The token Question

Racerx

Guest
I know i know , but im looking for some experienced answers i am quite a large person about 6 4 and
235 lbs and i am really torn on my new bike i know i want a lightweight XC because that is what i
mainly ride but on the other hand im really getting into jumping and other stuff to like drops
"small ones of course". So i guess i want to know what bikes any of you have heard of or
rode"preferrably" that is a lightweight strong good pedaling bike. I was looking at the Kona King
Kikapoo Deluxe and Specialized Enduro, thats primarily what my LBS's carry. My price range is under
2,000 and id like to get it with xt componentry and a bomber or better fork.

Thanks Racer

RacerX scrawled in bright red lipstick:
> I know i know , but im looking for some experienced answers i am quite a large person about 6 4
> and 235 lbs and i am really torn on my new bike i know i want a lightweight XC because that is
> what i mainly ride but on the other hand im really getting into jumping and other stuff to like
> drops "small ones of course". So i guess i want to know what bikes any of you have heard of or
> rode"preferrably" that is a lightweight strong good pedaling bike. I was looking at the Kona King
> Kikapoo Deluxe and Specialized Enduro, thats primarily what my LBS's carry. My price range is
> under 2,000 and id like to get it with xt componentry and a bomber or better fork.
>
> Thanks Racer

you're saying you are a big buy but you want a light bike? ( at least I think that what you said)
You might need Clydesdale like components, and I don't think Kona meets that criteria. Where can you
get a King Kikapu for $2K.... I thought they were more like 3K new.

penny

"RacerX" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I know i know , but im looking for some experienced answers i am quite a large person about 6 4
> and 235 lbs and i am really torn on my new bike i know i want a lightweight XC because that is
> what i mainly ride but on the other hand im really getting into jumping and other stuff to like
> drops "small ones of course". So i guess i want to know what bikes any of you have heard of or
> rode"preferrably" that is a lightweight strong good pedaling bike. I was looking at the Kona King
> Kikapoo Deluxe and Specialized Enduro, thats primarily what my LBS's carry. My price range is
> under 2,000 and id like to get it with xt componentry and a bomber or better fork.
>
> Thanks Racer

If you want light and durable for a clydesdale rider, your only route is a rigid singlespeed. Yes,
if you build up enough skill you can ride just about anything you want on it too (within reason,
of course).

JD

What? Terrible advice. The "only" way, right. As terrible advice as that is it is a GREAT troll!
SS bikes are fun to ride though, but I'll consider the source of your advice. Do I have to get out of your way now or are you going assume I'll **** my shorts? Get a clue about reality, it exists beyond your backyard and the bike. Blah, blah.

K.

At least get creative, lies are way to easy for you.

>If you want light and durable for a clydesdale rider, your only >route is a rigid singlespeed. Yes,
>if you build up enough skill you can ride just about anything you >want on it too (within reason,
>of course).

>JD [/B][/QUOTE]

That was based on old jd's recent diatribe that all creatures great and small must fear her based on ????? I get tired of reading jd's negativity, ego-centric ramblings and blah, blah...
Just one of those things my fellow dirt lover, I'll straighten up soon enough. Take care and ride well.

K.

Originally posted by its_stuart
WTF ireman?? speak english dude

Thanks for the clarification ireman:)

@ sorni

re- Sorni "its_stuart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> WTF ireman?? speak english dude

WTF stuart?? quote content dude

Bill "are ALL cycling forum posters complete idiots?" S.

Thanks for the posting tips mate. To answer your question, NO I don't think all cycling forum posters are complete idiots. You need to stop talking yourself down like that dude, be all you can be ;)

Regards,
Stu

> "RacerX" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > I know i know , but im looking for some experienced answers i am quite a large person about 6 4
> > and 235 lbs and i am really torn on my new bike i know i want a lightweight XC because that is
> > what i mainly ride but on the other hand im really getting into jumping and other stuff to like
> > drops "small ones of course". So i guess i want to know what bikes any of you have heard of or
> > rode"preferrably" that is a lightweight strong good pedaling bike. I was looking at the Kona
> > King Kikapoo Deluxe and Specialized Enduro, thats primarily what my LBS's carry. My price range
> > is under 2,000 and id like to get it with xt componentry and a bomber or better fork.
> >
> > Thanks Racer
>
> If you want light and durable for a clydesdale rider, your only route is a rigid singlespeed. Yes,
> if you build up enough skill you can ride just about anything you want on it too (within reason,
> of course).
>
> JD

Hmmm... I guess that Titus Racer X isn't holding up as well as I was led to believe. Speaking of
which, Mr. Racer X, your name seems somewhat serendipitous.... /s

ireman_1 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> its_stuart wrote:
> > WTF ireman?? speak english dude
>
> That was based on old jd's recent diatribe that all creatures great and small must fear her based
> on ?????

If you have to ask, you're too late skippy.

> I get tired of reading jd's negativity, ego-centric ramblings and blah, blah...

Borrowing this from the kung-fu master: Tell me who is in your house forcing you to read my posts. I
want to know so I don't make the mistake of letting them into The Shack.

JD

>Borrowing this from the kung-fu master: Tell me who is in your >house forcing you to read my posts. I
>want to know so I don't make the mistake of letting them into >The Shack.

>JD

This is sad jd. Closed ended thinking and comments? Regurgitated (or parroted) thoughts of someone else? You started out with so much promise, ****-vinegar, and zeal; yet lately all we witness is this tired, bitter, unimaginative blathering that advances or betters nothing. Your ramblings don't harm or enrage me, just understand you bore me and I tend to skip over what you post, however once in a while I don't catch myself or you flat out lie, like in this thread for instance. Enjoy that closed minded bliss. Kung' fu, really? You don't seem centered to me. Flame on grasshopper, flame on.

