2003 Giant Warp DS 1 owners...

> > The model that came with an RST 281 "double triple clamp" fork with
> > 1.5" of travel was a toy, trust me :) It's still better than a suspension seatpost...I guess.
>
> Watch it buddy, suspension seatposts have their place. For those who have bad backs but like
> hardtails they are just what the doctor ordered.

They are not what the knee doctor ordered.
--
_________________________

> B a r r y B u r k e J r . <Keep it in the [email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > On 23 Jun 2003 19:12:13 -0700, [email protected] (R.White) wrote:
> >
> > >What makes it a *toy*?
> > >
> > >I sold them too. Bought a Warp DS1 2 years ago and haven't had a single problem with the
> > >exception of not liking the *half pipes*.
> >

> > Take a technical, off-road ride on a properly set up NRS, VT, or AC, and you'll see the
> > differences in each design goal, and what I mean by "toy". If you actually do this, I'd be
> > shocked if you don't see a major difference. If you can't tell a difference, you have definitely
> > purchased the right bike.
> >
> > The Warp has more in common with Giant's comfort bikes than the better bred fullys Giant offers.
> > The high-end Warp simply has a few higher quality parts on a low-end frame.
> >

> I guess the bottom line is that I have grown as a rider, and have a great lighter hardtail now,
> and am used to better frame quality and components, and settling for less would be stupid.
> Although I will sing the praise of Giant forever, I am dissapointed that they don't offer
> something in the VT or AC line in the $1500 range.

Here's a used 2002 AC2 for $1400. It's in excellent cond. according to the seller and located in
Richmond, Va.

<http://marketplace.consumerreview.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.pl?db=MtbReview&website=Mtb-
Review&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=54168&quer-
y=retrieval

> B a r r y B u r k e J r . <Keep it in the [email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > On 23 Jun 2003 19:12:13 -0700, [email protected] (R.White) wrote:
> >
> > >What makes it a *toy*?
> > >
> > >I sold them too. Bought a Warp DS1 2 years ago and haven't had a single problem with the
> > >exception of not liking the *half pipes*.
> >

> > Take a technical, off-road ride on a properly set up NRS, VT, or AC, and you'll see the
> > differences in each design goal, and what I mean by "toy". If you actually do this, I'd be
> > shocked if you don't see a major difference. If you can't tell a difference, you have definitely
> > purchased the right bike.
> >
> > The Warp has more in common with Giant's comfort bikes than the better bred fullys Giant offers.
> > The high-end Warp simply has a few higher quality parts on a low-end frame.
> >

> I guess the bottom line is that I have grown as a rider, and have a great lighter hardtail now,
> and am used to better frame quality and components, and settling for less would be stupid.
> Although I will sing the praise of Giant forever, I am dissapointed that they don't offer
> something in the VT or AC line in the $1500 range.

Oops, sorry, it's an AC1 not AC2, but that's even better!

<http://marketplace.consumerreview.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.pl?db=MtbReview&website=Mtb-
Review&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=54168&quer-
y=retrieval

> The Warp suspension is an almost exact copy of the Super V. I just don't see it as a toy. While
> I'm sure the other offerings by Giant have different rides/goals, the Warp is a perfectly
> capable bike.

Seems you've got experience with more than just a walgoose. Ignore the elitist monkeys... Ride what
you want to ride.

I have an XTC, but I wish I had gotten a Rainier. Honest.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training