Fahrenheit 9/11 : Did you see it and if you did what do you think about it ?

zapper said:
It is true you have no way of telling just like you have no way of telling if I'm smiling or if i"m angry...but you and Beastt insist you do. So which is it? Applying the double standard again are you?

But it is you who has been caught in a lie...The key term here is reputation. I have a reputation for being sarcastic, you and beastt may even say rude...But your reputation which once in certain circles may have been untarnished is now been dealt a serious blow. I'm really quite amazed that you continue to try to dig yourself out of the monstrous hole you have fallen into head first. Those guns you claim to have more of seem to be pointing right back at you....

Caught lying ? sorry I genuinely don;t understand, what you're saying.

I never lied.

A lie is, saying one thing and meaning another.
I never expressed one opinion and then expressed another different opinion about the subject in question.

limerickman said:
Caught lying ? sorry I genuinely don;t understand, what you're saying.

I never lied.

Rich. Yeah, I believe you as much as I believed Clinton during the finger wagging. When you don't have much to lose, losing a tiny bit can be a great loss. The bigot lives in a glass house.

Beastt said:
By Limerickman, DavidMC, Myself, WadofLove? No, none of us and none of those I neglected to mention. You're outgunned by yourself, Zapper. You're constant flip-flops and the way you have to twist known positives to fit with your contrary opinions is what leaves you outgunned. But you're outgunned because you lack the ability to debate from a calm platform, because your desire to believe in the president conflicts so completely with what you know to be right, because your own thoughts create as much turbulence in your mind as do the arguments presented to you.
I was waiting for you beastt you are so predictable.. Outgunned? Don’t think so. It took you all day to come up with this? Pretty shoddy work..even for you. As for the bigot, mr. Peabody and the lovewad…weak and pitiful….You align youself with someone who despises an entire race. You two deserve each other. You dare to type “flip flop” ? I suppose in your world the constitution doesn’t apply to a certain type of folk huh beastt?

I make light of you feeble post and you try to make some sort of point??? This took you all day???You do better work when you are up all night collaborating with the pretzel.

"Do I have to spoon feed you everything..."
"the Liberal news outlets that you have your eyes and ears glued to"
"if you would remove your nostrils from your computer screen"
"going to vote for any bozo"
"I'm sure in your inept way"
"Yes, Einstein"
"you are the weakest link"
"one has to spell everything out to you in triplicate"
"You can sit there and turn blue and spit into the screen"
"should go tune into Christopher Lowell for some decorating tips"
"your nose shoved in a book of quotes"
"Look genius"
"let me get your spoon out for you"
"Goober"
Oh, by the way you took carefully edited my post as well I see. I actually said “Sorry, you are the weakest link”…Try to do better next time..k?

The real telling comment here is "You can sit there and turn blue and spit into the screen". It's a displacement of your anger onto me and it's not the first time you've exposed that particular psychological anomaly to the thread. You assume I'm angry though nothing in my posts suggests any kind of anger. [/quote]Hey you can do it..figured I’d try my hand at that mind reading thing…Apparently, I am better at it than you are…

You simply cannot imagine how anyone could avoid being angered by the argument of the opposition because you are unable to debate without anger. for anyone to become angered.
You obviously can’t tell the difference between well timed humor and anger. My post do exactly what they are intended to do and you respond like an obedient dog…
Serving one's country is done by defending it. You're not defending the U.S. You and those who think as you do are the greatest threat the country has ever had to defend itself against.
Yes, I’ll try to remember that when I’m standing watch while you are sleeping under that blanket of freedom.

Who am I to judge you? I'm one of the millions of people who are losing our rights, the ones we were guaranteed as American citizens, due to your inability to separate loyalty to a political office from patriotic ideals. You serve to make a victim of every true, patriotic American. Anyone can don the uniform, Zapper.
You know nothing about wearing a uniform or what it takes to do so for that matter. You are a joke and you are no one…get it..No one to judge anything except perhaps a chili cookoff.

