I admit to keeping garlic powder around

?

=?iso-8859-1?B?Qk9CT0JPbm9CT64=?=

Guest
for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
+garlic powder+salt.

--Bryan

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
> +garlic powder+salt.
>
> --Bryan

I keep it around too, onion powder as well, also for one and only one
use - in rubs for ribs, BBQ, etc.

--
Peter Aitken

/Whatever/ you do, don't sprinkle garlic powder into the shoes and
combat boots of your college roommate who seems to have an aversion to
bathing (in the summer, no less.) Don't ask me how I know this.

Best regards,
Bob

In article <[email protected]>,
BOBOBOnoBO® <[email protected]> wrote:

> for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
> +garlic powder+salt.
>
> --Bryan

What's wrong with garlic powder, (aka granulated garlic)? :)

It's handy for LOTS of things.

So is onion powder.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a *****" -- Jack Nicholson

"BOBOBOnoBO®" <[email protected]> wrote

> for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
> +garlic powder+salt.

You keep it next to the onion soup mix?

nancy (kidding, I love my granulated garlic for many things)

On Jun 27, 3:55 pm, zxcvbob <[email protected]> wrote:
> /Whatever/ you do, don't sprinkle garlic powder into the shoes and
> combat boots of your college roommate who seems to have an aversion to
> bathing (in the summer, no less.) Don't ask me how I know this.

Hehe. That's great.

Here's something from another newsgroup:

"If someone is taking their dog out to **** by the sidewalk and not
cleaning up after it, then taking the dog back inside where it will
spend all day until her or her boyfriend get home from work you can
take a 00 size gelatin capsule filled with Pure Cap (made by Garden
Row Foods http://www.firegirl.com/hs1154.html )
and take a small piece of steak to which you have made an incision
just right to completely enclose the capsule and insert the capsule.
Since dogs scarf small
pieces of meat whole, it will be some time before the capsule
dissolves, but when it does extreme peristalsis will occur, and when
the stuff reaches the large intestine, which has pain sensitive
nerves,
the dog--no matter how much of a 'good dog' he or she is--will not be
able to control its bowels. Add to that the fact that the dog's
asshole will also be burning like hell right after it *****, and you
know what that'll lead to, right? You guessed it, butthole surfing
across the carpets.
Yeah, all those times I had to walk past that stinking dogshit on my
way to catch the bus to school...It's fun to make the punishment fit
the crime. "

> Best regards,
> Bob

--Bryan

"BOBOBOnoBO®" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
> +garlic powder+salt.

Well since it's true confession time:

I keep onion soup mix just to stir it into sour cream for dipping.

Paul

On Jun 27, 4:10 pm, "Paul M. Cook" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> "BOBOBOnoBO®" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
> > +garlic powder+salt.

> Well since it's true confession time:
>
> I keep onion soup mix just to stir it into sour cream for dipping.

At least you realize that it's not something to proudly announce by
posting a "dip recipe." If you like onion dip, you should try the
above, using onion powder instead of garlic, and sour cream instead of
the cream cheese/cream mixture.
Think if you served it at a party and someone asked what was in it,
and you had to admit it had packets of onion soup mix.

> Paul

--Bryan

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> You keep it next to the onion soup mix?

How did you know?

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

> "If someone is taking their dog out to **** by the sidewalk and not
>cleaning up after it, then taking the dog back inside where it will
>spend all day until her or her boyfriend get home from work you can
>take a 00 size gelatin capsule filled with Pure Cap (made by Garden
>Row Foods http://www.firegirl.com/hs1154.html )
>and take a small piece of steak to which you have made an incision
>just right to completely enclose the capsule and insert the capsule.
>Since dogs scarf small
>pieces of meat whole, it will be some time before the capsule
>dissolves, but when it does extreme peristalsis will occur, and when
>the stuff reaches the large intestine, which has pain sensitive
>nerves,
>the dog--no matter how much of a 'good dog' he or she is--will not be
>able to control its bowels. Add to that the fact that the dog's
>asshole will also be burning like hell right after it *****, and you
>know what that'll lead to, right? You guessed it, butthole surfing
>across the carpets.
>Yeah, all those times I had to walk past that stinking dogshit on my
>way to catch the bus to school...It's fun to make the punishment fit
>the crime. "

Although this provides a "tee-hee-hee" experience for a moment, I'm
sure you know it's never appropriate to harm an animal for it's
owner's misdeeds. Right?

