Whinging Brits

MichaelB

New Member
Feb 10, 2004
On cyclingforums.com there is a link to the Bike Cafe. It has a link to three Google groups on it along with its own forum. When you log onto cycling forums you see the last post in any of the four forums - cycling forums one, the Aussie one, the predominantly American one and the UK one.

You know when the last post it is showing has originated from the UK forum because it is basically a whinge implying the world has gone mad. I think its a reflection of our country's arrogant, seedy, obsessive media which is always very negative and makes out that everything is scandalous.

Anyway. This cycling is giving me RSI in my middle finger because of all these bloody motorists. And those SUVs, dont get me started. Kids? Well they need to bring back coporal punishment to teach the little louts a lesson? Anyone care to march against that war monger Tony Blair? Get the troops out. Its scandalous. Its all lies. Country's going to the dogs with all these illegal immigrants that are flooding the streets.

"MichaelB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> On cyclingforums.com there is a link to the Bike Cafe. It has a link to
> three Google groups on it along with its own forum. When you log onto
> cycling forums you see the last post in any of the four forums -
> cycling forums one, the Aussie one, the predominantly American one and
> the UK one.
>
> You know when the last post it is showing has originated from the UK
> forum because it is basically a whinge implying the world has gone mad.
> I think its a reflection of our country's arrogant, seedy, obsessive
> media which is always very negative and makes out that everything is
> scandalous.
>
> Anyway. This cycling is giving me RSI in my middle finger because of
> all these bloody motorists. And those SUVs, dont get me started.
> Kids? Well they need to bring back coporal punishment to teach the
> little louts a lesson? Anyone care to march against that war monger
> Tony Blair? Get the troops out. Its scandalous. Its all lies.
> Country's going to the dogs with all these illegal immigrants that are
> flooding the streets.
>

> --
> MichaelB

Ah yes, and the days before cyclingforums and google groups... when
uk.rec.cycling, which has been around a lot longer than cyclingforums or
Long live Usenet!

Cheers, helen s :-Þ

in message <[email protected]>, MichaelB
('[email protected]') wrote:

> On cyclingforums.com there is a link to the Bike Cafe. It has a link
> to three Google groups on it along with its own forum.

No, it doesn't have any links to any Google groups. Do keep up at the
back. Or if you're too thick to understand the technology, leave it
alone.

;; killing [afghan|iraqi] civilians is not 'justice'

MichaelB wrote:
> On cyclingforums.com there is a link to the Bike Cafe. It has a link to
> three Google groups on it along with its own forum. When you log onto
> cycling forums you see the last post in any of the four forums -
> cycling forums one, the Aussie one, the predominantly American one and
> the UK one.

Google groups ?

MichaelB wrote:

> On cyclingforums.com there is a link to the Bike Cafe. It has a link
> to three Google groups on it along with its own forum. When you log
> onto cycling forums you see the last post in any of the four forums -
> cycling forums one, the Aussie one, the predominantly American one and
> the UK one.

This is usenet. Maybe you should google for it.

--
Mike

> You know when the last post it is showing has originated from the UK
> forum because it is basically a whinge implying the world has gone mad.
> I think its a reflection of our country's arrogant, seedy, obsessive
> media which is always very negative and makes out that everything is
> scandalous.

That's a very negative view. Stop whingeing.

In article <[email protected]>, POHB
([email protected]) wrote:
> > You know when the last post it is showing has originated from the UK
> > forum because it is basically a whinge implying the world has gone mad.
> > I think its a reflection of our country's arrogant, seedy, obsessive
> > media which is always very negative and makes out that everything is
> > scandalous.
> >

> That's a very negative view. Stop whingeing.

<whinge>

But indicative of the general level of Clue we have come to expect from
the denizens of cyclingforums.com. They probably think digital watches
are a pretty neat idea too.

</whinge>

A complimentary biro(tm) is /not/ to be sniffed at.

Paul Boyd wrote:
> Dave Larrington said the following on 04/04/2006 10:53:
>
>> They probably think digital watches are a pretty neat idea too.

> A what watch? :)

A digital watch, you know, one with fingers on it instead of hands.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

Ooh, it's called Usenet is it?

Get you.

Techno-snobbery just isn't what it used to be.

:p

Wheelist.