Pretty In Pink Ride (join In With Your Mileage If Any) 10/11/15

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
35 on the tandem with Gina and friends Aimee and Jose. Nice 16.4 average. Much better than yesterday's bike bake ha ha! It was only and average of 91 today compared to yesterday's 103. Aimee hasn't been on the bike for 5 week snow so it gave us a reason to keep the pace down. Thank goodness cause we were fried from yesterday but we can point the blame at Aimee.

Plus Aimee spend her vacation in Sweden and being the sweet thing that she is bought back a pair of Assos shorts for Gina, straight from Sweden! So we couldn't drop her. OK really, I don't think we could have today!

So I did wear my "Pretty in Pink" jersey today. Ran across a few riders I know very well. A couple pointed out the jersey while a few others didn't recognize me being too focused on the pink ha ha! Few seconds later they'd say, "oh hey!".

Well I might have mentioned I have 2 really close cousins that are cancer survivors, both beautiful women. Plus my family is real big into the Relay For Life Cancer Walks and have raised over $60,000 for the society. Who knows, I got a couple strange looks wearing the pink but F 'em, this is for my family!

101115D_zpsyka5mg6c.jpg

101115A_zpsxfqoonyi.jpg

101115B_zps70o2tngo.jpg

101115C_zpsoiugu6lk.jpg

Reactions: BobCochran
I did 30.41 miles today and 11.46 miles yesterday, but not wearing pink. I was wearing yellow today. Actually yellow and black: black base layer, black leg warmers, black shorts and shoes, and yellow jersey.

I am sympathetic to why you ride with pink: some of my family members have died of various cancers. Cancers of various unpleasant sorts run in my mother's family a lot. No survivors. I sure do understand.

Bob

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
BobCochran said:
I did 30.41 miles today and 11.46 miles yesterday, but not wearing pink. I was wearing yellow today. Actually yellow and black: black base layer, black leg warmers, black shorts and shoes, and yellow jersey.

I am sympathetic to why you ride with pink: some of my family members have died of various cancers. Cancers of various unpleasant sorts run in my mother's family a lot. No survivors. I sure do understand.

Bob

I saw a cyclist last week wearing one pink sock. I just thought he was strange and mentioned it to Gina. She said well it's cancer awareness month. So that's when I said heck, get me a jersey! ;)

Only $49 online. Very well built and nice. Much nicer than some special order I did on a forum couple years back. $80 each! I can tell it's better quality.

Few other decent colors. B)

https://www.corbah.com/category/collection/solid

Mr. Beanz,

What does Corbah mean when they specify "club cut" for a jersey? I wonder what "Euro cut" means, too. I also wonder what "140 GSM fabric" means.

Thanks a ton

Bob

I realize I'm a bit of a color contrast, and remember I'm a sadly inexperienced cycling person...but here I am today, on my ride to the Patuxent Research Refuge. I met a few other cylists there, it seems a popular cycling stop. I forgot to use arm warmers and shivered a bit in my arms, but was just fine.

at_patuxent_research_refuge_2015-10-11_small.jpg

Bob

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Club cut is more relaxed roomier fitting vs euro cut like the professional racers wear. Tight fitting to reduce wind drag for better aerodynamics. European cut and sizing are usually running small. A 2xl euro cut is like a small on me. The pink jersey is supposed to be club cut but i think its in between as most the jerseys I wear are club cut but looser than the pink one.

See the difference, one snug and the other relaxed.

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 16
This member fsfsdfasf is a spammer who should be banned from the forums. The posting about Google Sniper is not appreciated by me. It subverts the purpose of a high quality thread. All posts by this person should be deleted by the moderators.

Thanks

Bob

BobCochran said:
This member fsfsdfasf is a spammer who should be banned from the forums. The posting about Google Sniper is not appreciated by me. It subverts the purpose of a high quality thread. All posts by this person should be deleted by the moderators.

Thanks

Bob
I've already reported several posts of his in my bike threads, they have been deleted. Problem is the spammer keeps returning under different names so I'm sure the mods can't keep up with the moron. :angry: