Did You Ride Today?

72 degrees today and mostly sunny. Too bad the wind was 12 to 13 MPH with gusts above 30 MPH.

I hit the real road for 1200' of climbing real hills and it flt great. I'm really in the hole as far as being tired and over-trained. The road bike felt weird and the power meter said I was a girl.

It's great to be back outside again! Summer was here if only for on day!

Back to rain tomorrow with 62 degrees at sunrise and then crashing right back to 40 degrees by mid-afternoon. Rain, sleet and freezing rain to follow with lows in the 30's.

37 degrees this afternoon as rain fell all day. The wind was 14 to 15 MPH and I headed to the trainer.

1 hour and 50 minutes doing the Volcano Climb Route and the Road To Ruins Route plus a little free riding.

Yesterday's road ride must have done me some good. I tried, but couldn't blow myself up to save my ass. The power and RPM's just flowed easily as I made effort after effort, punch after punch with only minimal recovery. I felt stronger and fresher than I have in days.

Killed it and drilled it pretty much from start to finish. That one of those workouts you get off the bike shaking your head at how the Hell you managed to pull something like that off after feeling so dead just a day or two earlier.

Reactions: steve
42 degrees and rain yesterday. The wind was 7 to 15 MPH.

I hit the trainer for 2 hours riding the Road To Ruins, The Hilly Route, The Volcano Circuit and The Volcano Flat Route. Long, Steady mid-Distance work. I kept the tempo as close to the limit as I could, but yesterday's effort took the edge off, for sure.

It was a fun ride. Hopefully, the weather improves and I get get the legs ironed out on the road this weekend.

Nice bob, getting some good km's in! Our weather is going to start turning to **** soon :( I have about another week of being stuck on the kickr/zwift, then I can head out on the road.

We're spending 3 months in Belgium again, most of June, July and most of August. After missing last year, the motivation levels are at an all-time high. The plan is to mix in a lot of racing with some holidaying.

The week so far consists of a session before and after work most days. Will do at least 4 hours on both Saturday and Sunday, let's see how that pans out ;)

training-log.PNG

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
It's been bordering on hot here as of late and I have enough daylight to get in evening rides now but the weather changes on Sunday. More rain and cooler.

Reactions: steve and CAMPYBOB
Winter took a break for a couple of days so took the bike to work so I could get in a little ride before it got dark. I wasn't sure how the roads would be so I wore the legs warmers and booties in case I ran into to many puddles.
Nothing like being back out on the road, oh what a great sport.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSGBJJKPHOM

59 degrees today, but the rain started before dawn and went all day. The wind was 13 to 15 MPH with gusts to 22 MPH.

Trainer day, again. 2 hours 29 minutes on Watopia. Did the Road To Ruins Route, then the Volcano Climb Route. Did a Lap of Volcano Flat Route and a couple of Volcano Circuits before calling it quits at 45 miles.

Freakin' 333 miles to march across Level 22 before going to Level 22! Probably a week of crappy weather to get there! LOL!

I'm trying to get 1600' of climbing per ride minimum just to keep inching at 1% per ride of the climbing to get the Tron bike. Another worthless bauble for bragging rights and not even much of those! Heh! It will probably be next Fall or Winter when I hit Level 25 and earn the Tron. I'm only 61% of the way to the Tron. Lots of out-of-the-saddle work ahead.

I hope the arm is starting to work better, Steve! And 3 months of Summer in Belgium sounds like something for me to get very jealous of! Enjoy your time there and race safely!

I hope you're doing well, JH. You've also had a rough Winter. As has Zipp. I'm counting my blessings knowing what I dealing with is much less of a burden.

45 degrees and overcast this afternoon after a steady morning 1" to 2" of rain. More rain is moving in this evening and overnight.

Another 2-1/2 hour session on the trainer. About the same routes as yesterday with an extra Volcano Flat Lap thrown in. Tough work out again.

Another PR over the Volcano Climb KOM. Weird. I wasn't even trying for a fast climb, just concentrated on keeping my breathing under the limit and I didn't even mix it it up with anyone on the way to the summit.

Oh yeah. I got a Ride On! from M. Indurain! Probably not THAT M.Indurain, but it was still cool!

Reactions: zipp2001
Low 50 and had my grand buddy Jack sleep over Friday night. So after a trip to the local diner for breakfast and some Lego building it was off on our bikes. Jack got to pick grampies bike so he choose the Fat bike. Jack had his Lighting McQueen bike (he's 4), with his matching helmet. So it was off around the neighborhood and a little bit of hill work for him.

I hope the arm is starting to work better, Steve! And 3 months of Summer in Belgium sounds like something for me to get very jealous of! Enjoy your time there and race safely!

