STI and Cantilever Brakes

MLF

Guest
Can anyone recommend the best brand of cantilever brakes to work with
Ultegra STI (6501 model)

Thanks

Marc

MLF said:
Can anyone recommend the best brand of cantilever brakes to work with
Ultegra STI (6501 model)

Thanks

Marc
Avid Shorty 6 with KoolStop Salmon replacement cartidges.
I use them on my touring bicycle with powerful, well modulated, smooth, and quiet stopping.

MLF-<< Can anyone recommend the best brand of cantilever brakes to work with
Ultegra STI (6501 model) >><BR><BR>

Tektro-

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:59:25 +1000, daveornee wrote:

> MLF Wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend the best brand of cantilever brakes to work with
>> Ultegra STI (6501 model)

> Avid Shorty 6 with KoolStop Salmon replacement cartidges.
> I use them on my touring bicycle with powerful, well modulated, smooth,
> and quiet stopping.

AOL.
I've got Campy brifters with Avid Shortys on my cross bike, and they are
almost as good as the V-brakes on my mtb.
Alan.

http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North Midlands.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I bought a frame for commuting and it came
with Avid 15 C Cantis. I had a little trouble setting them up. There
wasn't much rim/pad clearance after I had adjusted them for the right cable
tension. I had replaced the Avid straddle wire and triangle with a generic
straddle and disc combo. Once I went back to the Avid straddle, which was
a bit longer all was well. I now have better rim cleance and more of a
road brake lever feel.

Marc

MLF <[email protected]> wrote in