I admit to keeping garlic powder around

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by =?iso-8859-1?B?Qk9CT0JPbm9CT64=?=, Jun 27, 2007.

  1. for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
    +garlic powder+salt.

    --Bryan

    Tags:

  2. Peter A

    Peter A Guest

    In article <1182978081.883151.77130@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
    CLASSACT@BRICK.NET says...
    > for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
    > +garlic powder+salt.
    >
    > --Bryan

    I keep it around too, onion powder as well, also for one and only one
    use - in rubs for ribs, BBQ, etc.

    --
    Peter Aitken

  3. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    /Whatever/ you do, don't sprinkle garlic powder into the shoes and
    combat boots of your college roommate who seems to have an aversion to
    bathing (in the summer, no less.) Don't ask me how I know this.

    Best regards,
    Bob

  4. Omelet

    Omelet Guest

    BOBOBOnoBO® <CLASSACT@BRICK.NET> wrote:

    > for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
    > +garlic powder+salt.
    >
    > --Bryan

    What's wrong with garlic powder, (aka granulated garlic)? :)

    It's handy for LOTS of things.

    So is onion powder.
    --
    Peace, Om

    Remove _ to validate e-mails.

  5. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "BOBOBOnoBO®" <CLASSACT@BRICK.NET> wrote

    > for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
    > +garlic powder+salt.

    You keep it next to the onion soup mix?

    nancy (kidding, I love my granulated garlic for many things)

  6. On Jun 27, 3:55 pm, zxcvbob <zxcv...@charter.net> wrote:
    > /Whatever/ you do, don't sprinkle garlic powder into the shoes and
    > combat boots of your college roommate who seems to have an aversion to
    > bathing (in the summer, no less.) Don't ask me how I know this.

    Hehe. That's great.

    Here's something from another newsgroup:

    "If someone is taking their dog out to shit by the sidewalk and not
    cleaning up after it, then taking the dog back inside where it will
    spend all day until her or her boyfriend get home from work you can
    take a 00 size gelatin capsule filled with Pure Cap (made by Garden
    Row Foods http://www.firegirl.com/hs1154.html )
    and take a small piece of steak to which you have made an incision
    just right to completely enclose the capsule and insert the capsule.
    Since dogs scarf small
    pieces of meat whole, it will be some time before the capsule
    dissolves, but when it does extreme peristalsis will occur, and when
    the stuff reaches the large intestine, which has pain sensitive
    nerves,
    the dog--no matter how much of a 'good dog' he or she is--will not be
    able to control its bowels. Add to that the fact that the dog's
    asshole will also be burning like hell right after it shits, and you
    know what that'll lead to, right? You guessed it, butthole surfing
    across the carpets.
    Yeah, all those times I had to walk past that stinking dogshit on my
    way to catch the bus to school...It's fun to make the punishment fit
    the crime. "

    > Best regards,
    > Bob

    --Bryan

  7. Paul M. Cook

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    "BOBOBOnoBO®" <CLASSACT@BRICK.NET> wrote in message
    > for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
    > +garlic powder+salt.

    Well since it's true confession time:

    I keep onion soup mix just to stir it into sour cream for dipping.

    Paul

  8. On Jun 27, 4:10 pm, "Paul M. Cook" <pmBERMUDA_SHORTSc...@gte.net>
    wrote:
    > "BOBOBOnoBO®" <CLASS...@BRICK.NET> wrote in message

    > > for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
    > > +garlic powder+salt.

    > Well since it's true confession time:
    >
    > I keep onion soup mix just to stir it into sour cream for dipping.

    At least you realize that it's not something to proudly announce by
    posting a "dip recipe." If you like onion dip, you should try the
    above, using onion powder instead of garlic, and sour cream instead of
    the cream cheese/cream mixture.
    Think if you served it at a party and someone asked what was in it,
    and you had to admit it had packets of onion soup mix.

    > Paul

    --Bryan

  9. hahabogus

    hahabogus Guest

    "Nancy Young" <rjynly@comcast.net> wrote in

    > You keep it next to the onion soup mix?

    How did you know?

