or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sachs Pentasport

post #1 of 2
I am trying to clean out and put back together a Sachs Pentasport 5 gear
system

It consists of three parts, a lever and hub gear mech and then the
enclosed black plastic changer that is attached to the end the rear
axle. (The wire from the lever goes inside this part). It is the part I
am having trouble with as a few pieces fell out when I opened it and I
can not work out where they are supposed to go. Searching the net for a
blueprint I only found the gear mech.

So does anyone know of a blue print for this?
post #2 of 2

Re: Sachs Pentasport

Garry Jones wrote:

> I am trying to clean out and put back together a Sachs Pentasport 5 gear
> system
>
> So does anyone know of a blue print for this?

Try this:
http://sram.com/_media/pdf/sram/deal...M_GHS_E_99.pdf
You probably want page 42 in this PDF.

There are other years and models here:
http://sram.com/en/service/sram/tech_manuals.php

Here's how it works for me, with the "mini clickbox" version:

Pur the rod into the axle end. if it has threads on it, turn it
clockwise while holding it all the way in until it slips in all the
way-- there should be something like 1/2" sticking out when you are not
pushing on it.

Slip the metal tube into the axle end over the outside of the rod.
Rotate it until the notch at the end faces upwards.

Slip on the little red plastic doohickey, pointy side first, and push
it on until it snaps into place on the groove in the axle end. There's
a little tooth on the inside of this thing that needs to slide down the
notch in the metal tube to orient it.

Make sure your shifter is returned to the 1st gear position. Slip the
clickbox over the axle end, with the pointy part of the red plastic
doohickey visible through the slot in the clickbox. Carefully snug
down the thumbscrew , taking care so that it finds the groove in the
axle end. The clickbox will not be pushed all the way to a hard stop
when this happens. The thumbscrew does not need to be very tight at
all, only snug enough that it won't loosen by itself.

Check gear adjustment indicator. Ride.

Chalo Colina
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home