1/8" chain whip for track bike

Zog The Undeniable

Guest
Anyone know who sells one in the UK? My 3/32" one doesn't work - it
just slips on the sprocket.

If you want a combined chain whip and lockring tool, which is
mega-strong then the Shimano one is very good. Madison dobn't normally
import them, but Condors in London managed to get 50 of them. Well
worth the money.

Pete whelan wrote:

> If you want a combined chain whip and lockring tool, which is
> mega-strong then the Shimano one is very good. Madison dobn't normally
> import them, but Condors in London managed to get 50 of them. Well
> worth the money.
>
> Zog The Undeniable wrote:
>
>> Anyone know who sells one in the UK? My 3/32" one doesn't work - it
>> just slips on the sprocket.

Thanks. I've now manufactured the mother of all chainwhips from some
40mm x 4mm x 1000mm steel bar (cut down to about 20") and some spare
1/8" chain. It should shift *anything*.

in message <41056431.0@entanet>, Zog The Undeniable
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Thanks. I've now manufactured the mother of all chainwhips from some
> 40mm x 4mm x 1000mm steel bar (cut down to about 20") and some spare
> 1/8" chain. It should shift *anything*.

So this is the Undeniable Chain Whip, is it?

;; If God does not write LISP, God writes some code so similar to
;; LISP as to make no difference.

Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote:
: Anyone know who sells one in the UK? My 3/32" one doesn't work - it
: just slips on the sprocket.

I use a car something or other tool, which is basically a wide chain
chain tool.

It was about £3 from my local DIY shop.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook

Arthur Clune wrote:

> I use a car something or other tool, which is basically a wide chain
> chain tool.
>
> It was about £3 from my local DIY shop.

Methinks these are oil filter removers.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/