>Think if you served it at a party and someone asked what was in it,
>and you had to admit it had packets of onion soup mix.

Shrug. Most people really like it.

Paul

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:01:21 -0700, BOBOBOnoBO® <[email protected]>
wrote:

>for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
>+garlic powder+salt.

Fr. Guido Parducci has absolved you of all kitchen infractions.

If you didn't have garlic powder in your kitchen...that would be
unforgivable.

"hahabogus" <[email protected]> wrote

> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote

>> You keep it next to the onion soup mix?

> How did you know?

I'm wise to his jive.

The other day I caught part of another episode of Next Food
Network Star. I take it a bag of groceries was left behind by
someone. This really messed up one of the contestants because
in it was his onion soup mix.

Struck me as odd, and can't he just make up his own with the
stuff they have on hand in the kitchen?

nancy

BOBOBOnoBO® wrote:
> for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
> +garlic powder+salt.
>
> --Bryan

Fresh garlic works well too and you get a nicer garlic taste. Roasted
garlic also works well in such a dip and it is easier to make a paste.

BOBOBOnoBO® wrote:

> Here's something from another newsgroup:
>
> "If someone is taking their dog out to **** by the sidewalk and not
> cleaning up after it, then taking the dog back inside where it will
> spend all day until her or her boyfriend get home from work you can
> take a 00 size gelatin capsule filled with Pure Cap (made by Garden
> Row Foods http://www.firegirl.com/hs1154.html )
> and take a small piece of steak to which you have made an incision
> just right to completely enclose the capsule and insert the capsule.
> Since dogs scarf small
> pieces of meat whole, it will be some time before the capsule
> dissolves, but when it does extreme peristalsis will occur, and when
> the stuff reaches the large intestine, which has pain sensitive
> nerves,
> the dog--no matter how much of a 'good dog' he or she is--will not be
> able to control its bowels. Add to that the fact that the dog's
> asshole will also be burning like hell right after it *****, and you
> know what that'll lead to, right? You guessed it, butthole surfing
> across the carpets.
> Yeah, all those times I had to walk past that stinking dogshit on my
> way to catch the bus to school...It's fun to make the punishment fit
> the crime. "
>> Best regards,
>> Bob

> --Bryan

But wouldn't the correct action be to feed this to the dog *owner* if
they don't have a clue?

On Jun 27, 4:46 pm, Abe <[email protected]> wrote:
> > "If someone is taking their dog out to **** by the sidewalk and not
> >cleaning up after it, then taking the dog back inside where it will
> >spend all day until her or her boyfriend get home from work you can
> >take a 00 size gelatin capsule filled with Pure Cap (made by Garden
> >Row Foodshttp://www.firegirl.com/hs1154.html)
> >and take a small piece of steak to which you have made an incision
> >just right to completely enclose the capsule and insert the capsule.
> >Since dogs scarf small
> >pieces of meat whole, it will be some time before the capsule
> >dissolves, but when it does extreme peristalsis will occur, and when
> >the stuff reaches the large intestine, which has pain sensitive
> >nerves,
> >the dog--no matter how much of a 'good dog' he or she is--will not be
> >able to control its bowels. Add to that the fact that the dog's
> >asshole will also be burning like hell right after it *****, and you
> >know what that'll lead to, right? You guessed it, butthole surfing
> >across the carpets.
> >Yeah, all those times I had to walk past that stinking dogshit on my
> >way to catch the bus to school...It's fun to make the punishment fit
> >the crime. "

> Although this provides a "tee-hee-hee" experience for a moment, I'm
> sure you know it's never appropriate to harm an animal for it's
> owner's misdeeds. Right?

