£1000 / $1000 to spend on new bike..

Calz

Guest
My mates after a new bike and currently has a Univega 750. He has about £1000 / $1000 to spend on
new bike and looking for an XC bike.

Local Halfords are doing an '03 Kona Kikapu reduced from £1400 to £1100, any good or could he
do better?

cheers.. Steve

Calz said...

> My mates after a new bike and currently has a Univega 750. He has about £1000 / $1000 to spend on
> new bike and looking for an XC bike.
>
> Local Halfords are doing an '03 Kona Kikapu reduced from £1400 to £1100, any good or could he
> do better?
>
> cheers.. Steve

Nice bike. Good platform to build on. Sounds good to me.

Calz wrote:
> My mates after a new bike and currently has a Univega 750. He has about £1000 / $1000 to spend on
> new bike and looking for an XC bike.
>
> Local Halfords are doing an '03 Kona Kikapu reduced from £1400 to £1100, any good or could he
> do better?

Nice bike, but a couple of caveats. Make sure the Halfords staff you're dealing with are
knowledgable. The level of knowledge between branches varies wildly.

Secondly, pick up a couple of copies of bike magazines (MBR, MBUK) and have a flick through them for
deals on '03 models. You may well find something else that takes your fancy.

You sure realize that $ 1000 are only about 750 English pounds?

Julius

"Julius" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> You sure realize that $ 1000 are only about 750 English pounds?

Parts are (generally) much cheaper stateside so that 1000 English pounds does indeed equate to about
1000 US dollars in bike part terms.

Steve.

> Julius
>
> He has
> > > about £1000 / $1000 to spend on new bike and looking for an XC bike.

So I hope you guys pay waaayyy more for (German) Magura brakes "over there"
:-D

Nonetheless I guess it depends on the make - Kona, Specialized, Trek will probably be cheaper - but
who cares about them ;-)

Julius