Fahrenheit 9/11 : Did you see it and if you did what do you think about it ?

lokstah said:
Well, I think what he's saying is "you're wrong." Any time two forum members disagree on a heated issue, the statements can be distilled down to "I'm right, and youre wrong." In the quote below, a few posts earlier in the same discussion, you're essentially telling Beastt just that:

You didn't call him wacky directly, or call him an idiot, but then again, neither did Beastt to you. You each explained that you think the other is grossly wrong, and you each did it politely, without conceding your arguments. I'm not sure how reasonable it is to respond to that sort of dialogue with, "so what, you're just saying I'm an idiot?" That's not how debating works, and debating is what we're here to do.
I know exactly what Beastt is trying to say. Their hate for Bush is so great that a ****** comparision seems ok. There is no debating on this thread. It is so polarized that actual debate is impossible. All most do is throw out the same ideologically driven ****.

Bikerman2004 said:
I know exactly what Beastt is trying to say. Their hate for Bush is so great that a ****** comparision seems ok. There is no debating on this thread. It is so polarized that actual debate is impossible. All most do is throw out the same ideologically driven ****.
Well, the question became whether one or both of you had taken the rhetoric from opposing ("I think you're wrong") to insulting ("I think you're an idiot"). Whether Beastt is making a rash comparison with Bush and ****** is a different issue.

Anyways, back to the question you posed two posts ago... could you rephrase it? I'm not sure I understand.

lokstah said:
Well, the question became whether one or both of you had taken the rhetoric from opposing ("I think you're wrong") to insulting ("I think you're an idiot"). Whether Beastt is making a rash comparison with Bush and ****** is a different issue.

Anyways, back to the question you posed two posts ago... could you rephrase it? I'm not sure I understand.
Beastt stated that Bush was 'inserted' into his position of power. I think what Beastt means is apparent. Will he have the same view if Kerry wins the election?
I view Beasst as being an left ideologue. That why I responded as I did. That was the mistake I made with you at first and for that I apologize. You are a liberal and I respect that. You don't seem to throw out left leaning diatribe. You'd think that just by stating an opinion, you wouldn't have people attacking you for holding that political view. I don't mind disagreement, but many on this thread go way beyond that.

Weisse Luft said:
And its about time we did more than placate the Iranians. Their "experiment" in the late 1970's with fundamental Islam has fallen flat on its face. The youth of Iran are screaming for liberty, liberty to experience a more Western country just like their parents had under the Shah. Reform here would be much easier than North Korea.

Without North Korea and Iran, state sponsored terrorism would not exist.

Now on freedoms...We weathered the Alien and Sedition act, the suspension of the Writ of Habeus Corpus, the illegal jailing of protestors in 1918 and the Japanese/Italian/German-American interments of WWII.
You may not be aware of this but, it is harder to get one's right's back than it is to give them up :rolleyes: . This prospect may not bother you but it does bother me.

jhuskey said:
[Yes, some are trying to change the words to the pledge of allegiance ..i.e removing a phrase that would mention a deity. But wait...Our forefathers approved of this pledge...

Originally written in 1892 and the phrase "One Nation Under God" not added until 1954. However I believe that this country was founded on the spirit of the wording of the 1954 revision and it is the spirit of a pledge ,contract or belief that holds more credence than the actual word for word content.
Yes it was added during the "red scare". That goes for currency too, it should be removed as it was put there for "big brother" political purposes anyway.We got through 200 yrs. (a revolution & civil war) w/o it so, as they say in Texas " If it 'aint broke, don't fix it !!!" :)

Bikerman2004 said:
Beastt stated that Bush was 'inserted' into his position of power. I think what Beastt means is apparent. Will he have the same view if Kerry wins the election?
Thanks for the nice words, I appreciate it. Consider the respect mutual.

Regarding the "insertion" question: ok, I see. Well, without putting words into Beastt's mouth, I'd suppose he was making a reference to the 2000 election -- for any of us who felt miffed by that episode, it doesn't take too heavy a dose of cynicism to make quips about Bush's "appointment" to the White House. It's a bitter jab.

As for what the cynic in each of us will say about the Kerry-Bush outcome; well, we'll just have to see how it turns out.

Weisse Luft said:
Hussein was giving the families of Palestinian terror bombers $50,000 after their loved one sprayed his guts over Israel. That is a KNOWN FACT. And definite proof of sponsership of terror.

Well whadda ya know, he's right but couldn't resist an exaggeration or two anyways.

I guess the question is why are the palestinians driven to the desperate act of becoming suicide bombers? Perhaps because they see no other way out of their predicament and the US is not helping their cause in any way, especially under Georgie and his bully boys. Granted they have not helped their own cause either... but something more constructive could be done there without the US supporting Israel's every move.

zapper said:
Well, well, well if it isn't my former cannabis munching friend...Professor Peabody offering up spelling advice...

