Your Office Window

FredC said:
On the value of property comparison we did previously you and Huskey certainly have the advantage to us in Surrey. Even Cliff Richards plot down the road looks like a dump on this basis. Mind you that Madonna bought a proper piece of real estate, poor girl, she struggles along somehow.

I have to say, I surprised at how reasonable Zappers house is.
What did he quote to us, $560,000 for 3,000 square ft ?
$186.00 per square foot.
That is very, very cheap.
It's a bloody bargain.

I'll give you a comparison $560,000 = €430,000.
That's €143.00 ($186.00) per square ft.
That's cheap, by Irish standards.

In Dublin, a semi detached house (standard size 1,300 sq ft) = €350,000 or
$455,000.
Or €269.00 ($350.00) per square foot.

If the total square footage of a house is bigger than the standard 1,300 sq ft,
you'd see the unit sq ft price increase.

Property prices here are reaching London levels, Fred.
I might buy property in Virginia, given it's so reasonable.

birdman23 said:
What kind of vermin do you guys have over there?
Apart from the usual domestic things, foxes, rabbits, hares(not on my list) grey squirrels, muntjacks(on my list, but not the governments) mink, stoats, and weasels. Also moles, but they are difficult to shoot. polecats.
All corvids( but I don't shoot jays), those ******* Canada geese(special license required but who cares) The same goes for inland cormorants. Wood pigeons.

FredC said:
Apart from the usual domestic things, foxes, rabbits, hares(not on my list) grey squirrels, muntjacks(on my list, but not the governments) mink, stoats, and weasels. Also moles, but they are difficult to shoot. polecats.
All corvids( but I don't shoot jays), those ******* Canada geese(special license required but who cares) The same goes for inland cormorants. Wood pigeons.
Cool. Sounds like you do a lot of shooting. What is a muntjack? I have never heard of that critter before.

FredC said:
#92. No, what is it?
It's called a "nutria" kind of like a little beaver like pest. I came face to face with one on my driveway and it ran back down the yard near the water and vanished...At first I thought it was a rat but the tail was like a beaver and the teeth were orange...Wish I could have been able to shoot it though...

zapper said:
It's called a "nutria" kind of like a little beaver like pest.
we have beavers over here but i wouldnt say that they were a pest. the opposite is true infact, we can get enough of them...

birdman23 said:
Cool. Sounds like you do a lot of shooting. What is a muntjack? I have never heard of that critter before.
I love shooting but I'm getting a bit creaky now. A muntjac is a small deerlike thing originally from Asia.

zapper said:
It's called a "nutria" kind of like a little beaver like pest. I came face to face with one on my driveway and it ran back down the yard near the water and vanished...At first I thought it was a rat but the tail was like a beaver and the teeth were orange...Wish I could have been able to shoot it though...
I've checked it out, and they seem to be a nuisance in your southern states.
We had them here once, they were brought in for breeding for pelts. Some escapees colonised but after 10 years of trapping and shooting they were eliminated.

MountainPro said:
we have beavers over here but i wouldnt say that they were a pest. the opposite is true infact, we can get enough of them...

You all have it very easy...I am from Louisiana and we have to contend with Alligators and Nutrea and Water Moccasin and did I mention Alligators. I am a mountain biker and we kind of have to get our single track where we can and that means through the swamps.