    --

    The house of the burning beet-Alan

    Elbonian Folklore

  10. Abe

    Abe Guest

    > "If someone is taking their dog out to shit by the sidewalk and not
    >cleaning up after it, then taking the dog back inside where it will
    >spend all day until her or her boyfriend get home from work you can
    >take a 00 size gelatin capsule filled with Pure Cap (made by Garden
    >Row Foods http://www.firegirl.com/hs1154.html )
    >and take a small piece of steak to which you have made an incision
    >just right to completely enclose the capsule and insert the capsule.
    >Since dogs scarf small
    >pieces of meat whole, it will be some time before the capsule
    >dissolves, but when it does extreme peristalsis will occur, and when
    >the stuff reaches the large intestine, which has pain sensitive
    >nerves,
    >the dog--no matter how much of a 'good dog' he or she is--will not be
    >able to control its bowels. Add to that the fact that the dog's
    >asshole will also be burning like hell right after it shits, and you
    >know what that'll lead to, right? You guessed it, butthole surfing
    >across the carpets.
    >Yeah, all those times I had to walk past that stinking dogshit on my
    >way to catch the bus to school...It's fun to make the punishment fit
    >the crime. "

    Although this provides a "tee-hee-hee" experience for a moment, I'm
    sure you know it's never appropriate to harm an animal for it's
    owner's misdeeds. Right?

  11. Paul M. Cook

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    >Think if you served it at a party and someone asked what was in it,
    >and you had to admit it had packets of onion soup mix.

    Shrug. Most people really like it.

    Paul

  12. Ward Abbott

    Ward Abbott Guest

    On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:01:21 -0700, BOBOBOnoBO® <CLASSACT@BRICK.NET>
    wrote:

    >for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
    >+garlic powder+salt.

    Fr. Guido Parducci has absolved you of all kitchen infractions.

    If you didn't have garlic powder in your kitchen...that would be
    unforgivable.

  13. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "hahabogus" <invalid@null.null> wrote

    > "Nancy Young" <rjynly@comcast.net> wrote

    >> You keep it next to the onion soup mix?

    > How did you know?

    I'm wise to his jive.

    The other day I caught part of another episode of Next Food
    Network Star. I take it a bag of groceries was left behind by
    someone. This really messed up one of the contestants because
    in it was his onion soup mix.

    Struck me as odd, and can't he just make up his own with the
    stuff they have on hand in the kitchen?

    nancy

  14. George

    George Guest

    BOBOBOnoBO® wrote:
    > for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
    > +garlic powder+salt.
    >
    > --Bryan

    Fresh garlic works well too and you get a nicer garlic taste. Roasted
    garlic also works well in such a dip and it is easier to make a paste.

  15. George

    George Guest

    BOBOBOnoBO® wrote:

    > Here's something from another newsgroup:
    >
    > "If someone is taking their dog out to shit by the sidewalk and not
    > cleaning up after it, then taking the dog back inside where it will
    > spend all day until her or her boyfriend get home from work you can
    > take a 00 size gelatin capsule filled with Pure Cap (made by Garden
    > Row Foods http://www.firegirl.com/hs1154.html )
    > and take a small piece of steak to which you have made an incision
    > just right to completely enclose the capsule and insert the capsule.
    > Since dogs scarf small
    > pieces of meat whole, it will be some time before the capsule
    > dissolves, but when it does extreme peristalsis will occur, and when
    > the stuff reaches the large intestine, which has pain sensitive
    > nerves,
    > the dog--no matter how much of a 'good dog' he or she is--will not be
    > able to control its bowels. Add to that the fact that the dog's
    > asshole will also be burning like hell right after it shits, and you
    > know what that'll lead to, right? You guessed it, butthole surfing
    > across the carpets.
    > Yeah, all those times I had to walk past that stinking dogshit on my
    > way to catch the bus to school...It's fun to make the punishment fit
    > the crime. "
    >> Best regards,
    >> Bob

    > --Bryan

    But wouldn't the correct action be to feed this to the dog *owner* if
    they don't have a clue?

  16. On Jun 27, 4:46 pm, Abe <n...@nowhere.com> wrote:
    > > "If someone is taking their dog out to shit by the sidewalk and not
    > >cleaning up after it, then taking the dog back inside where it will
    > >spend all day until her or her boyfriend get home from work you can
    > >take a 00 size gelatin capsule filled with Pure Cap (made by Garden
    > >Row Foodshttp://www.firegirl.com/hs1154.html)
    > >and take a small piece of steak to which you have made an incision
    > >just right to completely enclose the capsule and insert the capsule.
    > >Since dogs scarf small
    > >pieces of meat whole, it will be some time before the capsule
    > >dissolves, but when it does extreme peristalsis will occur, and when
    > >the stuff reaches the large intestine, which has pain sensitive
    > >nerves,
    > >the dog--no matter how much of a 'good dog' he or she is--will not be
    > >able to control its bowels. Add to that the fact that the dog's
    > >asshole will also be burning like hell right after it shits, and you
    > >know what that'll lead to, right? You guessed it, butthole surfing
    > >across the carpets.
    > >Yeah, all those times I had to walk past that stinking dogshit on my
    > >way to catch the bus to school...It's fun to make the punishment fit
    > >the crime. "

    > Although this provides a "tee-hee-hee" experience for a moment, I'm
    > sure you know it's never appropriate to harm an animal for it's
    > owner's misdeeds. Right?

    I know, but for a short period of discomfort, just think about the
    effect on the owner. Just think how nasty their surprise was when
    they got home.

    --Bryan

  17. On Jun 27, 5:20 pm, George <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    > BOBOBOnoBO® wrote:
    > > Here's something from another newsgroup:

    > > "If someone is taking their dog out to shit by the sidewalk and not
    > > cleaning up after it, then taking the dog back inside where it will
    > > spend all day until her or her boyfriend get home from work you can
    > > take a 00 size gelatin capsule filled with Pure Cap (made by Garden
    > > Row Foodshttp://www.firegirl.com/hs1154.html)
    > > and take a small piece of steak to which you have made an incision
    > > just right to completely enclose the capsule and insert the capsule.
    > > Since dogs scarf small
    > > pieces of meat whole, it will be some time before the capsule
    > > dissolves, but when it does extreme peristalsis will occur, and when
    > > the stuff reaches the large intestine, which has pain sensitive
    > > nerves,
    > > the dog--no matter how much of a 'good dog' he or she is--will not be
    > > able to control its bowels. Add to that the fact that the dog's
    > > asshole will also be burning like hell right after it shits, and you
    > > know what that'll lead to, right? You guessed it, butthole surfing
    > > across the carpets.
    > > Yeah, all those times I had to walk past that stinking dogshit on my
    > > way to catch the bus to school...It's fun to make the punishment fit
    > > the crime. "
    > >> Best regards,
    > >> Bob

    > > --Bryan

    > But wouldn't the correct action be to feed this to the dog *owner* if
    > they don't have a clue?

    Oh, they had "a clue." they just didn't care.

    --Bryan

  18. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    On Jun 27, 6:04?pm, Omelet <omp_ome...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > In article <1182978081.883151.77...@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > BOBOBOnoBO <CLASS...@BRICK.NET> wrote:
    > > for one reason. I use it in potato chip dip. Cream cheese+heavy cream
    > > +garlic powder+salt.

    > > --Bryan

    > What's wrong with garlic powder, (aka granulated garlic)? :)
    >
    > It's handy for LOTS of things.
    >
    > So is onion powder.

    If all the dehydrated food products were removed from the market
    eating would be very boring... no black pepper, no chocolate, no nuts,
    no beans, no tea and no coffee. Hey, put down that cheese... that
    sausage too. Bread is made from dehydrated wheat, so is pasta... and
    naturally so is rice dehydrated. Folks consume more dehydrated foods
    than non dehydrated. There's nothing wrong with dehydrated garlic,
    those heads of garlic at the stupidmarket are dried... hardly anyone
    tastes fresh garlic their entire life. Every spice is used dried.
    Folks who knock dehy garlic really know zip about food, they know
    absolutely nothing, zero, nada.

  19. hahabogus

    > "hahabogus" <invalid@null.null> wrote
    >
    >> "Nancy Young" <rjynly@comcast.net> wrote

    >>> You keep it next to the onion soup mix?

    >> How did you know?

    > I'm wise to his jive.
    >
    > The other day I caught part of another episode of Next Food
    > Network Star. I take it a bag of groceries was left behind by
    > someone. This really messed up one of the contestants because
    > in it was his onion soup mix.
    >
    > Struck me as odd, and can't he just make up his own with the
    > stuff they have on hand in the kitchen?
    >
    > nancy

    I made up your flank steak marinade with killi's modification (dark
    sesame oil) tonight...my new bbq comes tommorrow...screw his onion soup
    mix. It's grilled flank err round steak (they had no flank) for supper
    tomorrow.

    I pounded it well with a tenderiser (one of those bladed ones) and the
    back of my cleaver before letting it sit over night in your brew. Should
    be ok for grillin...I'm chillin drinking pineapple juice.

    --

    The house of the burning beet-Alan

    Elbonian Folklore

  20. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2007-06-27, Ward Abbott <presby@terian.com> wrote:

    > Fr. Guido Parducci has absolved you of all kitchen infractions.

    You mean Father Guido Sarducci, "gossip columnist and rock critic for
    the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano"?

    nb

Share This Page