Why does Ed Dolan post to multiple cycling newsgroups?

Edward Dolan

Guest
Gentlemen, I have lurked mightily on all the varsious cycling newsgroups
(except the technical and racing ones) and have concluded that you are all a
bunch of idiots. Therefore, I have decied that as long as my posts are of a
general nature that you will benefit from my wisdom. I am just too Great to
restrict Myself to ARBR alone. Nay, I owe it to the rest of you to brighten
your otherwise dismal days with my superior intelligence.

Seriously folks, I will keep my posts to the cycling groups of a general
nature which will have universal applicability. But even when it is just
about ARBR, I think the rest of you can enjoy what is being said as I NEVER
get too narrowly focused on anything, I am the ultimate dilettante and my
only purpose in being here is to entertain and amuse you. It goes without
saying that nothing of substance ever gets said on a newsgroup. Since that
is the case, I am made to order for you.

It has often been said of me that I don't ever seem to say much, but that is
because you do not know how to read me. I will teach you in the mysterious
ways of Ed Dolan so that you will be enlightened. I always try to say
something that will not only brighten your day, but will contribute some
wisdom to your otherwise benighted lives. After all, there is more to life
than riding your confounded bikes and blathering about the perils of the
road.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Gentlemen, I have lurked mightily on all the varsious cycling newsgroups
> (except the technical and racing ones) and have concluded that you are all
> a bunch of idiots.

You suffer from delusions of relevance.

"Ludmila Borgschatz-Thudpucker, MD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Gentlemen, I have lurked mightily on all the varsious cycling newsgroups
>> (except the technical and racing ones) and have concluded that you are
>> all a bunch of idiots.

> You suffer from delusions of relevance.

Nonetheless, all the cycling newsgroups are incredibly stupid in every which
way imaginable. I sometimes wonder if it is just the stupid cyclists who
post to Usenet and that the smart cyclists would not be caught dead on these
confounded groups.

I must admit when I do group tours, it seems that most cyclists are pretty
sensible folks, but when I look in on these newsgroups it seems like I have
wandered into a snake pit of insanity.