No one was talking about how it was approved. The comment was about your support of it. Nothing else. Trying to bleed the blame off onto others isnt' going to work. You have to be responsible for your misjudgements and let others be responsible for their's.
Well I am there genius…It is a LAW…It was voted for using the same system that you claim that I am not defending you dumb ass. It’s common sense. Think about how stupid you just made yourself sound there.

Flip: Kerry is evil because he fought in a war
Flop: Bush is honorable because he started a war
Look it would seem that you would have your mouth full by now but here’s a little more humble pie…open wide now…Kerry is not evil because he fought in a war. He is evil because he came back (unlike other officers who turned down trival purple hearts to stay there with their troops) and created propaganda that the Vietcong used against REAL HERO’s over there being held prisoner. Really is it that hard for you to comprehend English? Again…your points are feeble and you need to do your homework sis…

Have a nice weekend…

Weisse Luft said:
Rich. Yeah, I believe you as much as I believed Clinton during the finger wagging. When you don't have much to lose, losing a tiny bit can be a great loss. The bigot lives in a glass house.

While unable to defend the distasteful bias Limerickman revealed, I'm not sure where idea was spawned that it represents a lie. His opinions are formed in and of his mind, based on his experiences and how he has interpreted and sculpted them. So far as I have seen, he has made no attempt to counter his statements. He has attempted to preserve the thread by not allowing it to pursue a topic that would quickly lead to moderation and elimination of the thread, as it has others.

On one side, that of preserving the thread, I support him. On the other, I strongly oppose.

zapper said:
I was waiting for you beastt you are so predictable.. Outgunned? Don’t think so. It took you all day to come up with this? Pretty shoddy work..even for you. As for the bigot, mr. Peabody and the lovewad…weak and pitiful….You align youself with someone who despises an entire race. You two deserve each other. You dare to type “flip flop” ? I suppose in your world the constitution doesn’t apply to a certain type of folk huh beastt?
You support undermining the Constitution and yet you suggest I'm selective about it?

zapper said:
I make light of you feeble post and you try to make some sort of point??? This took you all day???You do better work when you are up all night collaborating with the pretzel.
It's only 12:42pm here. The post you were referring to was started around 10:00am.

zapper said:
Oh, by the way you took carefully edited my post as well I see. I actually said “Sorry, you are the weakest link”…Try to do better next time..k?
They were all obviously excerpts. I'm sure no one else will miss that.

zapper said:
Hey you can do it..figured I’d try my hand at that mind reading thing…Apparently, I am better at it than you are.
Simple psychology is nothing akin to mind reading.

zapper said:
You obviously can’t tell the difference between well timed humor and anger. My post do exactly what they are intended to do and you respond like an obedient dog.
No one is laughing.
And your predictable responses?

zapper said:
Yes, I’ll try to remember that when I’m standing watch while you are sleeping under that blanket of freedom.
The blanket that gets a little thinner every night under your careful watch?

zapper said:
You know nothing about wearing a uniform or what it takes to do so for that matter. You are a joke and you are no one…get it..No one to judge anything except perhaps a chili cookoff.
I've worn a public safety uniform for over 21-years.

zapper said:
Well I am there genius…It is a LAW…It was voted for using the same system that you claim that I am not defending you dumb ass. It’s common sense. Think about how stupid you just made yourself sound there.
You were avoiding the point by trying to pass blame onto others.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual. " -- Thomas Jefferson

zapper said:
Look it would seem that you would have your mouth full by now but here’s a little more humble pie…open wide now…Kerry is not evil because he fought in a war. He is evil because he came back (unlike other officers who turned down trival purple hearts to stay there with their troops) and created propaganda that the Vietcong used against REAL HERO’s over there being held prisoner. Really is it that hard for you to comprehend English? Again…your points are feeble and you need to do your homework sis…
You feel that the object of fighting in a war is to die? I always thought the object was to survive. It's sad that some fail to return home. The fortunate part is that many do manage to return, though their lives will forever be diminished for their sacrifice. As long as there is war there will be those who return and those who do not. But to hold those who return responsible for the fact that some do not is inappropriate. I would never dream of blaming you for the fallen American soldiers in Iraq.

Flip: Kerry is evil because of the actions he took in fighting a war
Flop: Kerry is evil because he ceased those actions and came home

zapper said:
Have a nice weekend…
Thank you. I work weekends, nights, mornings, afternoons. But I appreciate the sentiment.

zapper said:
?

...The key term here is reputation. I have a reputation for being sarcastic, you and beastt may even say rude.......

You might view your posts as sarcasm but there is a large majority of people who do not view your posts as funny.
They find your posts offensive and the find the language that you use, offensive.

Saucy/Beastt/Keydates/Lessgo/El Ingles/pmod/DavidMc/Danian/Salsa Rider and myself have been on the receiving end of some insulting remarks from you
at one time or another.

You resort to insulting people when you are unable to address their arguments, Zapper.

limerickman said:
They find your posts offensive and the find the language that you use, offensive.

Saucy/Beastt/Keydates/Lessgo/El Ingles/pmod/DavidMc/Danian/Salsa Rider and myself have been on the receiving end of some insulting remarks from you
at one time or another.
Probably not as many that found your previous 'infamous' post offensive. You just don't get it. You have no credibility to criticize. What a hypocrite.

Beastt said:
While unable to defend the distasteful bias Limerickman revealed, I'm not sure where idea was spawned that it represents a lie. His opinions are formed in and of his mind, based on his experiences and how he has interpreted and sculpted them. So far as I have seen, he has made no attempt to counter his statements. He has attempted to preserve the thread by not allowing it to pursue a topic that would quickly lead to moderation and elimination of the thread, as it has others.

On one side, that of preserving the thread, I support him. On the other, I strongly oppose.

This is why I am refusing to discuss the matter with Zapper and Bikerman.

Since message 934, they have been consistently posting messages to me.
Perhaps they think that I might reply to them ?
I notice Bikerman is trying especially hard to get me to react and of course their friend chimes in with the Clinton reference.

There will be no discussion as to how I have arrived at my view.

Bikerman2004 said:
Probably not as many that found your previous 'infamous' post offensive. You just don't get it. You have no credibility to criticize. What a hypocrite.

Ah - you're a relative newbie here, Bikerman : you missed a lot of Zappers
earlier messages this year when he insulted practically everyone.

Bikerman2004 said:

Actually, he does, Bikerman. Certainly his credibility is more questionable than prior to the one comment that has been the subject of this thread from the moment it was posted. But his knowledge of the U.S. the ideals of the U.S. and the current action of the U.S. are still quite credible. As he pointed out long before the comment which people are trying to interpret as a lie or a forever discrediting slur, he and I disagree on many points and agree on others. We disagree on the possibility that Armstrong is doping, we disagree on the Luz Ardiden thread concerning Ullrich and Armstrong. As stated only a few posts back, I disagree with his latest bias. But where Bush, the Constitution, American Freedoms, the war in Iraq and the proper choice of the poor options given in this presidential election are concerned, I will still agree strongly with him.

No one man in the history of the world has been unimpeachable on every front. It is the nature of politics to find that one point and attempt to discredit all else for the one failing. I choose not to stoop to such vile, political tactics.

Bikerman2004 said:

One final point, Bikerman.
I think you protest a little too much here.
While you may be offended - you have repeatedly told me so since I posted message 934 YESTERDAY.

Don't overplay it - if you keep repeating it, it starts to lose it effect (and authenticity.)

limerickman said:

I notice Bikerman is trying especially hard to get me to react and of course their friend chimes in with the Clinton reference.

I understand your reasons, your concern for the welfare of the thread and the futility of attempting to reach those of an opposing view. Make no mistake, however, about my stance concerning that which will hopefully tire to discussion soon. I do not support your views, nor do I understand how you arrived at them. They are simply your views and as they do not apply to the topic of this thread, I will stand behind your decision to avoid such discussion.

limerickman said:

Don't care how you arrived at your 'views'. I find it amusing that you tell others they are offensive and intolerant. You don't react because you have no basis for rebuttal. As long as you question others 'offensive' post and their perceived intolerance, this issue will be with you. Where we go from here is up to you.

Beastt said:
I understand your reasons, your concern for the welfare of the thread and the futility of attempting to reach those of an opposing view. Make no mistake, however, about my stance concerning that which will hopefully tire to discussion soon. I do not support your views, nor do I understand how I arrived at them. They are simply your views and as they do not apply to the topic of this thread, I will stand behind your decision to avoid such discussion.
If they don't apply, perhaps you should ask why he posted his 'views' in the first place. The welfare of this thread is immaterial. This thread doesn't deserve to exist if it allows a racist to post poison.

Bikerman2004 said:
Don't care how you arrived at your 'views'. I find it amusing that you tell others they are offensive and intolerant. You don't react because you have no basis for rebuttal. As long as you question others 'offensive' post and their perceived intolerance, this issue will be with you. Where we go from here is up to you.

Protest a little too much, Bikerman.
I can understand how your sensibilities may have been offended yesterday.

But you're gilding the lilly as we say, but carrying this on ad finetum

Bikerman2004 said:
If they don't apply, perhaps you should ask why he posted his 'views' in the first place. The welfare of this thread is immaterial. This thread doesn't deserve to exist if it allows a racist to post poison.

The choice he made to post those particular views was inappropriate and regrettable. The welfare of the thread, however, is not immaterial. While you recognize the post in question as "poison" you seem to want to stir the post into a continuation of that ilk. I doubt anyone here will dismiss the post. It will live in the minds of everyone, certainly in my mind, for the duration of the forum. But to continue to try to steer the thread into a discussion of racism is inappropriate as it will lead to an escalation of inflammatory statements, violations of forum rules and the eventual demise of a thread which is among the most active on the forum. Certainly many find it worthy of their leisure time and to lose the thread would be a disservice to all active within it.

limerickman said:
One final point, Bikerman.
I think you protest a little too much here.
While you may be offended - you have repeatedly told me so since I posted message 934 YESTERDAY.

Don't overplay it - if you keep repeating it, it starts to lose it effect (and authenticity.)
A racist viewpoint never loses effect. All I ask is for you to not question anyones intolerance. It is as simple as that. I don't care if you challenge anyone. Just question something else other than intolerance and offensiveness. There is plenty of other material that Zapper has posted that you can challenge.
I thought you would understand to do that makes you a hypocrite.

This is the United States of America, not some poseur European issue. If Europeans want to join, become citizens. But most that have wanted to have already done so. This is why we are the lone super power. The Europeans have gone as far as trying to create an Eastern Atlantic equivalent. We are flattered but its only a token effort.

There are Europeans who fear such a superpower as the US, a trait learned from the Romans. Rest assured, we are not the Romans. Now the EU on the other hand...

Bikerman2004 said:

I'll answer the question for you.

I don't like being lectured by someone about Israel - especially as the person who is lecturing me about Israel is, by his religious affinity, preordained to defend what I consider to be indefensible.
That's why I posted my view.

If this is bigotry, I am a bigot.
If this is intolerance - I am intolerant.
I make no compunction in stating this.

Beastt said:
The choice he made to post those particular views was inappropriate and regrettable. The welfare of the thread, however, is not immaterial. While you recognize the post in question as "poison" you seem to want to stir the post into a continuation of that ilk. I doubt anyone here will dismiss the post. It will live in the minds of everyone, certainly in my mind, for the duration of the forum. But to continue to try to steer the thread into a discussion of racism is inappropriate as it will lead to an escalation of inflammatory statements, violations of forum rules and the eventual demise of a thread which is among the most active on the forum. Certainly many find it worthy of their leisure time and to lose the thread would be a disservice to all active within it.
It is not a question of racism. It is a question of principle. Limerickman now want to say Zapper is offensive and intolerant. You can say that, but Limerickman is a hypocrite to say it. That is the point. When he backs off then I will.