Rednecks / hillbilly's can be pretty nice people

Just A User

Guest
When you are not riding. I am on vacation this week, camping out,
getting is some ride in different areas. They are generally nice people
when you meet them other than out riding. I just had a nice little
conversation with one. I mean he was the type i would expect to yell
some ignorant comment out the window of his pickup, but to talk to him
face to face is something different.

Just A User wrote:
> When you are not riding. I am on vacation this week, camping out,
> getting is some ride in different areas. They are generally nice
> people when you meet them other than out riding. I just had a nice
> little conversation with one. I mean he was the type i would expect
> to yell some ignorant comment out the window of his pickup, but to
> talk to him face to face is something different.

But, how did you know they were rednecks?
How many of these did they pass?
http://www.fortogden.com/foredneck.html

In article <[email protected]>,
Just A User <[email protected]> writes:
> When you are not riding. I am on vacation this week, camping out,
> getting is some ride in different areas. They are generally nice people
> when you meet them other than out riding. I just had a nice little
> conversation with one. I mean he was the type i would expect to yell
> some ignorant comment out the window of his pickup, but to talk to him
> face to face is something different.

IME /everybody/ is pretty much nice people.
Especially when approached with the common courtesy and
respect due one's fellow Earthlings.

It's the same all over the world.
Ain't it a wonderment?

But I hear ya about the "other than riding" part.
When encountering a cyclist on the road or street,
too many drivers see the bicycle, but not the (human)
rider on it. I've noticed how on rec.autos.driving the
posters refer to "bicycles", while on rec.bicycles.misc
the posters refer to "cyclists" or "riders."

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Tom Keats wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Just A User <[email protected]> writes:
>> When you are not riding. I am on vacation this week, camping out,
>> getting is some ride in different areas. They are generally nice people
>> when you meet them other than out riding. I just had a nice little
>> conversation with one. I mean he was the type i would expect to yell
>> some ignorant comment out the window of his pickup, but to talk to him
>> face to face is something different.

> IME /everybody/ is pretty much nice people.
> Especially when approached with the common courtesy and
> respect due one's fellow Earthlings.
>
> It's the same all over the world.
> Ain't it a wonderment?
>
> But I hear ya about the "other than riding" part.
> When encountering a cyclist on the road or street,
> too many drivers see the bicycle, but not the (human)
> rider on it. I've noticed how on rec.autos.driving the
> posters refer to "bicycles", while on rec.bicycles.misc
> the posters refer to "cyclists" or "riders."
>

> cheers,
> Tom

Tom I generally like rednecks, except when riding. I get tired of the
"You ought to think about getting a car." comments. They get kind of old
after a bit. I mean really. I have a car too!

In article <[email protected]>,
Just A User <[email protected]> writes:
> Tom Keats wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Just A User <[email protected]> writes:
>>> When you are not riding. I am on vacation this week, camping out,
>>> getting is some ride in different areas. They are generally nice people
>>> when you meet them other than out riding. I just had a nice little
>>> conversation with one. I mean he was the type i would expect to yell
>>> some ignorant comment out the window of his pickup, but to talk to him
>>> face to face is something different.

>> IME /everybody/ is pretty much nice people.
>> Especially when approached with the common courtesy and
>> respect due one's fellow Earthlings.
>>
>> It's the same all over the world.
>> Ain't it a wonderment?
>>
>> But I hear ya about the "other than riding" part.
>> When encountering a cyclist on the road or street,
>> too many drivers see the bicycle, but not the (human)
>> rider on it. I've noticed how on rec.autos.driving the
>> posters refer to "bicycles", while on rec.bicycles.misc
>> the posters refer to "cyclists" or "riders."
>>

>> cheers,
>> Tom
>>

> Tom I generally like rednecks, except when riding. I get tired of the
> "You ought to think about getting a car." comments. They get kind of old
> after a bit. I mean really. I have a car too!

Tell 'em back to get an electric toothbrush.

I downright refuse to drive, and always have.

I get lots 'n lots of people nagging at me about
how I ought to think about getting a car.
I politely say: "Okay, I'll consider it." And
then I quietly return to pondering about the
shapely human female form, and other natural
beauties.

You ought to think about getting rid of your car ;-)

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

news:[email protected]...

I think that's the point of this website: http://www.andwebike.com/

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Claire ,, Peter .. Sky

I thought everyone in your area was a granola eating, save the earth, save
the whale, save the Volvo, ..

Bicycle loving bumper sticker wearing, nature loving ...

Happy cyclist.

I'm bummed.

In my neck of the woods, I figure they are all out to get me!

It is WAR.

Time to go and shoot at a few trucks.

===============================

Sir Thomas of Cannondale wrote:
> Claire ,, Peter .. Sky
>
> I thought everyone in your area was a granola eating, save the earth, save
> the whale, save the Volvo, ..
>
> Bicycle loving bumper sticker wearing, nature loving ...

I'm no expert on the history of the Seattle area, but I believe,
not that long ago really, it was the great frontier with most
revenue coming from logging and fishing, with a little aerospace
tossed-in after World War II. The area historically is lot more
blue collar than it gets credit for now.

Dana

On Sep 29, 6:06 pm, Just A User <[email protected]> wrote:
> When you are not riding. I am on vacation this week, camping out,
> getting is some ride in different areas. They are generally nice people
> when you meet them other than out riding. I just had a nice little
> conversation with one. I mean he was the type i would expect to yell
> some ignorant comment out the window of his pickup, but to talk to him
> face to face is something different.

That's nothing--did you know that the great fat head discovered last
week that black people eat in restaurants like white people with
cutlery and don't say things like, "get me some more mutherf*ckin' ice
tea, yo!". I can't believe it--he said they were like the Italians,
but a little different. Black folks are the new Italians? O Sole Mio!

In article <RaPLi.394$R%1.99@trndny06>,
"Sir Thomas of Cannondale" <[email protected]> writes:

> I thought everyone in your area was a granola eating, save the earth, save
> the whale, save the Volvo, ..
>
> Bicycle loving bumper sticker wearing, nature loving ...
>
> Happy cyclist.
>
> I'm bummed.

So much for stereotypes (like "redneck" and "hillbilly"
and "granola eating, save the whale, save the Volvo ...")

Maybe whale oil would make a good alternative fuel.
Don't have to kill natural whales -- just clone 'em.
Don't even have to grow entire cloned whales -- just
the necessary parts.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

"landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sep 29, 6:06 pm, Just A User <[email protected]> wrote:
>> When you are not riding. I am on vacation this week, camping out,
>> getting is some ride in different areas. They are generally nice people
>> when you meet them other than out riding. I just had a nice little
>> conversation with one. I mean he was the type i would expect to yell
>> some ignorant comment out the window of his pickup, but to talk to him
>> face to face is something different.

> That's nothing--did you know that the great fat head discovered last
> week that black people eat in restaurants like white people with
> cutlery and don't say things like, "get me some more mutherf*ckin' ice
> tea, yo!". I can't believe it--he said they were like the Italians,
> but a little different. Black folks are the new Italians? O Sole Mio!

Fat Head ?? As in Bill O'Reilly?

The guy who actually took time to "talk" about race on tv? That guy?

I watch a little of every cable show. I like Joe in the am, Bill in the Pm,
Larry, on and on.

While I do find Bill in the pm somewhat annoying, on the restaurant story he
was taken out of context.

What I remember about the segment was that he was ranting that white America
think all of Black America is
living the hip hop lifestyle. His comment was that when he and his friend
Al Sharpton visited the restaurant it was not
a hip hop kind of place, in fact it was just like any other restaurant in
the USA.

Before you call someone a racist, you should admit your own "prejudice"
toward the FOX network.

And another point; when the likes of Joe in the morning {U of Alabama
grad} and Mika {the graduate of the Madira School and Williams College} and
Willie Geist {Vanderbilt U} start calling Bill O'Rielly a racist it is sooo
laughable.

Three white kids, who went to almost 100% white colleges, who were brought
up in a nice white comfortable household.

What a joke.

Sir Thomas of Cannondale wrote:
> "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Sep 29, 6:06 pm, Just A User <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> When you are not riding. I am on vacation this week, camping out,
>>> getting is some ride in different areas. They are generally nice
>>> people when you meet them other than out riding. I just had a nice
>>> little conversation with one. I mean he was the type i would expect
>>> to yell some ignorant comment out the window of his pickup, but to
>>> talk to him face to face is something different.

>> That's nothing--did you know that the great fat head discovered last
>> week that black people eat in restaurants like white people with
>> cutlery and don't say things like, "get me some more mutherf*ckin'
>> ice tea, yo!". I can't believe it--he said they were like the
>> Italians, but a little different. Black folks are the new Italians?
>> O Sole Mio!

> Fat Head ?? As in Bill O'Reilly?
>
> The guy who actually took time to "talk" about race on tv? That guy?
>
> I watch a little of every cable show. I like Joe in the am, Bill in
> the Pm, Larry, on and on.
>
> While I do find Bill in the pm somewhat annoying, on the restaurant
> story he was taken out of context.
>
> What I remember about the segment was that he was ranting that white
> America think all of Black America is
> living the hip hop lifestyle. His comment was that when he and his
> friend Al Sharpton visited the restaurant it was not
> a hip hop kind of place, in fact it was just like any other
> restaurant in the USA.
>
> Before you call someone a racist, you should admit your own
> "prejudice" toward the FOX network.

Typical land rat. The man O'Reilly was HAVING THE DISCUSSION WITH -- Juan
Williams, an African American -- has completely defended what was said and
decried its deliberate misrepresentation. First by the vile Media Matters
(But The Truth Doesn't), then by MSNBC and CNN (more than the usual
laziness; this was agenda-driven).

So then the attack turned to Williams, using terms (like "Polite Negro" or
something similar to /really/ say Uncle Tom) that would get anyone but these
racist hypocrits fired in a heartbeat.

Pathetic times... BS

Just A User wrote:
> some ignorant comment out the window of his pickup, but to talk to
> him face to face is something different.

It's what I call, the 'Jekly and Hyde' syndrome. People are always
nice face to face. It is when they can evade accountability that
their true vicouse colors shine. At my office, all my co-workers are
polite, courteous and responsible. As soon as they drive off the
parking lot, they turn into aggressive and distracted drivers. So go
figure..