Do you train with your Ipod/MP3??

Yes, all kinds of music. Shuffle is a good idea I should try that. I love all kinds of music. It does depend upon mood with what I listen to but something upbeat preferably so I am moving faster.

I mostly ride around with music playing from my phone.

Lately I've got into listening to podcasts and documentaries while riding and it's pretty nice, especially at night when I feel a lot more free on the roads, if that makes some sense?

When I am riding in country roads I usually listen to music with my earphones. I don't listen to music whilst riding in the city since it can be quite distracting and cause danger to me and the others in the traffic.

Hello everyone! My name is Jorge Solis. I actually do not train with my Ipod because I feel distracted and sometimes I am not as coordinated as I should when playing music. In addition, the wires from the headphones have made me trip before so I do not really enjoy that. Yet, I know of people who love playing music while training.

I used to listen to mp3s on my ipod and then on phone when I had an external sd card. But the phone I have now has no external card so I installed the ibroadcast app on my phone. You Can upload your music online on ibroadcast.com and listen to it anywhere. I love it. I also listen to other music apps sometimes like iheartradio, pandora and spotify.

I like to listen to music while biking, but there are certain situations, for example being in the city in rush hours, when you just cant afford yourself to listen to music, because you may get run over. I need all my sense those times.

I usually need music while I work out, but cycling is different for me. Running on the treadmill or using the elliptical machine gets super boring and monotonous, but cycling always keeps me entertained. For me it takes more concentration too, especially when I'm mountain biking or cycling on a busy road.

I'd imagine that most people will take their iPod or mp3 player with them when they're training or cycling.

For some it will be motivating to be able to listen to their favourite tracks and for others it might just be a time to get away from everything and shut the world out.

We've all got a playlist for when we're out haven't we, or is that just me?

pwarbi said:
I'd imagine that most people will take their iPod or mp3 player with them when they're training or cycling.

For some it will be motivating to be able to listen to their favourite tracks and for others it might just be a time to get away from everything and shut the world out.

We've all got a playlist for when we're out haven't we, or is that just me?
I'd imagine a lot of people have their personal playlists for when their out and I can see a lot of it might fall into the category of music that has a vibe to it where it makes you feel like you want to keep going.

When I play some music my music usually falls into this category. Lately I've been getting into a lot of New Retro Wave stuff that is a mix of dance and trance. It's pretty nice.

I think this is a distraction for me. I do not want to take the risk and plug something in my ear just so I get entertained. I would rather hear the sounds of vehicles and other riders approaching for my own safety.

Keyan said:
I think this is a distraction for me. I do not want to take the risk and plug something in my ear just so I get entertained. I would rather hear the sounds of vehicles and other riders approaching for my own safety.
I understand what your saying and cycling in a town or city are totally different from cycling away from the traffic.

I cycle to work and back through a major city so don't listen to music then, but my main passion is mountain biking and that's when the iPod gets used.

Hardly ever when I'm riding. Whenever I have my iPod with me, I'll have the volume set low. I want to be able to hear oncoming traffic, especially from behind. I also don't want to be listening to any type of music that will make it difficult to concentrate on the road. Therefore, I avoid any music that sounds abrasive.

I always listen to music when I ride, it keeps me motivated and keeps my energy up. I only keep in one ear bud, though. I have a fear of getting hit and need to be alert at all times.

It's too quiet during the early mornings for me, so if I don't listen to music then I just get really uncomfortable and anxious about the things going on around me.

I like to listen to upbeat music with a quick pace, that way I can match it.