My feet's too big

procerus

Feb 9, 2004
I've only ever used stiff soled shoes with toe clips and straps before. Now I want to use Look pedals. I've got the pedals and cleats already. Now I need the shoes.

My problem is that I wear an English size 13 (or slightly bigger according to manufacturer/fit) which is a US size 14 plus. I've tried several size 48 (European) cycling shoes and they've all been too small.

Can anyone recommend a brand of cycling shoe that comes in larger sizes?

Thanks in anticipation.

Matt

Originally posted by procerus
I've only ever used stiff soled shoes with toe clips and straps before. Now I want to use Look pedals. I've got the pedals and cleats already. Now I need the shoes.

My problem is that I wear an English size 13 (or slightly bigger according to manufacturer/fit) which is a US size 14 plus. I've tried several size 48 (European) cycling shoes and they've all been too small.

Thanks in anticipation.

Matt

I wear US size 12D. I found the Northwave Evolution fit me the best. I have seen others mention Northwave as a good choice for large and wide feet. I assume other less expensive Northwave models would work too. Good luck.

Originally posted by procerus

Thanks in anticipation.

Matt

I wear a size 12/13 us, I like my Diadora Picante (mtb shoe), they fit big, I forget the size I have....

Lake makes a standard and a WIDE shoe, with broad size range. I had hot spots until I switched to a Lake shoe in wide. SPD-SL cleats work well with Lake, but you'll need longer cleat bolts than come standard with Shimano pedals. Many LBS carry longer bolts for MTB cleats that will work.