TIAA CREF finished 9 at USPRO roads.

US PRO road race:
9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.

3 Danny Pate (Team TIAA-CREF)

9 Blake Caldwell (Team TIAA-CREF)

10 William Frischkorn (Team TIAA-CREF)
15 Peter Stetina (Team TIAA-CREF)
18 Bryan Smith (Team TIAA-CREF)
20 Craig Lewis (Team TIAA-CREF)
21 Steven Cozza (Team TIAA-CREF)
28 Lucas Euser (Team TIAA-CREF)
29 Ian Macgregor (Team TIAA-CREF)

Gotta make the sponsors happy to see their riders still out in front of
the crowds (and on the podium).

[email protected] wrote:
> US PRO road race:
> 9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.
>
> 3 Danny Pate (Team TIAA-CREF)
>
> 9 Blake Caldwell (Team TIAA-CREF)
>
> 10 William Frischkorn (Team TIAA-CREF)
> 15 Peter Stetina (Team TIAA-CREF)
> 18 Bryan Smith (Team TIAA-CREF)
> 20 Craig Lewis (Team TIAA-CREF)
> 21 Steven Cozza (Team TIAA-CREF)
> 28 Lucas Euser (Team TIAA-CREF)
> 29 Ian Macgregor (Team TIAA-CREF)
>
> Gotta make the sponsors happy to see their riders still out in front of
> the crowds (and on the podium).

At least four of these guys (Danny, Blake, Peter and Ian) are home
grown Coloradans that came up through the junior ranks as opposed to
guys who moved to CO after they were already good. I've raced against
three of their fathers that I know of.

Bret

Bret wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > US PRO road race:
> > 9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.
> >
> > 3 Danny Pate (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >
> > 9 Blake Caldwell (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >
> > 10 William Frischkorn (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > 15 Peter Stetina (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > 18 Bryan Smith (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > 20 Craig Lewis (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > 21 Steven Cozza (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > 28 Lucas Euser (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > 29 Ian Macgregor (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >
> > Gotta make the sponsors happy to see their riders still out in front of
> > the crowds (and on the podium).

> At least four of these guys (Danny, Blake, Peter and Ian) are home
> grown Coloradans that came up through the junior ranks as opposed to
> guys who moved to CO after they were already good. I've raced against
> three of their fathers that I know of.
>
> Bret

Are you saying they don't know who their fathers are?

Fred

[email protected] wrote:
> Bret wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > US PRO road race:
> > > 9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.
> > >
> > > 3 Danny Pate (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > >
> > > 9 Blake Caldwell (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > >
> > > 10 William Frischkorn (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > > 15 Peter Stetina (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > > 18 Bryan Smith (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > > 20 Craig Lewis (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > > 21 Steven Cozza (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > > 28 Lucas Euser (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > > 29 Ian Macgregor (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > >
> > > Gotta make the sponsors happy to see their riders still out in front of
> > > the crowds (and on the podium).

> > At least four of these guys (Danny, Blake, Peter and Ian) are home
> > grown Coloradans that came up through the junior ranks as opposed to
> > guys who moved to CO after they were already good. I've raced against
> > three of their fathers that I know of.
> >
> > Bret

> Are you saying they don't know who their fathers are?
>
> Fred

That's right. Of the guys listed, I only know three of their fathers.

Bret

[email protected] wrote:
> US PRO road race:
> 9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.
>
> 3 Danny Pate (Team TIAA-CREF)
>
> 9 Blake Caldwell (Team TIAA-CREF)
>
> 10 William Frischkorn (Team TIAA-CREF)
> 15 Peter Stetina (Team TIAA-CREF)
> 18 Bryan Smith (Team TIAA-CREF)
> 20 Craig Lewis (Team TIAA-CREF)
> 21 Steven Cozza (Team TIAA-CREF)
> 28 Lucas Euser (Team TIAA-CREF)
> 29 Ian Macgregor (Team TIAA-CREF)
>
> Gotta make the sponsors happy to see their riders still out in front of
> the crowds (and on the podium).

Well then, only one finished. Only NINE riders rode across the finish
line.

duped

[email protected] wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > US PRO road race:
> > 9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.
> >
> > 3 Danny Pate (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >
> > 9 Blake Caldwell (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >
> > 10 William Frischkorn (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > 15 Peter Stetina (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > 18 Bryan Smith (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > 20 Craig Lewis (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > 21 Steven Cozza (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > 28 Lucas Euser (Team TIAA-CREF)
> > 29 Ian Macgregor (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >
> > Gotta make the sponsors happy to see their riders still out in front of
> > the crowds (and on the podium).

> Well then, only one finished. Only NINE riders rode across the finish
> line.
>
> duped

two

[email protected] wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>US PRO road race:
>>9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.
>>
>>3 Danny Pate (Team TIAA-CREF)
>>
>>9 Blake Caldwell (Team TIAA-CREF)
>>
>>10 William Frischkorn (Team TIAA-CREF)
>>15 Peter Stetina (Team TIAA-CREF)
>>18 Bryan Smith (Team TIAA-CREF)
>>20 Craig Lewis (Team TIAA-CREF)
>>21 Steven Cozza (Team TIAA-CREF)
>>28 Lucas Euser (Team TIAA-CREF)
>>29 Ian Macgregor (Team TIAA-CREF)
>>
>>Gotta make the sponsors happy to see their riders still out in front of
>>the crowds (and on the podium).

> Well then, only one finished. Only NINE riders rode across the finish
> line.

31 riders are credited with a finishing time. How does that happen if
only nine cross the line?

I think you're having a problem understanding the following sentence in
the cyclingnews report:

"Nine riders survived this time up the climb with Hincapie and
Leipheimer, including Wherry, Ben Jacques-Maynes (KodakGallery-Sierra
Nevada), Danny Pate and Blake Caldwell (TIAA-CREF), with Phil Zajicek
and Burke Swindlehurst (Navigators Insurance) setting the tempo."

That means only 11 were left in the front group. It says nothing about
the number of finishers.

Back to **** and Jane for you.

And Navigators Insurance finished 4 in the top 14:

4) Swindlehurst
8) Zajicek
13) Van Ulden
14) Milne

Considering they only had 4 in the race, it was a great showing, must be
good for the sponsors!

news:[email protected]...

Kyle Legate wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:
> >
> >>US PRO road race:
> >>9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.
> >>
> >>3 Danny Pate (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >>
> >>9 Blake Caldwell (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >>
> >>10 William Frischkorn (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >>15 Peter Stetina (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >>18 Bryan Smith (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >>20 Craig Lewis (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >>21 Steven Cozza (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >>28 Lucas Euser (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >>29 Ian Macgregor (Team TIAA-CREF)
> >>
> >>Gotta make the sponsors happy to see their riders still out in front of
> >>the crowds (and on the podium).

> > Well then, only one finished. Only NINE riders rode across the finish
> > line.
> >

> 31 riders are credited with a finishing time. How does that happen if
> only nine cross the line?
>
> I think you're having a problem understanding the following sentence in
> the cyclingnews report:
>
> "Nine riders survived this time up the climb with Hincapie and
> Leipheimer, including Wherry, Ben Jacques-Maynes (KodakGallery-Sierra
> Nevada), Danny Pate and Blake Caldwell (TIAA-CREF), with Phil Zajicek
> and Burke Swindlehurst (Navigators Insurance) setting the tempo."
>
> That means only 11 were left in the front group. It says nothing about
> the number of finishers.
>
> Back to **** and Jane for you.

No, Dickweed

It means that the dozens of fans who spent all Sunday at the finish
waiting, saw NINE riders come across the line. All other "finishers"
were NOT allowed on the finishing circuits, and were given Pro-rated
times.
Glad to help you understand.

Duped

[email protected] wrote:
> US PRO road race:
> 9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.

<meaningless placings snipped>

"Second place, third place, who cares? The only place that matters is
first"

- Sean Kelly

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > US PRO road race:
> > 9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.

> <meaningless placings snipped>
>

> "Second place, third place, who cares? The only place that matters is
> first"
>
> - Sean Kelly

With your unfettered disdain for all things "masters fattie", I'd think
you'd be more supportive of a team of youngsters duking it out with the
big boys!

Fred

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > US PRO road race:
> > 9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.

> <meaningless placings snipped>
>

> "Second place, third place, who cares? The only place that matters is
> first"
>
> - Sean Kelly

Dumbass,

That's a valid point of view for a race favorite, maybe. Who but a race
favorite ever says that? Anyone who has a break through ride (Andy
Bajadali for example) has every right to be thrilled. There's even less
reason for a spectator to limit their interest to the winner.

Bret

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:

> > US PRO road race:

> > 9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.

> <meaningless placings snipped>
>
> "Second place, third place, who cares? The only place that matters is
> first"
>
> - Sean Kelly

"Second is no better than fifth" - Roy Stetina

Andy Coggan

[email protected] wrote:

> No, Dickweed
>
> It means that the dozens of fans who spent all Sunday at the finish
> waiting, saw NINE riders come across the line. All other "finishers"
> were NOT allowed on the finishing circuits, and were given Pro-rated
> times.
> Glad to help you understand.
>
> Duped

You're exaggerating, there weren't that many fans there.

[email protected] wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>
> > [email protected] wrote:

> > > US PRO road race:

> > > 9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.

> > <meaningless placings snipped>
> >
> > "Second place, third place, who cares? The only place that matters is
> > first"
> >
> > - Sean Kelly

> "Second is no better than fifth" - Roy Stetina
>
> Andy Coggan

Except for the prize money, the Pro Tour points, the time bonuses, the
upgrade points, the press coverage, the team bonuses, the medals, the
opportunities to meet podium girls ...

If you were in a four man break behind a solo winner, you wouldn't
sprint for 2nd?

You don't think Roy is pleased with his grandson's 15th? That's a very
good result at his age.

Bret

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>
>> [email protected] wrote:

>> > US PRO road race:

>> > 9 of 31 finishers were on the Tiaa cref team.

>> <meaningless placings snipped>
>>
>> "Second place, third place, who cares? The only place that matters is
>> first"
>>
>> - Sean Kelly

> "Second is no better than fifth" - Roy Stetina
>
> Andy Coggan

"Don't eat ice cream, it's full of plaster." - Roy Stetina

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

>>><meaningless placings snipped>
>>>
>>>"Second place, third place, who cares? The only place that matters is
>>>first"
>>>
>>>- Sean Kelly

>>"Second is no better than fifth" - Roy Stetina
>>
>>Andy Coggan
>>

> "Don't eat ice cream, it's full of plaster." - Roy Stetina

"It gets late early around here."

Yogi

In article <[email protected]>,
Steven Bornfeld <[email protected]> wrote:

> Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>"Second is no better than fifth" - Roy Stetina
> >>
> >>Andy Coggan
> >>

> > "Don't eat ice cream, it's full of plaster." - Roy Stetina
> >

> "It gets late early around here."
>
> Yogi

"Why stand when you can sit?" Followed by: "Why sit when you can lay down?"

Robert Millar

--
tanx,
Howard