or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reheating fried chicken?

post #1 of 14
I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery
store yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you
reheat fried chicken?

TIA

Lance
post #2 of 14

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

"Lance M" <monarch@airmail.net> wrote in message
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the
> grocery store yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it.
> How do you reheat fried chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

No microwave - the outside will be soggy. Let it come to
room temp then put on foil on a cookie pan in a 450 oven for
5 min or so. This is the only way I know to retain some of
the original crispiness of the skin.

--
Peter Aitken

post #3 of 14

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

Lance M <monarch@airmail.net> got pissed off and typed

> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the
> grocery store yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it.
> How do you reheat fried chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

Warm it up in the oven, maybe at 350 or less. You could nuke
it in the microwave. I have no idea how long to leave it. I
love cold fried chicken.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
December 12, 1968
post #4 of 14

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:17:35 -0500, Lance M wrote:

> How do you reheat fried chicken?

Leave it in the picnic basket sitting in the sun while you
go play softball or swim in the lake.

--

-Jeff B. yeff at erols dot com
post #5 of 14

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

Lance M <monarch@airmail.net> writes:
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the
> grocery store yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it.
> How do you reheat fried chicken?

To quote my native coworkers when I lived in the South:

"You eat it cold, the way God intended. Preferably with a
side of potato salad and some corn bread."

--
Richard W Kaszeta rich@kaszeta.org
http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

Lance M wrote:

> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the
> grocery store yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it.
> How do you reheat fried chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

A lot of people eat it cold -- a classic picnic food. I
don't like cold fried chicken, so I usually reheat it in
some creamy gravy with lots of pepper.

-Bob
post #7 of 14

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

Lance M wrote:
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the
> grocery store yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it.
> How do you reheat fried chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

Best way to reheat is slowly in a hot oven. Put the chicken
pieces on a baking rack and heat at about 375F for 30
minutes or so, until heated through. This will retain the
crispiness of the fried coating. Nuking will result in soft
soggy but warm chicken.

Jill
post #8 of 14

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

Hark! I heard monarch@airmail.net say:

> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the
> grocery store yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it.
> How do you reheat fried chicken?

I bake mine at 325 degrees until it starts to make "frying"
noises (about 15 minutes). That keeps the crust crunchy...

--
J.J. in WA (Change COLD to HOT for e-mail) ~ mom, vid
gamer, novice cook ~ ..fish heads, fish heads, eat

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

"Peter Aitken" <paitken@CRAPnc.rr.com> got pissed off and typed

> "Lance M" <monarch@airmail.net> wrote in message
>> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the
>> grocery store yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it.
>> How do you reheat fried chicken?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Lance
>>

> No microwave - the outside will be soggy. Let it come to
> room temp then put on foil on a cookie pan in a 450 oven
> for 5 min or so. This is the only way I know to retain
> some of the original crispiness of the skin.

This is good info Peter. Thanks. I might just use this.

Michael

--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
December 12, 1968
post #10 of 14

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>"You eat it cold, the way God intended. Preferably with a
>side of potato salad and some corn bread."

Absotively. Like lasnites pizza.
post #11 of 14

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

august wrote:
> monarch@airmail.net :
>
>>> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the
>>> grocery store yesterday, but don't know how to reheat
>>> it. How do you reheat fried chicken?
>>>
> I find an oven works well.

gas or electric ?

--
post #12 of 14

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

august wrote:
> leebee@mymail.com :

>>> store >>> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it.
>>> How do you reheat fried >>> chicken?

>>> gas or electric ?
>
> Either would work, I have electric, but I am sure gas
> works just as effectively.

thanks for that heads up !

--
post #13 of 14

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

"august" <augie@thelanddownunder.com> wrote in message
> leebee@mymail.com :

fried

> || gas or electric ?
>
> Either would work, I have electric, but I am sure gas
> works just as effectively.
>
> --
>
> Do what ye will and harm none.
Heat it in your microwave over on defrost. That way you
don't cook it, just warm it. I own a Chester Chicken
operation and always have chicken in the fridge. Bill
post #14 of 14

Re: Reheating fried chicken?

penmart01@aol.como (PENMART01) got pissed off and typed

>>"leebee" snorted:
>>
>>august wrote:
>>> monarch@airmail.net :

>>> I find an oven works well.
>>
>>gas or electric ?
>

> Neither... microwave... don't overheat the breasts.

Your attachment to breasts is legendary

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
December 12, 1968
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food and nutrition