Greatest sportsman ever

whuppingboy said:
LOL.....Where and how far do you ride?
If you dont mind me asking of course...

Nowhere at the moment I'm recovering from a broken femur (smashed riding to work on black ice) but normally East Sussex and not far enough!

Oh dear....Strangely enough i'm recovering from a knee operation, (anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction+cartlidge tears). I have found the only exercise i can do hard enough to break a sweat is cycling. Can't run, can swim a bit.....
Were you on the road when you came a cropper? Any cars involved?

I had ACl and Meniscus surgery a year ago.Very frustrating watching people do the long rides last year while I just tried to doa 10 miler. I recovered pretty fast.

whuppingboy said:
Oh dear....Strangely enough i'm recovering from a knee operation, (anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction+cartlidge tears). I have found the only exercise i can do hard enough to break a sweat is cycling. Can't run, can swim a bit.....
Were you on the road when you came a cropper? Any cars involved?

Just me the road and a patch of black ice 10 weeks ago, totally smashed my hip. I now have an eight inch titanium rod inserted in the femur, have never known pain like it!!! Still hopefully I will be back on the bike in a month or two.

i'm not an entire sports world kind of person meaning that i don't follow ice hockey, definately COULD care less for golf as a sport if at all, baseball, soccer, you get the idea so i can't name any of them other than Tiger Woods who i like for sporting events that occurred on the most majestic of them all's playing fields, the master bedroom. now on the other hand i watched on universal sports last night the 2009 kona ironman championships and Craig "Crowie" Alexander sticks out as one for sure in that all day long, all day strong field as he finished strong, defending his title against big mouth macca as did chrissie wellington pulled out a three-some of her own who started strong and stayed there, as usual. i'd recommend to anyone to pay attention to the full distance triathlon, better known as The Ironman.

btw, craig alexander had his garage broken into last night, car and bicycles gone.

roadhouse said:
i'm not an entire sports world kind of person meaning that i don't follow ice hockey, definately COULD care less for golf as a sport if at all, baseball, soccer, you get the idea so i can't name any of them other than Tiger Woods who i like for sporting events that occurred on the most majestic of them all's playing fields, the master bedroom. now on the other hand i watched on universal sports last night the 2009 kona ironman championships and Craig "Crowie" Alexander sticks out as one for sure in that all day long, all day strong field as he finished strong, defending his title against big mouth macca as did chrissie wellington pulled out a three-some of her own who started strong and stayed there, as usual. i'd recommend to anyone to pay attention to the full distance triathlon, better known as The Ironman.

btw, craig alexander had his garage broken into last night, car and bicycles gone.

^^^ Why didn't you just sniff the saddles and put the bikes back?

mattp1975 said:
Just me the road and a patch of black ice 10 weeks ago, totally smashed my hip. I now have an eight inch titanium rod inserted in the femur, have never known pain like it!!! Still hopefully I will be back on the bike in a month or two.

I'm hip to where you're coming from. In the spring of 2005, I had a crash which resulted in a hip busted in two places, a pin, a plate, and 4 screws. PT was definitely sub-optimal on the fun scale.

alienator said:
I'm hip to where you're coming from. In the spring of 2005, I had a crash which resulted in a hip busted in two places, a pin, a plate, and 4 screws. PT was definitely sub-optimal on the fun scale.

I might put you in as the greatest sportsman ever after seeing this.

That was just a thing. Many others have been through much worse. I've got no complaint nor any right to complain about bumps and bruises given the lot of others in the world.

alienator said:

Nasty business! That is some serious metalwork, here's mine

I have never experienced this and feel sorry for those who have. But back to the topic, and all anyone is doing is re-ashoreing me that Sir Donald Bradman is the greatest athlete in his given sport than ever lived. Just to put it in perspective....Lance would have needed to win TDF 10 times as well as win every other race he competed in more than anyone else!!!

Scotttri said:
I have never experienced this and feel sorry for those who have. But back to the topic, and all anyone is doing is re-ashoreing me that Sir Donald Bradman is the greatest athlete in his given sport than ever lived. Just to put it in perspective....Lance would have needed to win TDF 10 times as well as win every other race he competed in more than anyone else!!!

Hate to keep on about Merckx but have you seen his palmares?!?!