Schraeder Valve Details

Bob Chambers

Guest
I need to machine up a Schraeder Tyre valve - does anyone have the detailed dimensions and thread
forms If so could they e-mail me?

--
Bob Chambers

"Bob Chambers" <bobatchasedotapanadotorgdotau> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I need to machine up a Schraeder Tyre valve - does anyone have the
detailed
> dimensions and thread forms If so could they e-mail me?
>

> --
> Bob Chambers

I'm fascinated - why?

"Bob Chambers" <bobatchasedotapanadotorgdotau> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I need to machine up a Schraeder Tyre valve - does anyone have the
detailed
> dimensions and thread forms If so could they e-mail me?
>

> --
> Bob Chambers

Car tyre firms chuck out thousands of the tubeless valve stems. If you get one and cut off excess
rubber first it can be heated red hot on a gas cooker and when chucked into a sink of water will
come out as a shiny clean brass? tube with the threading on one end.

Experience has taught me that it's best to do this when the leader of the house will be out for half
an hour (so the air can clear). Oh; and take the valve stem out first.

Paul.