Speaking of cloudy facts, there is no evidence that cannabis has any long term effects on mental ability.

lokstah said:
Regarding the "insertion" question: ok, I see. Well, without putting words into Beastt's mouth, I'd suppose he was making a reference to the 2000 election -- for any of us who felt miffed by that episode, it doesn't take too heavy a dose of cynicism to make quips about Bush's "appointment" to the White House. It's a bitter jab.
I wonder if you are Beastt take issue with Hayes or Harrison???

lokstah said:
And you were, what, having your first grandchild during the Hayes campaign? :)
No..but since you and many before you in this forum have mentioned election of 2000 as a "stolen" election however tounge in cheek one refers...I was just asking for an opinion on those elections in light of what just happened. However, if the scope of your political history doesn't extend that far back that's ok....I was just curious.

zapper said:
Well, well, well if it isn't my former cannabis munching friend...Professor Peabody offering up spelling advice...Thanks, I know you would have told me earlier but it took a while to sink in as your short term memory is toast I'm sure...But while we are being anal about this ****...how about adding a comma between the "1" and the "000"., “runout” is actually two words “run out” and “reenstate” is actually spelled “reinstate” not that it means anything… Thanks. :p

I’m sure the insurgents aren’t reading this but who knows where else you people post your **** Panama Red?…More over, how do we know you are not one yourself? Anyway, give me a figure. You say they are down but it doesn’t seem like you have more to offer up than what may be listed by Al Franken or on Kerry’s website. How about Marines? “A local recruiter for the Marine Corps tells us his office is 30% over his quota. Recruiters for the Navy and the Air Force would not release any numbers, but tell us recruiting is strong.” Once again, like the folks you hang with…your facts are cloudy…. :confused:
This will be my last reminder, genius, that my screenname is davidmc, your cute nicknames became tiresome @ a month ago but you'll say whatever you want anyway because you're pompous & arrogant or dimwitted or all 3. Your slur's don't have the same impact they did previously. Why don't you save yourself some keystrokes & extend the life of your keyboard by growing up. That's probably asking too much but i digress.
Just heard on the radio ystrdy, marine enlistments are never down, its the other branch's that are smarting. The Army, especially, is the one that is hardest hit & for good reason. Fallujah or until recently Najaf play a part in this. I can see the enlistment poster's now-"Come, see beautiful Fallujah, join the army today.Two casualties a day( or more). No way to get @ this figure. August had the highest # of casualties to date w/ no end date in sight if you go by what Cheney (oops, i mean Bush) says.

davidmc said:
Just heard on the radio ystrdy, marine enlistments are never down, its the other branch's that are smarting. The Army is the one that is the one that is down, & for good reason. Fallujah or until recently Najaf play a part in this. Two casualties a day( or more). No way to get @ this figure. August had the highest # of casualties to date.
Ystrdy???? C'mon professor you are slipping. Oh, well. I'm working on some data for you from Army recruiting...One thing I must caution you on, without knowing the recruitment numbers, your statement is...how do you put it? Oh, yes, grasping at straws....

pomod said:
[BLOCK]The time to have protested would have been prior to going to war not during.[/BLOCK]

Umm, there were massive protests in every country of the world. but Bush doesn't govern by focus groups remember? Why were there protests? I guess the case for war wasn't that convincing, then as now.

[BLOCK]I can tell that being over in theatre during the War and seeing protests or planned protests going on in the states while I was there severely effected not only my morale but the morale of my shipmates. Imagine how that makes a ground soldier feel who is in the thick of it? .[/BLOCK]

I would hope it makes them think for themselves o question what they were doing and not blindly follow some order to bomb a village because someone with the integrity of Rumsfield says so. Every day there are Israeli soldiers questioning their orders and refusing to bulldoze Palestinian houses, or fire missiles into a crowd. Imagine if all soldiers really questioned why or what the hell they were doing in Iraq, instead of swallowing the ******** lines of the commander and chief. As a previous soldier I can see you empathize with the soldiers there and fair enough, I also see by your the way you defend your arguments that you still buy into the ******** lines dished by your commander and chief. Your incapable of questioning that authority and it irks you when others do. 1000 lives lost is tragic but kind of a ******** figure, when the reality is 11000 lives have been lost. A large proportion of remaining 10000 were women, children, and other completely innocent people.

I hear what you're saying but bringing the israeli comparison in to the argument in fact hinders your case.
Every jew, regardless of their generic nationality, is automatically given israeli citizenship and is therefore pre-disposed to defending israel.

Those israeli soldiers who have objected to the evil actions of their goverment are suffereing terribly for making the correct decision in not participating in the genocide currently going on in Palestine.
Those soldiers should be commended for their actions.
of course, the official line is that they are traitors.

davidmc said:
This will be my last reminder, genius, that my screenname is davidmc, your cute nicknames became tiresome @ a month ago but you'll say whatever you want anyway because you're pompous & arrogant or dimwitted or all 3.
Me Pompous? arrogant?....Dimwitted???? Ok, so what's your point?

Your slur's don't have the same impact they did previously. Why don't you save yourself some keystrokes & extend the life of your keyboard by growing up.
Look gramps, extend the life of my keyboard by growing up? Yeah, that line made sense...much like you calling some one immature yet your avatar is a freakin cartoon character...???What's next..going to try that "If karma is a boomerang" line???

That's probably asking too much but i digress.
Yes it is...

Michael Moore is just like every other movie maker. He is only interested in the "Bottom Line" and that is M-O-N-E-Y. Truth has nothing to do with Michael moore, Rush Limbaugh, or any other news journalist. Dan Rather included. They was attention, money and fame. I think they ALL suck.