2004 dura ace questions

Me

Guest
OK, sure this has been discussed at length but can't find exactly what I want on google...

When's 2004 dura ace gonna hit the shops?

Will there be Triple Crank brought out or just the double?

Can I use my 2003 double crank with the 10spd rear setup or are the chains narrower and thus the
spacing between the rings smaller?

Estimates for DA crank cost double, triple?

cheers,

>When's 2004 dura ace gonna hit the shops?

After the Vegas Bike show next month.

>Will there be Triple Crank brought out or just the double?

Just the double for now.

>Can I use my 2003 double crank with the 10spd rear setup or are the chains

The chains are narrower. You should be able to use your current double. B

(remove clothes to reply)

Me-<< When's 2004 dura ace gonna hit the shops? >><BR><BR>

I'd say shortly after Interbike, perhaps earlier, but i doubt it.

Me<< Will there be Triple Crank brought out or just the double? >><BR><BR>

Triple will be 9s, 10s is double only. No double, DA '9s' levers anymore.

Me<< Can I use my 2003 double crank with the 10spd rear setup or are the chains narrower and thus
the spacing between the rings smaller? >><BR><BR>

Yes..to get 10s need levers, cogset and chain. Not gonna be cheap.

<< Estimates for DA crank cost double, triple? >><BR><BR>

No triple-7800 crank complete about $400-

already available at:

http://www.totalcycling.com/Templates/frmTemplateX.asp?SubFolderID=28&SearchYN=N

jb

Me wrote:
> OK, sure this has been discussed at length but can't find exactly what I want on google...
>
> When's 2004 dura ace gonna hit the shops?
>
> Will there be Triple Crank brought out or just the double?
>

> Can I use my 2003 double crank with the 10spd rear setup or are the chains narrower and thus the
> spacing between the rings smaller?
>

> Estimates for DA crank cost double, triple?
>
> cheers,

Don't believe everything you read.

Jon

"jim beam" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> already available at:

http://www.totalcycling.com/Templates/frmTemplateX.asp?SubFolderID=28&SearchYN=N

> jb
>

> Me wrote:
> > OK, sure this has been discussed at length but can't find exactly what I want on google...
> >
> > When's 2004 dura ace gonna hit the shops?
> >
> > Will there be Triple Crank brought out or just the double?
> >

> > Can I use my 2003 double crank with the 10spd rear setup or are the
chains
> > narrower and thus the spacing between the rings smaller?
> >

> > Estimates for DA crank cost double, triple?
> >
> > cheers,
> >

> Triple will be 9s, 10s is double only. No double, DA '9s' levers anymore.

What is one supposed to do if they crash on thei 9sp DuraAce STI levers and break them? Settle for
ultegra or be forced to buy a new derailleur and 3-4 new cogsets? This doesn't sound good.

Maybe I should get an extra set of STI levers now . . . mine are already pretty scratched up.

I think that'd be the time to go campy. At least that's what I'll do if I can't replace my current
DA 9 levers.

--
Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
8C71 Sigh. I like to think it's just the Linux people who want to be on the "leading edge" so bad

on 03.09.19 2:25, B asserted:

>> Can I use my 2003 double crank with the 10spd rear setup or are the chains
>
> The chains are narrower. You should be able to use your current double. B

If I only want the cranks/bb, is the BCD the same so I can keep my current chainrings/chains and
keep the 9 in the back?

Seng

Originally posted by Keeper Of The M
on 03.09.19 2:25, B asserted:

>> Can I use my 2003 double crank with the 10spd rear setup or are the chains
>
> The chains are narrower. You should be able to use your current double. B

If I only want the cranks/bb, is the BCD the same so I can keep my current chainrings/chains and
keep the 9 in the back?

Seng

From Shimano's site, if you switch cranks you also should switch chains and front derailleurs.

http://tinyurl.com/oeag

6. Will the new cranks (FC-7800) work with my current 9-speed set up? The new cranks are designed to be used with the new front derailleur (FD-7800) and chain (CN-7800). The pickup pins and ramps of the new crank will work best with these new parts.

The new Dura Ace is now available!!! E-mail me if you are interested. [email protected]. I will sell the complete groupo for $1250.00 no hubs. The 10speed will be compatable with the old 9speed hubs. Let me know who is interested.

Thanks,
Chris

>The new Dura Ace is now available!!! E-mail me if you are interested. [email protected]. I will
>sell the complete groupo for $1250.00 no hubs. The 10speed will be compatable with the old 9speed
>hubs. Let me know who is interested.

I like complete groupo, no hubs. Without hubs, it ain't complete.
Alex