Lightfoot Ranger - Opinions

Ken Huizenga

Guest
Does anyone have experience with the Lightfoot Ranger? I am 6'3" and 245 pounds and plan to do
loaded touring. After reviewing the specs, etc. I get the impression that the Ranger would be a very
solid bike for heavy duty touring. It also looks to have a pretty comfortable upright riding postion
and a lot of adjustability in the seat, steering ,etc.

Whatcha think?

Ken: I haven't ridden one :( , but it looks like a GREAT bike! RCN did a fairly recent review of
this bike and gave it very high marks. If I had loads of cash to invest in yet another bent, the
Ranger would be on a pretty short list (the others being Longbikes Slipstream and Easy Racers
Tour Easy or similar model). My wife and I are planning a multi-state tour this summer and hope
to pass through Lightfoot's Montana location. I'm shooting for some test drives! By all accounts,
you won't be sorry, especially being a bigger rider. If I were you, I'd go with the disk brake
option. My $.02.

Good luck! Scott

"Ken Huizenga" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Does anyone have experience with the Lightfoot Ranger? I am 6'3" and 245 pounds and plan to do
> loaded touring. After reviewing the specs, etc. I get the impression that the Ranger would be a
> very solid bike for heavy duty touring. It also looks to have a pretty comfortable upright riding
> postion and a lot of adjustability in the seat, steering ,etc.
>
> Whatcha think?

Even with S&S couplers, I think this thing would be large. I don't think it would be airline legal.
If you can forego the airline test, you have _lots_ of options. Tour Easys, Rans Stratus, etc. all
of which would be suitable for touring.

John Riley