heard the snap, and the tear swelled in my eye. I turned the bike around and rode home standing the whole way.....not that much fun...

mdplayer said:
About 3 days ago I broke a Specialized Pave' seatpost. I was pedalling along one legged, watching my heart rate monitor and hit the tiniest pothole, heard the snap, and the tear swelled in my eye. I turned the bike around and rode home standing the whole way.....not that much fun...

Thats sucks..... I feel for you man !

I've never believed in specialized products , however I've heard good things about there Armadillo Tires / in terms of durability.

Adam-from-SLO said:
I've never believed in specialized products , however I've heard good things about there Armadillo Tires / in terms of durability.
Actually those tires are very good....At my shop we put those tires on a lot of touring bikes. they have a layer of puncture protection in them.

My db500 heart rate monitor crapped out after 3 months. My Polar one is crapping now and I just got the darn thing. I am not training for the TdF and thus I don't need a HRM with anything more than what my hear rate is right now. Unfortunately, it seems the manufacturers erroneously assume people wanting minimal options also want minimal quality. :(