165, 160 or 155mm cranks wanted

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Baronn1, Apr 9, 2003.

  1. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    triple, isis splined preferred, but not neccessarily

    Tags:

  2. Geob

    Geob Guest

    > triple, isis splined preferred, but not neccessarily

    Ditto for me, std square-taper please!

    I have a set of 155mm Redline double BMX(?) cranks, and they work just fine for me except as soon as
    I take a weekend trip outta town I'm going to need that small chain ring which I hadda leave off.
    Been thinking about having a machinist drill and tap it. It has the bosses with lots of meat, could
    be drilled with no problem. Prolly be cheaper than buying a new set. Anybody done that already?

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    [email protected] (GeoB) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > triple, isis splined preferred, but not neccessarily
    >
    > Ditto for me, std square-taper please!
    >
    > I have a set of 155mm Redline double BMX(?) cranks, and they work just fine for me except as soon
    > as I take a weekend trip outta town I'm going to need that small chain ring which I hadda leave
    > off. Been thinking about having a machinist drill and tap it. It has the bosses with lots of meat,
    > could be drilled with no problem. Prolly be cheaper than buying a new set. Anybody done that
    > already?

    Hey, guys, check out these folks. Not exactly cheap, but you can get *whatever* you want. I ordered
    some shorties for myself and my wife (square taper), and the Thorns are very nice--excellent finish.
    Of course, you gotta purchase chain rings and all, but we're happy with them. I'm running 155's, the
    wife 150's.

    http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm

    Scott

  4. Jun Nogami

    Jun Nogami Guest

    > http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm

    These are the cheapest sub 165 mm triple cranks that you're going to find. 165 shimanos are the only
    splined short crank that I know of. If you think the Thorn crank is costly, the only other short
    triple that I know of is the TA Zephyr available from Peter White Cycles.

  5. Geob

    Geob Guest

    > These are the cheapest sub 165 mm triple cranks that you're going to find.

    I have some Redline BMX cranks, but they are only double. Do you-all know of anyone who has
    drilled/tapped in order to add an additional 3rd chain ring? If I did this, what do you suppose the
    max run-out should be held to?