I know, but for a short period of discomfort, just think about the
effect on the owner. Just think how nasty their surprise was when
they got home.

--Bryan

On Jun 27, 5:20 pm, George <[email protected]> wrote:
> BOBOBOnoBO® wrote:
> > Here's something from another newsgroup:

> > "If someone is taking their dog out to **** by the sidewalk and not
> > cleaning up after it, then taking the dog back inside where it will
> > spend all day until her or her boyfriend get home from work you can
> > take a 00 size gelatin capsule filled with Pure Cap (made by Garden
> > Row Foodshttp://www.firegirl.com/hs1154.html)
> > and take a small piece of steak to which you have made an incision
> > just right to completely enclose the capsule and insert the capsule.
> > Since dogs scarf small
> > pieces of meat whole, it will be some time before the capsule
> > dissolves, but when it does extreme peristalsis will occur, and when
> > the stuff reaches the large intestine, which has pain sensitive
> > nerves,
> > the dog--no matter how much of a 'good dog' he or she is--will not be
> > able to control its bowels. Add to that the fact that the dog's
> > asshole will also be burning like hell right after it *****, and you
> > know what that'll lead to, right? You guessed it, butthole surfing
> > across the carpets.
> > Yeah, all those times I had to walk past that stinking dogshit on my
> > way to catch the bus to school...It's fun to make the punishment fit
> > the crime. "
> >> Best regards,
> >> Bob

> > --Bryan

> But wouldn't the correct action be to feed this to the dog *owner* if
> they don't have a clue?

Oh, they had "a clue." they just didn't care.

--Bryan

On Jun 27, 6:04?pm, Omelet <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>
> BOBOBOnoBO <[email protected]> wrote:
> > for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
> > +garlic powder+salt.

> > --Bryan

> What's wrong with garlic powder, (aka granulated garlic)? :)
>
> It's handy for LOTS of things.
>
> So is onion powder.

If all the dehydrated food products were removed from the market
eating would be very boring... no black pepper, no chocolate, no nuts,
no beans, no tea and no coffee. Hey, put down that cheese... that
sausage too. Bread is made from dehydrated wheat, so is pasta... and
naturally so is rice dehydrated. Folks consume more dehydrated foods
than non dehydrated. There's nothing wrong with dehydrated garlic,
those heads of garlic at the stupidmarket are dried... hardly anyone
tastes fresh garlic their entire life. Every spice is used dried.
Folks who knock dehy garlic really know zip about food, they know
absolutely nothing, zero, nada.

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "hahabogus" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote

>>> You keep it next to the onion soup mix?

>> How did you know?

> I'm wise to his jive.
>
> The other day I caught part of another episode of Next Food
> Network Star. I take it a bag of groceries was left behind by
> someone. This really messed up one of the contestants because
> in it was his onion soup mix.
>
> Struck me as odd, and can't he just make up his own with the
> stuff they have on hand in the kitchen?
>
> nancy

I made up your flank steak marinade with killi's modification (dark
sesame oil) tonight...my new bbq comes tommorrow...screw his onion soup
mix. It's grilled flank err round steak (they had no flank) for supper
tomorrow.

I pounded it well with a tenderiser (one of those bladed ones) and the
back of my cleaver before letting it sit over night in your brew. Should
be ok for grillin...I'm chillin drinking pineapple juice.

On 2007-06-27, Ward Abbott <[email protected]> wrote:

> Fr. Guido Parducci has absolved you of all kitchen infractions.

You mean Father Guido Sarducci, "gossip columnist and rock critic for
the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano"?

nb