LENT : What are you doing for Lent

limerickman said:
However Zapper took up the running and went off on a rant about how WEBER carburetors were useless and posting his usual ill informed stuff.
you have to understand that Zapper is an expert in EVERYTHING...you name it, gas grills, carburetors, ****** real estate, world climate....no matter what subject someone posts about, there is Zapper shouting the odds telling us all how it works and functions...without him we'll all be sitting about farting in the dark...

MountainPro said:
you have to understand that Zapper is an expert in EVERYTHING...you name it, gas grills, carburetors, ****** real estate, world climate....no matter what subject someone posts about, there is Zapper shouting the odds telling us all how it works and functions...without him we'll all be sitting about farting in the dark...

I know, he's Ted Baxter/Johnny Carson/Donald Trump, all rolled in to
one (ball of shite).

I expect to see him at the Vatican window one day, giving his blessing to the world on his election as Pope.

limerickman said:
That's what I was trying to point out to the navel gazers here.

Instead they talk about BBQ gas grill STOVES !

Don't you know, NEWSPEAK, only gives them limited information.
No it's not what you were trying to point out. You understand Weber to mean carbs. Squirmy meant it as BBQ grill. You misunderstood and called him an idiot. It's a difference and one that is not a big deal. Get over it.

We talk about BBQ because that's what it immmediately means to us over here. You can't take it out of context. You should be man enough to admit you made a simple mistake and let it go. Believe it or not there is a world outside of the "Empire".

FredC said:
We proper people here BBQ with charcoal, and have a piped in domestic gas supply for other facilities. Butagas bottles have their place for the Hillibillies who live in the sticks, campervans, and mobile/static homes.
Talking of houses and real estate, every house in our road would cost you about $900.000, which is quite cheap in comparison to some of the slums around here in plush Surrey.
Sorry Fred I'm not too impressed. BTW my grill enclosed with quartz countertop (was going with granite but although quarts cost more its worth it as it isn’t pourus like granite.) It is has a direct feed to a large propane source which is connected to my gaspak which heats zone one of my home. I utilize heat pumps to heat and cool zones 2 and 3. Anway, we could go on and on about my home is bigger, more expensive etc that yours but means very little unless one is trying to make a point. You have made no point here except express a desire to share your little anecdotal story. So, here’s mine…My house in the country right at 4,000 sqft plus 3 car garage is currently appraised at 566,000 which includes 4.53 acres of land. My brothers house on the other hand 7,644sqft on an acre of land in a nice neighborhood in Charlotte, NC…last appraised for 2.3 million. His neighbors include Rick Flair, Eric Davis(Ex Carolina Panthers corner back) L.L. cool J. and a myriad of lawyers, plastic surgeons etc…Obviously, I pay a penalty with my appraisal for living in the country. My closest neighbor farms cotton and soybeans and the other neighbor has a sheep farm. She is British by the way and seems to despise everyone else in the general area that she lives…go figure…But,…I like the peace and quiet. I can go out in my back yard and shoot my guns without being reported…Anyway, I have other relatives who own even nicer residences but what’s the point? Big deal…I drive an old ford F-150 and the wife drives BMW Z4 and a Ford Exployer…So what????
My wreck is an old 500 SEL Mercedes, it doesn't exactly run on fresh air either. It's cheaper to hire a taxi to get the groceries.
I’m not fond of Mercedes unless you want to lease one or trade it in every few years… Although the engines hold up well, the rest of the car falls apart after 5 years or it could be that we just lack enough qualified technicians… My parents had every one of their power windows replaced at least twice during a span of 6 years that they owned theirs….

I'm no motorhead but I found that when I hit a muffler box doing 80mph in the dark on a Motorway. The Ford that I was driving (with fuel injection) hit a barrier and cut out. This left me with no brakes or servo for the steering, somehow I managed to get to get out of the scrape without damage, probably due to having driven well over 1.000.000miles previously. I wasn't wearing a harness and the car was a write off. Even now, upon reflection I don't think that the automatic closedown system is a good idea. Any ideas?
Haven’t a clue…I’d ask lim….

MountainPro said:
you have to understand that Zapper is an expert in EVERYTHING...you name it, gas grills, carburetors, ******, real estate, world climate....no matter what subject someone posts about, there is Zapper shouting the odds telling us all how it works and functions...without him we'll all be sitting about farting in the dark...
Hey prozac, you left out the comma to the left of the (r) in "real estate" above...There, I fixed it..

MountainPro said:
you know lim, there shortened word 'carb' means Carburettor in the UK but means Carbohydrate in the US. It comes from the usual US obsession with food and obesity.

Weber, one of the biggest (if not the biggest) manufacturers of carbs. If someone mentioned that name to me i would immediately think of carbs and not gas grills.
BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE WEBER GAS GRILLS IN THE UK AND THAT'S OK!!!! THINK OF CARBS, IT'S NOT A PROBLEM, LET SOMEONE ELSE THINK OF F'n grills.
What if someone is not a car enthusiast? Are they going to "immediately think of carbs"? I doubt it. Quit playing with semantics.

Yeah carbs mean carbohydrates to a lot of people in the US and carburetors in the UK. SO what. As usual you take the LAMEST things and turn them into a U.S. vs. Euro debate. Maybe people over here are obese because they have enough teeth to be able to eat something more substantial than porridge.

birdman23 said:
BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE WEBER GAS GRILLS IN THE UK AND THAT'S OK!!!! THINK OF CARBS, IT'S NOT A PROBLEM, LET SOMEONE ELSE THINK OF F'n grills.
What if someone is not a car enthusiast? Are they going to "immediately think of carbs"? I doubt it. Quit playing with semantics.

