LENT : What are you doing for Lent

limerickman said:
Message 171 and 172.
Message 173... Yes,

one minute between 171 and 172..= we posted at approximately the same time. Since the seconds aren't listed there is no way to prove otherwise. However, interesting that you msg 173 states there were no takers and that was only two minutes from your msg 171 with your "olive branch"...Not much time for folks to respond...Someone could have been n the pisser for alll you know and just becasue I didnt respond didn't mean others might not have... So...171 + 172 = 173!

As usual, you have no point...

birdman23 said:
Regarding shooting FredC, what are the gun laws over there now? Correct me if I am wrong but I think handguns are banned but can you guys still own shotguns and rifles?
Handguns are banned per se apart from some very rare circumstances which do not apply to the general public. There really is no need for handguns, and it invites a seven year jail sentence for possession. They are of no sporting value in general terms.
Shotguns, over and under, or traditional side by sides are legal in a two shot format. It is a criminal offence to shorten (saw off) the barrels, and multi shot (more than two shells) shotguns are also illegal.
The guns must be secured in a government approved gun safe rawbolted to the brickwork by eight 1/2" bolts and not obviously visible. This set up is regularly inspected by the Police Firearms Division, who issue and renew licences.
I have a nice old J.P. Sauer d/b 12 bore. 2 3/4". FC and 3/4 C. I always use 6's shells.
The others are a d/b side by side 20 bore. 3/4 and 1/2 Nice Holland model. 6's again.
The rifle is a .22 rimfire.Foxes, muntjacks etc
I used to shoot a .303 down at Bisley targets. Don't do that any more. Old age.
Getting a bit creaky these days.
I still have 800 acres to go at on my mates farm, which is bloody miles away.
Never mind. It beats golf anyday.
Punt guns for wildfowling come under the shotgun licence. Never done it, but I've potted a few with the 12 bore. Those guys are something else, hiding in the frost all night waiting for a morning flight that might not happen.
He'll be asking me shortly to live in the van to keep the pigeons off his peas. He pays for the shells (tax deductible). The government at one time used to provide the shell for free.

zapper said:
Message 173... Yes,

one minute between 171 and 172..= we posted at approximately the same time. Since the seconds aren't listed there is no way to prove otherwise. However, interesting that you msg 173 states there were no takers and that was only two minutes from your msg 171 with your "olive branch"...Not much time for folks to respond...Someone could have been n the pisser for alll you know and just becasue I didnt respond didn't mean others might not have... So...171 + 172 = 173!

As usual, you have no point...

Or maybe if you had taken the time to read my message !

Instead, you lost your temper and were intent on slagging off Pro, instead of reading each post on it's merits.

There's a novel thought.

FredC said:
Handguns are banned per se apart from some very rare circumstances which do not apply to the general public. There really is no need for handguns, and it invites a seven year jail sentence for possession. They are of no sporting value in general terms.
Shotguns, over and under, or traditional side by sides are legal in a two shot format. It is a criminal offence to shorten (saw off) the barrels, and multi shot (more than two shells) shotguns are also illegal.
The guns must be secured in a government approved gun safe rawbolted to the brickwork by eight 1/2" bolts and not obviously visible. This set up is regularly inspected by the Police Firearms Division, who issue and renew licences.
I have a nice old J.P. Sauer d/b 12 bore. 2 3/4". FC and 3/4 C. I always use 6's shells.
The others are a d/b side by side 20 bore. 3/4 and 1/2 Nice Holland model. 6's again.
The rifle is a .22 rimfire.Foxes, muntjacks etc
I used to shoot a .303 down at Bisley targets. Don't do that any more. Old age.
Getting a bit creaky these days.
I still have 800 acres to go at on my mates farm, which is bloody miles away.
Never mind. It beats golf anyday.
Punt guns for wildfowling come under the shotgun licence. Never done it, but I've potted a few with the 12 bore. Those guys are something else, hiding in the frost all night waiting for a morning flight that might not happen.
He'll be asking me shortly to live in the van to keep the pigeons off his peas. He pays for the shells (tax deductible). The government at one time used to provide the shell for free.
Thanks for the info. That is really interesting. What about handguns for self-defense? Is that completely banned? I almost always carry a pistol when I am out hunting here even if I have a rifle or shotgun. Too many bears and mountain lions where I hunt to not be prepared.

birdman23 said:
No we just come to the defense when stupid comments are made. Like Mountain Pro's "carbs/obesity/grills/carburetors" argument. That was just plain retarded.

I did not fall in to the trap, I chose to go there. He wants to generalize America as obese well I can generalize the lack of dentistry over there. Either way it's juvenile on both of our parts and I am just trying to prove a point.