K.

[email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > "RacerX" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > > I know i know , but im looking for some experienced answers i am quite a large person about 6
> > > 4 and 235 lbs and i am really torn on my new bike i know i want a lightweight XC because that
> > > is what i mainly ride but on the other hand im really getting into jumping and other stuff to
> > > like drops "small ones of course". So i guess i want to know what bikes any of you have heard
> > > of or rode"preferrably" that is a lightweight strong good pedaling bike. I was looking at the
> > > Kona King Kikapoo Deluxe and Specialized Enduro, thats primarily what my LBS's carry. My price
> > > range is under 2,000 and id like to get it with xt componentry and a bomber or better fork.
> > >
> > > Thanks Racer
> >
> > If you want light and durable for a clydesdale rider, your only route is a rigid singlespeed.
> > Yes, if you build up enough skill you can ride just about anything you want on it too (within
> > reason, of course).
> >
> > JD
>
> Hmmm... I guess that Titus Racer X isn't holding up as well as I was led to believe. Speaking of
> which, Mr. Racer X, your name seems somewhat serendipitous.... /s

That bike isn't nearly as light as the SS, by at least 7lbs or so, Scott. He wants both light
and durable. The Freak bike is plenty durable, getting half of the action and always in the
rougher stuff.

JD

direman wrote:
>> Borrowing this from the kung-fu master: Tell me who is in your
house
>> forcing you to read my posts. I want to know so I don't make the mistake of letting them into
>> The Shack.

>> JD

> This is sad jd. Closed ended thinking and comments? Regurgitated (or parroted) thoughts of someone
> else? You started out with so much promise, ****-vinegar, and zeal; yet lately all we witness is
> this tired, bitter, unimaginative blathering that advances or betters nothing.

You're not worth any more than that. Get it now, dim bulb?

> Your ramblings don't harm or enrage me, just understand you bore me and I tend to skip over what
> you post, however once in a while I don't catch myself

Learn to catch better.

> or you flat out lie, like in this thread for instance.

You are a dim bulb, aren't you? The poster wants light and durable. The lightest durable mountain
bikes out there are singlespeeds. If that's what you call a lie, why don't you go over to barry
bargain's house and discuss it further over sone herbal tea, finishing with a duet of Kumbaya.

> Enjoy that closed minded bliss.

I do enjoy irony, thank you for providing more.

> Kung' fu, really? You don't seem centered to me.

Keep flailing and you shall soon join the ranks of AM-B's most clueless.

> Flame on grasshopper, flame on.

Why? you seem to do a pretty damn good job of flaming yourself everytime you open that
grouper-sized gob.

JD

jd

You take ignorance and WTF to a whole new level. Your parents would be so proud, if they cared about you that is.

K.

ireman_1 scrawled in bright red lipstick:
> jd
>
> You take ignorance and WTF to a whole new level. Your parents would be so proud, if they cared
> about you that is.
>
> K.

what I want to know is why every single post from cycling forum is a) top posted and b) no
quoting... just curious...

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> ireman_1 scrawled in bright red lipstick:
> > jd
> >
> > You take ignorance and WTF to a whole new level. Your parents would be so proud, if they cared
> > about you that is.
> >
> > K.

> what I want to know is why every single post from cycling forum is a) top posted and b) no
> quoting... just curious...

No kidding. I've been reading the .misc group (since coming out of closet in roadie gear), and
there's been a rash of posts from cyclingforums.com just like that.

Bill "must be related to Web TV?" S.

>what I want to know is why every single post from cycling forum >is a) top posted and b) no
>quoting... just curious...

Not to be too literal, but EVERY post? Just felt like doing it that way that time, that's all. Now you know. Is this the preferred "style" for this audience?

Completely OT, however the better half and I looked at 10 (+/-) acres this evening that I may have a hard time passing on. The house was less than desireable, but the location and terrain? Top notch. I was dreaming of all the "possibilities" for an mtb'er on the terrain. Not that anyone's interested, but...

K.

>Bill "must be related to Web TV?" S.

I would have laughed at this one if I wasn't busy choking back a nauseous moment from the ending of the Red Sox game. Damn, now I have to root for the Marlins. Gives me the "willys." Do people even still buy/make that Web tv ****? What a joke as far as equipment and cost goes. Might as well have AOL dial-up ($20+/month) and an old 486 for that performance-cost ratio. Now some retro-grouch is going to tell us how cost effective their 13 year old set-up is and how it meets their needs so why am I knocking it? Great, what have I started now?

Bill, I love your dynamic signatures! Keep them coming, please.

K.

ireman says:

> Might as well have AOL dial-up ($20+/month) and an old 486 for that performance-cost ratio. Now
> some retro-grouch is going to tell us how cost effective their 13 year old set-up is and how it
> meets their needs so why am I knocking it?

<raises hand> <blush

ireman_1 scrawled in bright red lipstick:
>> what I want to know is why every single post from cycling forum >is
>> a) top posted and b) no quoting... just curious...
>
> Not to be too literal, but EVERY post?

yes.

Just felt like doing it that
> way that time, that's all. Now you know. Is this the preferred "style" for this audience?

you bet.

Now you just have to quote *correctly". ;-)

Not quoting is a total drag as 99% of the time it leaves one wondering WTF is being referenced. The
headers in this group are not reliable indicators.

Penny