Yeah carbs mean carbohydrates to a lot of people in the US and carburetors in the UK. SO what. As usual you take the LAMEST things and turn them into a U.S. vs. Euro debate. Maybe people over here are obese because they have enough teeth to be able to eat something more substantial than porridge.

Actually - it's your cronies that take on the USA V Rest of the World aspect to most topics here.

You've fallen in to that trap with your message above.

And by the way messages 105-107 completely contradict your version of
what happened too.

birdman23 said:
No it's not what you were trying to point out. You understand Weber to mean carbs. Squirmy meant it as BBQ grill. You misunderstood and called him an idiot. It's a difference and one that is not a big deal. Get over it.
He can't for he must have the last word. All I was doing was calling lim on his mistake for calling someone an idiot when in fact squirmy was correct. Lim's problem is that one minute you can have a reasonable debate with him and the next minute he puts on this other personality...It's like...He and FRED are one and the same???Both of them have duel personalities…interesting.

We talk about BBQ because that's what it immediately means to us over here. You can't take it out of context. You should be man enough to admit you made a simple mistake and let it go. Believe it or not there is a world outside of the "Empire".
This is correct. Unless you owned a triumph, mg, Volkswagen karman ghia, porche etc...You wouldn't immediately think of webber carbs... He is man enough to apologize for not answering a question but he will NEVER retract anything he has posted or apologize for it..Perhaps Fred will do it for him?? :confused:

birdman23 said:

man you talk a power of shite....pull you knickers up and shut up...

zapper said:
Hey prozac, you left out the comma to the left of the (r) in "real estate" above...There, I fixed it..
thank you Zap boy, what would we be doing without you wit and brains...?

zapper said:
He can't for he must have the last word. All I was doing was calling lim on his mistake for calling someone an idiot when in fact squirmy was correct. Lim's problem is that one minute you can have a reasonable debate with him and the next minute he puts on this other personality...It's like...He and FRED are one and the same???Both of them have duel personalities…interesting.

This is correct. Unless you owned a triumph, mg, Volkswagen karman ghia, porche etc...You wouldn't immediately think of webber carbs... He is man enough to apologize for not answering a question but he will NEVER retract anything he has posted or apologize for it..Perhaps Fred will do it for him?? :confused:

We've been over this old ground before - and really there isn't any real point in one saying this and the other side saying that.

I think that there is a lot of merit in Fred C's suggestion about setting down some ground rules.

Any takers ?

birdman23 said:

No, you have it all wrong..its hard to eat when you have your lips smacked a bagpipe 24/7... :p

zapper said:
No, you have it all wrong..its hard to eat when you have your lips smacked a bagpipe 24/7... :p

Obviously, there are no takers so.
At least there was an offer from this side of the pond - but as ever Zapper
resorts to insults.

limerickman said:
Actually - it's your cronies that take on the USA V Rest of the World aspect to most topics here.

You've fallen in to that trap with your message above.

And by the way messages 105-107 completely contradict your version of
what happened too.
No we just come to the defense when stupid comments are made. Like Mountain Pro's "carbs/obesity/grills/carburetors" argument. That was just plain retarded.

I did not fall in to the trap, I chose to go there. He wants to generalize America as obese well I can generalize the lack of dentistry over there. Either way it's juvenile on both of our parts and I am just trying to prove a point.

No I did not contridict myself, you just are too proud and stubborn to admit you made a simple mistake.

limerickman said:
resorts to insults.
Why would there be any takers??? Ok, here's one for ya,..Thall shall not call one an idiot when one makes a valid point and when one points out to someone that they spoke in error, one shall say "I'm sorry for mistakenly calling one an idiot as obviously one was unaware that weber made gas grills....???

or, how about not submitting any further posts containing verbage like "The jews" this or "the jews" that...It would be a start..You know not lumping in an entire people with your assumptions...Now you a fred talk about that one...k?

birdman23 said:
No we just come to the defense when stupid comments are made. Like Mountain Pro's "carbs/obesity/grills/carburetors" argument. That was just plain retarded.

I did not fall in to the trap, I chose to go there. He wants to generalize America as obese well I can generalize the lack of dentistry over there. Either way it's juvenile on both of our parts and I am just trying to prove a point.

No I did not contridict myself, you just are too proud and stubborn to admit you made a simple mistake.
In a word... BINGO!

limerickman said:
resorts to insults.
I'm all for having some ground rules so that we can all start acting like grown men and not school children who have to constanltly resort to "I know you are but what am I?" tactics. Face it folks people are passionate about their homelands and if people take cheap shots at another's country you can expect to get a face full of retaliation.

zapper said:
Why would there be any takers??? Ok, here's one for ya,..Thall shall not call one an idiot when one makes a valid point and when one points out to someone that they spoke in error, one shall say "I'm sorry for mistakenly calling one an idiot as obviously one was unaware that weber made gas grills....???

or, how about not submitting any further posts containing verbage like "The jews" this or "the jews" that...It would be a start..You know not lumping in an entire people with your assumptions...Now you a fred talk about that one...k?

Message 171 - I asked if anyone wanted to set rules.

The very next message - you once again insult MountainPro.
And now, you ask me to desist.

Bit rich, Zapper.

zapper said:
Who got your skirt in a bundle today?
LOL. I did Zap. Apparently I got the skirt in such a tight bundle it cut off all blood supply to the brain and impaired his mental capacity. All his brain was able to come up with was "...shut up..."

Damn, that really cut me to the core. I think I am leaving the forum never to return because Pro told me to shut up (sniffle).