No I did not contridict myself, you just are too proud and stubborn to admit you made a simple mistake.
the difference is bird brain, you talk about british stereotypes, i talk about american realities.

you always say i make everything into a US/EU debate, this thread (and many like it) is populated by anti-european bigots...i simply tried to clarify the point about the differences in our language over the carb issue and you start taking the defensive....very childish.

MountainPro said:
the difference is bird brain, you talk about british stereotypes, i talk about american realities.

you always say i make everything into a US/EU debate, this thread (and many like it) is populated by anti-european bigots...i simply tried to clarify the point about the differences in our language over the carb issue and you start taking the defensive....very childish.
No you are not trying to clarify. You are trying to provoke and antogonize and you know it.

American realities? All Americans are obese? That is a stereotype nimrod. You are guilty of the same offense. Yeah there are a lot of fat people here and frankly it irritates me. People need to exercise more and eat less that is for sure but that doesn't apply to all Americans just like not all British have bad teeth. Stereotypes don't apply and the only reason I bring them up is because others do. I do it to prove a point. You seem to do it out of ignorance.

birdman23 said:
Thanks for the info. That is really interesting. What about handguns for self-defense? Is that completely banned? I almost always carry a pistol when I am out hunting here even if I have a rifle or shotgun. Too many bears and mountain lions where I hunt to not be prepared.
Handguns for self defence here is a non starter, and has never been needed socially, even though I think that it is enshrined in the US constitution.
Here handgun crime is basically related to black on black situations normally with an aspect to drug dealing.
The carrying of handguns and their use serves no purpose to the general public.
As I mentioned previously seven years in prison is a long time.
Well we dont have bears or mountain lions here, but in my opinion a handgun wouldn't be much use. I would prefer a 12 bore to head to blind the beast.
The same sitution would also apply to wild boar.
In effect, I know the Gun Lobby is strong in the USA, but that ancient concept should be incrementially changed to fit a modern day society.

FredC said:
Handguns for self defence here is a non starter, and has never been needed socially, even though I think that it is enshrined in the US constitution.
Here handgun crime is basically related to black on black situations normally with an aspect to drug dealing.
The carrying of handguns and their use serves no purpose to the general public.
As I mentioned previously seven years in prison is a long time.
Well we dont have bears or mountain lions here, but in my opinion a handgun wouldn't be much use. I would prefer a 12 bore to head to blind the beast.
The same sitution would also apply to wild boar.
In effect, I know the Gun Lobby is strong in the USA, but that ancient concept should be incrementially changed to fit a modern day society.
A .44 magnum is actually quite effective against large predators and in a life threatening situation sometimes it is the only option. I knowa guy who was attacked by a mountain lion. It pinned him to the ground. The only thing that saved his butt was the pistol he was carrying. He was able to use his free hand to get his pistol out and shoot the beast in the chest unfortunately the bullet passed clean through and caught him in the other hand. But he isn't dead.

Unfortunately until all members of society agree to live by a higher standard there will always be a need for weapons in my opinion. If someone enters my home with malicious intent when I, my wife, or children are present that person is going to suffer the consequences.

birdman23 said:
. You seem to do it out of ignorance.
tis not ignorance my friend,

brits have bad teeth? i can assure you that our dental hygiene is no worse and in fact is probably better that you folks in merkia....if we spin the tables, can you be so sure that you lot have a better diet and take more exercise that us brits?..no, i didnt think so.

no matter....i am not here for an argument...

MountainPro said:
tis not ignorance my friend,

brits have bad teeth? i can assure you that our dental hygiene is no worse and in fact is probably better that you folks in merkia....if we spin the tables, can you be so sure that you lot have a better diet and take more exercise that us brits?..no, i didnt think so.

no matter....i am not here for an argument...
I know all Brits don't have bad teeth. It's just a stupid generalization. I saw my fair share of bad teeth here in the states when I lived in Detroit.

As far as being here for argument is concerned neither am I. Check out my last post on the Sick of the THey knew the risk thread. I am going to find threads about cycling, something we all love and that is the reason we are all here. If nothing else everyone here is pretty damn cool because of our passion for cycling regardless of our nationalistic tendencies.

zapper said:
No, indeed you show signs that your lunch money was stolen on many occasions...
Wrong. Lunch is paid for on a debit bank draft system.

birdman23 said:
A .44 magnum is actually quite effective against large predators and in a life threatening situation sometimes it is the only option. I knowa guy who was attacked by a mountain lion. It pinned him to the ground. The only thing that saved his butt was the pistol he was carrying. He was able to use his free hand to get his pistol out and shoot the beast in the chest unfortunately the bullet passed clean through and caught him in the other hand. But he isn't dead.

