Philwood

Sep 26, 2016
Hello
I'm 53 270 6ft1
Terminal leukemia
2 head attacks
Just ordered a Marin Fairfax sc4 belt!!
Need to ride.
Live in northern Maine so snows coming .
Help
Tips
Encouragement?
Thank you for your stories...

Huh? Being ignorant on what you're trying to convey you mentioned you have terminal cancer, and have had two heart attacks and you want to ride a bike? PLEASE get a doctor's opinion about you wanting to ride a bike, based on what you said I will not recommend that unless you're trying to shorten your life.

I've always told my wife that if I'm ever diagnosed with a terminal illness I'm just going to get my touring bike, load it up, and ride till I die; the thought of lying around at home or in a hospital waiting for the clock to expire just doesn't appeal to me. And as much as I love my wife and kids/G kids, I don't want them going through the stress of all of that either, so going off by myself seems to suit me better all the way around...though not sure if my family would agree with me! But that's usually selfish desire on their part.

Encouragement? just do what you feel you have to do and you will feel better about yourself for doing so.

Huh? Being ignorant on what you're trying to convey you mentioned you have terminal cancer, and have had two heart attacks and you want to ride a bike? PLEASE get a doctor's opinion about you wanting to ride a bike, based on what you said I will not recommend that unless you're trying to shorten your life.

I've always told my wife that if I'm ever diagnosed with a terminal illness I'm just going to get my touring bike, load it up, and ride till I die; the thought of lying around at home or in a hospital waiting for the clock to expire just doesn't appeal to me. And as much as I love my wife and kids/G kids, I don't want them going through the stress of all of that either, so going off by myself seems to suit me better all the way around...though not sure if my family would agree with me! But that's usually selfish desire on their part.

Encouragement? just do what you feel you have to do and you will feel better about yourself for doing so.
Thank you
Yes dr said exercise was ok now.
Lots of damage from 6 years of chemo.
2 heart attacks and 2 stints installed.
Dr said exercise was ok.
Ride off and die ?
Well yes you sorta said it.
I have terminal leukemia
Usually I should play it safe and WAIT to die.
But that's getting old.
I'm doing children's cancer hospital rides.
Delivering toys.
Making 1 day easier fighting chemo...
Encouragement to ride ?
I need to lose weight
Meds make fat build around heart.

2 rides so far:(
1st hill was my only hill
Ended up walking half of it.
But the ride was great.
Legs are useless
Lungs don't work
Heart?
2 heart attacks in one day 3 months ago!
Overall it went good.
I'm already be
I rode a bicycle again!!
Terminal leukemia
4 relapses
Bone marrow transplant rejected
Waiting to die takes forever

I don't believe I am qualified to properly respond since I have never been in your position. We all attempt to think that we will make good with our lives if given limited time.
I do know that it is easy to state you will go out fighting when you still feel great but though to follow through when you feel like ****. As long as your mind is strong, fight and never quit. I had a friend that died of cancer at a young age. He owned a small construction company and was very dedicated. He worked 2 days before he died. He left his mark.

Thank you
I've ridden a few times this week.
Giving myself a break on performance.
1st gear and hills are better now.
Rides only 15 minutes so I'm embarrassed to write daily.
Legs feel like jello but god it hurts good.
Feeling anything is good.
Heart hasn't stopped yet so I'm happy.

Going to ride farther today.
May have to walk home but I'm trying harder today
God bless all of us

Thank you
I've ridden a few times this week.
Giving myself a break on performance.
1st gear and hills are better now.
Rides only 15 minutes so I'm embarrassed to write daily.
Legs feel like jello but god it hurts good.
Feeling anything is good.
Heart hasn't stopped yet so I'm happy.

Going to ride farther today.

May have to walk home but I'm trying harder today
God bless all of us

If you can ride you are doing something I can't do at the moment but I will recover. Enjoy every moment as best you can.

Start off slowly, short duration 15-20 minutes, low effort. Gradually increase workout time and effort. Enjoy. Every day is a blessing...

It's been over a month since we last heard from you, how's all the training going? How are you doing?

Thanks for the inspiration! Hope all is well!

Good to hear, keep it up and keep going, you can do it. Believe it or not I'm sure there are people here, and I'm one of them, that have been inspired by you!! you may not realize it but you're incredible!!

This is weird, all silence from Philwood, I would have thought he would at least be monitoring his e-mail for responses to his post here, so what happened? I even sent him a private message hoping for a response, nothing. I hope something bad didn't happen.

Keep up the fight man ! I have a buddy in s fl that just went thru months of experimental treatment and is showing cancer free.

Most cancers are staged based on the size and spread of tumors. However, because leukemia already occurs in the developing blood cells within the bone marrow, leukemia staging is a little bit different. The stages of leukemia are often characterized by blood cell counts and the accumulation of leukemia cells in other organs, like the liver or spleen.
http://www.calfre.com/Hyderabad/Oracle-Fusion-HCM-Training/listing