Yep its coming good mate, I spent 4 hours on the indoor yesterday without it giving me any trouble. The previous weekend, a 2 hour block was my limit, i think because I wasn't sitting straight or something.

We will be staying in Oudenaarde for most of the trip, it's an ace spot for riding. We've got a great deal on a rental for 3 months.

Hard rain over night. It pounded it down. At noon it's dry, overcast and 47 degrees. The wind has been up since early this morning with gusts to 52 MPH. Steady at 18 to 28 MPH! Yeah, it's tough!

I just did an hour and twenty minutes on the trainer at a little faster tempo. Had to cut it short, but I'm headed back down for another session on the trainer.

An hour and fifteen minutes like a boss! Speed demon time and I was trying like a moron on Tide Pods to keep up with all 5,000+ riders on Zwift. Climbed the Volcano and set what must be my fifth or sixth PR in the last couple of weeks. Pounded back down to do a couple laps of the Volcano Flat with anyone I could stick with.

Fantastic workout.

Then I headed outside for a quick 20-mile ride in 20 MPH steady wind. It was 50 degrees, cool and overcast. The wind gust flattened me, but it was fun to work hard into resistance other than some dumb trainer rig. Steering and braking are still cool! Fun ride and I think tomorrow looks to be an outside day. After that...more rain.

Oh...the local flooding is nuts! Water ponding up and running across roads all over the place. Good times!

Made it to the road on Saturday. Good day except for the wind with the approaching cold front. The wind actually calmed in the afternoon. Guess I should have waited. Yes Bob it has been a tough Winter and you only know part of it but I have learned that you ever quit.

Meh...too much local flooding. The roads are closed and awash in too many spots on my closest courses. I could have driven to a different start location if I had the time, but I didn't.

Hit the trainer for a 2 hour session. Richmond U.C.I. Course for 3-1/2 laps. Throttled back, but kept it steady fast and let it rip up a couple of the climbs. Weird...set a new PR lap record and 2 PR's on the hills. Again, not even trying to be a show off. And a couple girls crushed me on the flats on that hot lap. So...not all that hot.

Ohio River is at a 20+ year high flood stage and it's supposed to be that way all week. I hope our water levels lower. Think I'll leave work early tomorrow just in case I have to toss the bike in the Truck and boogie for high gound to ride on.

52 degrees today with the sun out. The wind was 13 MPH and I took a short drive to find some roads that weren't flooded.

Just a short 17-mile out & back course with 730' of climbing. It was a medium tempo ride that felt like a recovery spin after yesterday's Zwift session.

Tomorrow could be outdoors or trainer, depending on when the rain moves through.

Are they counting Zwift Miles for that challenge, Steve? Some of Strava's challenges count Zwift Miles and some do not. IIRC, only some third party events count Zwift Miles...not sure on that though.

55 degrees and overcast today with the light afternoon rain starting right on schedule. The wind was only 3 to 8 MPH, but rather than go out for a medium tempo road ride, I hit the trainer for 2 hours and killed it on London's Greater London 8, Greater London Flat and some tempo work with the USMES folks.

Are they counting Zwift Miles for that challenge, Steve? Some of Strava's challenges count Zwift Miles and some do not. IIRC, only some third party events count Zwift Miles...not sure on that though.

Good point, it doesn't look like they do. It's a bit weird, toward the end of last year I was doing 5-600kms a week, with a mix of zwift, training on the road and some criterium racing. Then I had a few weeks off work and could go out on the road each day and I reckon 7-800km weeks on the road are a lot easier than 5-600km with approx 8-10 hours done on zwift.

First ride out on the road tomorrow in 6 weeks. There is a good bunch ride I usually do that goes down the great ocean road. Hopefully, the arm stands up to 150km ;)

Good luck with the road ride. I'm sure Zwift kept your legs in decent condition! Yeah, let's hope the arm gives you no grief! Ride On!

40 degrees this afternoon and now at freezing at 8:30 PM. A heavy, cold rain fell from before dawn until after dark. Looks like between an inch and two inches of rain was in the cat bowls. Overnight snow of an inch to three inches is expected. Yay...us.

I hit the trainer for 2 hours and 8 minutes worth of London. I was interested in going a little faster this afternoon and I wasn't disappointed. I got in a small group of three other Americans and an Italian. We rocketed around the Greater London Flat at a good clip. Did a second lap of the course and some gal in a fresh polka dot jersey sailed by and I jumped. We picked up four or five other guys and took turns at the front until we split up at the Box Hill / Leith Hill split in the road.

Ended up with 40 quality miles worth of heavy breathing. Another fun run in Virtual Reality Land!