Unfortunately until all members of society agree to live by a higher standard there will always be a need for weapons in my opinion. If someone enters my home with malicious intent when I, my wife, or children are present that person is going to suffer the consequences.
I didn't mention it before, but I did have a bash with a .44 with my pal who was 2 Para at the Mayfair gun club in London. It's a bloody ridiculous bit of metal. Surely a H&K MP5 is much better?
A reassessment of the gunlaws is what's needed.

limerickman said:
Squirmy Irish - Squirmy Returns - William Henry.
That particular entity posts under many assumed names.
Bikerman has been very quiet lately - ahem, no messages posted as Bikerman
anyhow, ahem.

You're on the right track Fred
Let me get this straight...You wouldn't pm me for you didn't want to put someone’s identity out there yet you post this **** trying to hint that bikerman is squirmy??? Oh, brother you are sick now. I could believe that birdman and bikerman were the same for they are both similar but bikerman being squirmy???

Gee, you tried to act as though you didn't want to "out" someone yet you falsely post this??? Just what have you been smoking?

zapper said:
Now...but not when you and lemmy went to school...
When I went school a long time ago dinners were always paid for up front on a ticket system. You could buy as many tickets as you liked first thing Monday morning. That eliminated what might have been a problem. All schools in Manchester used this system. Tickets were not dated, therefore they could used at anytime. Poor kids got free meals, like single parent families whose fathers were killed in the War.

FredC said:
When I went school a long time ago dinners were always paid for up front on a ticket system. You could buy as many tickets as you liked first thing Monday morning. That eliminated what might have been a problem. All schools in Manchester used this system. Tickets were not dated, therefore they could used at anytime. Poor kids got free meals, like single parent families whose fathers were killed in the War.
When I attended public school only the poor kids had tickets and they were issued monthly I think..I don't remember. I do remember the tickets being punched....The rest of us had to pay for our lunches. Now these days, the poor still eat for free but the rest of the kids have a pin number with an account. They simply enter their pin number as they exit the line and their lunch is paid for...

zapper said:
Let me get this straight...You wouldn't pm me for you didn't want to put someone’s identity out there yet you post this **** trying to hint that bikerman is squirmy??? Oh, brother you are sick now. I could believe that birdman and bikerman were the same for they are both similar but bikerman being squirmy???

Gee, you tried to act as though you didn't want to "out" someone yet you falsely post this??? Just what have you been smoking?
I've got my own opinion on this, and it's nothing to do with Lim. I know he doesn't agree with exposure. Last year we had a lot of trouble with a guy called PGM, and everyone had had just about enough. Without going into detail I traced him to his old club in Liverpool. Between BRF, Lim, and myself we know just about every rider that made a mark. I made a few few phone calls to my old pals and we decided that it could only be one person. So I, and someone else found his domestic details in Estepona in Spain. I warned him, he didn't stop, because he didn't believe me. So I put the lot up on the board including his telephone number.
Lim went bananas with me, calling me allsorts of nasty things.
On the other hand I got nice e-mails from many members who actually know who I am, and the Anon posters began to **** themselves because the might be next in the firing line. Then they started a vendetta to get me removed but it didn't work, as it suited the bosses and commentators that I remain in place. I'm on excellent terms with them all, but the idiots don't know this. I'm expecting more of the same this season.
As I said, I don't think that on past evidence Lim would directly expose, but I bloody well would if it was serious enough to warrant it.
I know a lot of things that will be going on this season, but I daren't expose them. Even Thinddie Thongy wouldn't have a chance. Gaby Logan might even with all her clothes on.

zapper said:

So what would be the point of Birdman and Bikerman being one and the same person as you point out they are indeed similar. It would serve no purpose.

FredC said:
I've got my own opinion on this, and it's nothing to do with Lim. I know he doesn't agree with exposure. Last year we had a lot of trouble with a guy called PGM, and everyone had had just about enough. Without going into detail I traced him to his old club in Liverpool. Between BRF, Lim, and myself we know just about every rider that made a mark. I made a few few phone calls to my old pals and we decided that it could only be one person. So I, and someone else found his domestic details in Estepona in Spain. I warned him, he didn't stop, because he didn't believe me. So I put the lot up on the board including his telephone number.
Lim went bananas with me, calling me allsorts of nasty things.
On the other hand I got nice e-mails from many members who actually know who I am, and the Anon posters began to **** themselves because the might be next in the firing line. Then they started a vendetta to get me removed but it didn't work, as it suited the bosses and commentators that I remain in place. I'm on excellent terms with them all, but the idiots don't know this. I'm expecting more of the same this season.
As I said, I don't think that on past evidence Lim would directly expose, but I bloody well would if it was serious enough to warrant it.
I know a lot of things that will be going on this season, but I daren't expose them. Even Thinddie Thongy wouldn't have a chance. Gaby Logan might even with all her clothes on.
I understand everything you are saying here but...lim in his post, laid out a major hint...did he not? So, after reading what you just posted here and listening to lim go on and on about not exposing anyone yet, he just reaches down and throws a name out there that can't be farther from the truth???