Specialized Zertz Carbon fork - weight??

ryanspeer

Jul 19, 2006
Anybody know the weight of a Specialized carbon fork with those Zertz inserts in them along with carbon steerer tube? I have one on my Tarmac but don't want to go through the hassle of removing it to check it out. Basically I'm curious if I couldn't save a noteworthy amount of weight by upgrading to something like a Ritchey Pro or WCS carbon fork.

Any clues/ideas? Thanks.

ryanspeer said:
Anybody know the weight of a Specialized carbon fork with those Zertz inserts in them along with carbon steerer tube? I have one on my Tarmac but don't want to go through the hassle of removing it to check it out. Basically I'm curious if I couldn't save a noteworthy amount of weight by upgrading to something like a Ritchey Pro or WCS carbon fork.

Any clues/ideas? Thanks.

According to Weight Weenies, the fork from an S-Works Tarmac, with a carbon steerer 195mm long, weighs 350g.

I have a full-carbon Specialized FACT Zertz fork here which is 370g with a 235mm steerer

Awesome - thanks fellas. Looks like any weight savings from upgrading to something from Ritchey or Easton would be very minimal at best.