Road rides around North Fitzroy?

Bleve said:
Learn Japanese then! Soft ******* ... next you'll be telling some lame
story about being hit by a car or something so you can't race this
w'end!

btw, anything interesting to report from the BV council? Regular
meetings? What happens? As a constituent, I'd like to be informed!

meh. eldest starts learning it next year. she can translate next time...

Had one prelim meeting to 'initiate' the new board members.
Basically get told 'everything' about BV, from dept heads. A shiteload more than i was expecting and left with head spinning, and a dang big/heavy folder full a info. Not trying to upsell here,
but first impressions were of changing/on-improve org and good things
on horizon in next 1-2 years. wait n see i guess.
First meeting soon (Nov one never on due to GVBR).
keep you informed (as much as Im allowed. confidentiality 'n' all that...)

> Well, beach road is good when you have been off your bike for a while
> and want to ease your way into it. That is what I had planned. :) I am
> just so stoked that I can actually ride my bike and not end up in pain
> from it. Who hoo. F*ck Time.
>
> Kilby rd? I am lost.
>
>

I'm a bit that way at the moment. I had some form of flu and then gout of
all things. Back on the boke for the forst time in ages yesterday for the
commute to work. It felt really good, even if it does mean that I miss out
on my public transport reading time.

flyingdutch said:
meh. eldest starts learning it next year. she can translate next time...

Had one prelim meeting to 'initiate' the new board members.
Basically get told 'everything' about BV, from dept heads. A shiteload more than i was expecting and left with head spinning, and a dang big/heavy folder full a info. Not trying to upsell here,
but first impressions were of changing/on-improve org and good things
on horizon in next 1-2 years. wait n see i guess.
First meeting soon (Nov one never on due to GVBR).
keep you informed (as much as Im allowed. confidentiality 'n' all that...)
So now that you've joined they're OK? As previously discussed, I'm not impressed with their direction since they left Nth Melbourne, so if it's more of the same they'll lose more real riders and gain some weekend riders...

Shabby said:
So now that you've joined they're OK? As previously discussed, I'm not impressed with their direction since they left Nth Melbourne, so if it's more of the same they'll lose more real riders and gain some weekend riders...

'no comment' :D

'real riders' had to start somewhere... :rolleyes:

531Aussie said:
If you want some competition, as the other person said, I suggest doing the "Tour de Burbs" which goes through the Blvd at ~6:50 (call Richmond Cyclery to confirm the time), then onto to Doncaster and back to the Yarra Blvd via Bulleen, etc. The good thing about this ride is that they wait at about 4 spots for the slower riders.
ooops!! Forgot the day: Thursday, and it's 6:50p.m. :)

531Aussie said:
ooops!! Forgot the day: Thursday, and it's 6:50p.m. :)
Where does it start? How long is the ride? Could be something for me tomorrow morning if I can get my s*rry ass out of bed early enough.

Claes said:
Where does it start? How long is the ride? Could be something for me tomorrow morning if I can get my s*rry ass out of bed early enough.
it's an evening ride

""ALPINE TOUR OF THE SUBURBS": Leaves 6.30pm Thursdays from SBR (Punt Rd near St Kilda Junction). The bunch heads north along Chapel St and on to Yarra Boulevard. Some riders congregate on Yarra Blvd under Studley Park Rd around 6:50pm to jump on when the bunch comes past. Travel out into the suburban hills via Kew, Balwyn and Doncaster, then back via Heidelberg, where several laps of the challenging "Col du Burgundy St" hill are undertaken. Return back through Ivanhoe and Yarra Boulevard once again t."

I think it's roughly 40km from the start of the Blvd, out and back to the top of Church St. It's as hard as you wanna make it: some guys go flat out, and others just go about 3/4 pace up the hills. The pace doesn't really hot up until they get over the Eastern Freeway, which is the start of the first hill up to Doncaster Shopping Town

531Aussie said:
it's an evening ride

""ALPINE TOUR OF THE SUBURBS": Leaves 6.30pm Thursdays from SBR (Punt Rd near St Kilda Junction). The bunch heads north along Chapel St and on to Yarra Boulevard. Some riders congregate on Yarra Blvd under Studley Park Rd around 6:50pm to jump on when the bunch comes past. Travel out into the suburban hills via Kew, Balwyn and Doncaster, then back via Heidelberg, where several laps of the challenging "Col du Burgundy St" hill are undertaken. Return back through Ivanhoe and Yarra Boulevard once again t."

I think it's roughly 40km from the start of the Blvd, out and back to the top of Church St. It's as hard as you wanna make it: some guys go flat out, and others just go about 3/4 pace up the hills.
Ah, then it is not something I wanna do as my second ride in so many months I can not remember. Thanx anyway, sounds like a great evening ride though. I decided not to play baseball on thursdays, now I have a good reason to not sit home. :)

Claes said:
Ah, then it is not something I wanna do as my second ride in so many months I can not remember :)
no, probably not; it can get pretty hard some nights

Claes said:
Ah, then it is not something I wanna do as my second ride in so many months I can not remember. Thanx anyway, sounds like a great evening ride though. I decided not to play baseball on thursdays, now I have a good reason to not sit home. :)

you play baseball?

flyingdutch said:
you play baseball?
Not anymore. :) No, I have played softball in Ireland, slowpitch, for three years on higish irish level.
Just got involved in Softball here, slowpitch, which has funny rules, no slides, no tags no nothing. So, I went down and checked out baseball, wanted more "competetiveness", but decided to stick with the soft softball here, once a week, then gym and cycle.

You have played a lot of baseball ASFAIK, that is how you have messed up your shoulder, not talking about the one you broke. :)