I noticed a lot more commuter bikers!

I think most people in Malaysia are afraid of getting sun tanned. I think it's ok as I like the outdoors. Also noticed that there are a lot of things we dont see when we drive! :eek:

My patients think I'm crazy as nobody cycles on our roads! But some have started getting their old and rusty bikes out. ;)

sportsmed said:
My patients think I'm crazy as nobody cycles on our roads! But some have started getting their old and rusty bikes out. ;)
My wife thinks I am crazy too for riding most of the roads I ride in Rome!

Don't worry about what others think! Just ride. And laugh at their petrol bills! :D

What would be a good handlebar to prevent wrist pain for cycling long distances? Any suggestions?

sportsmed said:
What would be a good handlebar to prevent wrist pain for cycling long distances? Any suggestions?
Since I don't know how you sit on the bike I can't make a specific recommendation. Generally speaking, though, your handlebar should be of a shape and position that allows you to grasp it with as straight a wrist as possible. I think it's also helpful to be able to use different hand positions, on the tops to the brake hoods, and on the drops. Strain occurs when wrists are forced into weak positions under stress and for extended periods of time.

As for myself, my favorite bar, a Reynolds "traditional" bend, is fairly flat and square on top with non-ergonomic drops. The flat top and constantly curved drops give me a variety of positions whether I'm sitting high for climbing or on the drops driving into the wind or diving into a canyon.

Yeah the gas price does affect how much people bike. The cost of a basic bike can go a long way instead of dumping money in the car on gas. You just feel better too. Traffic can be stressful. $4.39 a gallon is robbery. Not sure where these people get their numbers from but in case they didn't know it that is high. Modern slavery ah how clueless the world is. Pay and do as everyone else does. The bike is freedom.

I noticed a lot of bikers around in Massachusetts too! We love on a biker friendly road route so we are seeing more and more every year.

JSWin said:
Yeah the gas price does affect how much people bike. The cost of a basic bike can go a long way instead of dumping money in the car on gas. You just feel better too. Traffic can be stressful. $4.39 a gallon is robbery. Not sure where these people get their numbers from but in case they didn't know it that is high. Modern slavery ah how clueless the world is. Pay and do as everyone else does. The bike is freedom.
Dusting off the old stuff again?

Spring is starting where I live so I'm starting to see a lot more cyclists on my commute in the morning. I started as a summer commuter myself. I hope they stick throughout the year :)