2004 C'dale r1000 riders

Scott'sTrek1000

Jul 28, 2004
I just purchased one over the weekend and it is to arrive tomorrow (friday, the 12th) and I can't wait. Those of you with this bike, what are your thoughts on it and how have you enjoyed it so far?

Scott'sTrek1000 said:
I just purchased one over the weekend and it is to arrive tomorrow (friday, the 12th) and I can't wait. Those of you with this bike, what are your thoughts on it and how have you enjoyed it so far?

Awesome bike for the price !! The Mavic Elite wheelset is really durable and light.

The CADD 7 Frame is ultra responsive and climbs fast. Frame fit and finish are second to none.

Only thing I would recommend is changing out the Cannondale Omega brake calipers for a set of Shamino Ultegra calipers.

Did you get the Sobe Green or Black ?

Scott'sTrek1000 said:

Wouldn't have been better to ask this before you bought the bike? Suffering from buyers remorse? Chill out, I’m sure you'll love it over the Trek 1000.

jitteringjr said:
Wouldn't have been better to ask this before you bought the bike? Suffering from buyers remorse? Chill out, I’m sure you'll love it over the Trek 1000.
No suffering here. If you'll read my post, I am simply looking at what others have to say. Did I put "just bought a c'dale.....having buyer's remorse..." ?? ...I didn't think so.

Hi Scott...congratulations on your new Bike...
I have been riding an R1000 for around a year now and adore it...good choice!

Mine is basically Silver, kysrium wheels ( can never spell that), the only "upgrade" I've had to make is a different saddle...you won't even have to do that of course...

Please tell us how you like (love) it...enjoy!!

Does this now mean we'll have to call you Scott'sCannondale1000??

Scott'sTrek1000 said:

Gonna have to change your handle there Scotty......

Sure beats the Trek 1000 by a fair bit.

I have a 2000 R1000 that I have been riding for 4 years... I LOVE it! I dont think you can beat it for the money. Enjoy!:)

gidday
i am buying a new bike and my LBS is offering me a caad7 frane, full ultergra(brakes as well), kyserium elites and mostly other components of the r1000. they are offering it for $3200 (aust retail price for the r1000 is $4000, but that is with the omega brakes and a 105bb). this is a tad bit over my price range, is worth the bit extra cash
cause on the otherhand i can get a giant tcr1, full ultegra 10spd, upgrade to kyserium elites, and still have money left over for some new pedal and training tyres.
since all of you are r1000 riders, i spose youll be telling me to spend the bit extra, but your thoughts are welcome ;)

phillip-8727 said:
gidday
i am buying a new bike and my LBS is offering me a caad7 frane, full ultergra(brakes as well), kyserium elites and mostly other components of the r1000. they are offering it for $3200 (aust retail price for the r1000 is $4000, but that is with the omega brakes and a 105bb). this is a tad bit over my price range, is worth the bit extra cash
cause on the otherhand i can get a giant tcr1, full ultegra 10spd, upgrade to kyserium elites, and still have money left over for some new pedal and training tyres.
since all of you are r1000 riders, i spose youll be telling me to spend the bit extra, but your thoughts are welcome ;)

YOU HAD ME AT "GIDDAY"

phillip-8727 said:
gidday

See if you can ride a CADD 7 bike first. While I love the CADD7 frame for its responsiveness, it does ride a bit rougher than other frames. I always tell people to ride anything before they buy just so they can see what it is like.

Stiff Upper Lip said:
Yeah, that numbskulls on my ignore list and boudreux...well, you can see by his volume, he is prolific....
You could at least try spelling Boudreaux right dickweed. Then try for a coherent thought process. A GED might be a place to start.

cdaleguy said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that YOU ARE A ****

What, truth hurts? Those are some pretty harsh words pointed at a guy that has helped you a lot on this forum Scott.

Stiff Upper Lip said:
Yeah, that numbskulls on my ignore list and boudreux...well, you can see by his volume, he is prolific....

Numbskull, if I am a numbskull, what does that make you Stiff? Clinically retarded?

jitteringjr said:
What, truth hurts? Those are some pretty harsh words pointed at a guy that has helped you a lot on this forum Scott.

Don't hold "...i have helped you on this message board" **** over my head. If you insult me, you're gonna get it back. You think that, just because you have given me advice, now you can belittle me? WRONG! You're like the parent that puts down their child, then, when the child retaliates, you hold it over their head that you have raised them, done this and that for them. Mean is mean and I won't stand for it.

cdaleguy said:
Don't hold "...i have helped you on this message board" **** over my head. If you insult me, you're gonna get it back. You think that, just because you have given me advice, now you can belittle me? WRONG! You're like the parent that puts down their child, then, when the child retaliates, you hold it over their head that you have raised them, done this and that for them. Mean is mean and I won't stand for it.
Why don't ya just try and grow up , wipe your nose on your sleeve, and go ride your frggin bike?

boudreaux said:
Why don't ya just try and grow up , wipe your nose on your sleeve, and go ride your frggin bike?
Butt out, poopy-face. Just because (in your mind) insulting is the norm, don't expect the rest of us to just sit and take it. Go get a self-help book so you can realize that it's OK to be nice. We're not here to hurt you boudreaux. Let us all help you heal your inner-child.