What was the last thing you've bought for your bike?

Another light. Lastlight 1000 lumens wasn't like the previous. Different species so bought this 1500 which has same specs as the first 1000. 5000hm vs the lastlight of 400mh, or whatever it is.

But new light has a remote and got the package with the q5 tail light.

Tail light has some kind of sensor that works as a brake light. OK, good deal with the package, only 5 or 6 more bucks for the brake light/tail light so might as well try it out.

Good thing is, this Rock Bros headlights i have ($35) outperforms the $100 niterider and $70 cygolites I have.

Screenshot_20231114_162108_Chrome.jpg

Last few videos made on an old laptop. Bought a couple programs for photo and video editing. Hard to tell how things actually look on an old low res screen. Getting tired of the video creating lag. I placed another ram board and performed better but got the itch. Never thought I would but broke down and got a new laptop. $1200, sure hope it improves my cycling video editing. :D

Reactions: cobbwheels
Wow! Took me 10 minutes to render a 30 second clip with the old computer. Usually use a few to create a 4 minute video.

New laptop taking about 30 seconds:D

Going to be much easier to create videos.

My Garmin HR strap is separating so at times pushing hard into the wind this weekend, my heartrate was like 35! :D

I had bought a replacement on ebay about a month ago. Now that I am sure the Garmin is done, I used the replacement on Sunday's ride. So I need a back up strap so I ordered 4 more on ebay. Only $8 each and worked well, better then Garmin I was given as a hand me down. Plus buy 3 and get a 15% discount. Why not?!

Also bought a dual action cam mount. Planning to mount it for night rides if it works out. Side by side go pro style so hopefully I can use it for side by side headlights.

Then also for night or road rides, a Cygolite Hyoershot tail light 350 lumens.

I have a 50 lumens that is good enough. While back bought a 150 and have blinded ride partners on rides. Yes, I will change the mode if it affects a ride partner's sight. But great for night rides and day time rides being so bright.

I did see a guy with 2 Cygolite 350 tail lights on a day ride along the bike trail. Totally blinded me as I was passing the tandem. So I am really curious as to just how bright this dual lens rear tail light will be if my 150 blinds other riders.

One review, a night cyclist said drivers would stop to ask him where he got the light being so bright. So I figure night rides and solo day rides on the road. I'll be careful not to blind fellow cyclists.

2023-12-11 134915.jpg

Reactions: cobbwheels
Hey there! Ah, the joys of pushing through the wind with a malfunctioning HR strap. Gotta love those misleading heart rate readings, right? Good call on getting a replacement from eBay, and it's even better that it worked better than the Garmin hand-me-down. And with that sweet discount, why not treat yourself to a few more backup straps? Ride on, my friend! Oh, and happy mounting with the new cam!

Another pair of Black Bib shorts. Actually enjoying the base model vs the upgraded model because of the cuff on the leg. Don't care for the wide elastic band thing that hangs baggy around my knees.

I ordered the short inseam in a premium . Brings that band up on the thigh like the old days. Good quality bib.

However I'd not buy again. It's about the lack of a "pouch" for the goods like some other brands. The retailer insists I needed an XL pair . Odd cause I wear XS briefs

I think they mislabeled and sold me a woman's pair and won't own up to it. So I'm "stuck" with the pair.
Stuck between my seat and inner thigh .

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I ordered the short inseam in a premium . Brings that band up on the thigh like the old days. Good quality bib.

However I'd not buy again. It's about the lack of a "pouch" for the goods like some other brands. The retailer insists I needed an XL pair . Odd cause I wear XS briefs

I think they mislabeled and sold me a woman's pair and won't own up to it. So I'm "stuck" with the pair.
Stuck between my seat and inner thigh .

I've never known shorts to have a pouch. I've always known them to fit tight so the junk sits on top to avoid getting crushed.

I know I've leaned over a few times reaching for the bottle crushing the boys pretty bad. :D

for example the garnneau bib clearly does, & there are much cheaper ones that have a little xtra space there . Everyone adjusts the goods different
On top and forward on the nose ( of saddle ) IMO gunk needs a little chamois under it and some room . The black bibs chamois was well over 1.5 " shorter on the nose than my other bibs that are more comfy there. Everyone likes , has a different fit. if your comfortable thats all good.

I found 3 groups on FB regarding cycling over 60 . Which one are you on ?

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
New pair of Black Bib shorts (not a fan of bibs). Felt very comfortable. 3rd pair in about 5 months? Getting to like them for $35. More support than the Aerotech shorts I bought for $105.
20240118_124649.jpg