2004 NYC Bike Show - Pix

Carla A-G

Guest
Alright, I finally got around to posting a few of the pictures from when we
attended the NYC Bike Show.

It was quite a fun day!

First thing we did was grab ourselves a cool, crisp can of Brooklyn Brew
each and decided to walk to Armory...

We checked out all the booths, there wasn't much there. We played with the
new Schwinn chopper that will be hitting the bike shops soon, what a hot
ride that is, designed by Orange County Choppers (the guys from the American
Chopper show on the Discovery Channel). We sat on the child sized one, but
we spoke to the sales rep and got the scoop on the specs and when the adult
one will be available. It certainly is an interesting bicycle.

We drank some more Brooklyn Brews...

We spoke to several people from the industry. The usual chit chatting and so
forth.

We drank some more Brooklyn Brews...

We had a great conversation with Jeff Lenosky. He asked if he could use my
beer can as a prop for his demo show. I sacrificed my Brooklyn Brew can to
the trials god. He crushed it with a 7 foot drop to flat from the top of his
demo trailer. We bought him a 7UP (we would have bought him a beer but he
couldn't drink alcohol, he had another demo to do shortly thereafter). I had
him sign my crushed Brooklyn Brew can.

We drank some more Brooklyn Brews...

We visited the IMBA booth and chit chatted with the guys from there.

We drank some more Brooklyn Brews...

We paid our next visit to the people from the Chunk Bike area. They had the
usual contraptions and frankenbikes. We had a look around and gave props to
the people that made them. Everyone in that area was pig-stinking drunk.
Lots of Wild Turkey and Brooklyn Brews were going around.

It was time for the annual Chunk Bike Derby. Everybody got on their
frankenbikes and raced the oval indoor derby track that was set up. They
beat the living **** out of each other while they raced. No holds barred,
that was the rule of the race. Nobody was hurt. I have no idea who won
because the place was a mess of broken bike parts and drunkards all over the
floor. I am not sure if they know who won either...

Next was the annual Chunk Bike Joust contest. This time, the elevated double
decker chunk bikes were used. Just like a medieval jousting contest, except,
this one was done on frankenbikes with pig-stinking drunk people dressed up
in various outrageous costumes. We're still not sure who won that one
either. Spiderman was my personal favorite. He won his joust match then came
over and high-fived me.

The place was a total wreck at the end of the show. It began to turn into a
drunken riot. Lawn chairs, beer bottles, broken bike parts, articles of
clothing, shoes, little children, banister rails...you name it, it was being
thrown across the Armory. I stood in the mayhem and quickly had Jim snap and
picture of me before getting hit with a moving object flying across the
floor. Parents were grabbing their children and running out the door in fear
of the madness.

We drank some more Brooklyn Brews and exited the place and went to dinner
near Penn Station before catching the train back home.

Some of the pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/album/146231606kFNrZq

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote

> We drank some more Brooklyn Brews...

[...]
> We drank some more Brooklyn Brews...

[...]
> We drank some more Brooklyn Brews...

[...]
> We drank some more Brooklyn Brews...
>
> We paid our next visit to the people from the Chunk Bike area.

This is the correct order of operations. Sorry I missed it.

CC

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You took a lot of pics of the "show" and not much on the
> "bikes" in this bike show!

That's because there typically isn't a lot of bikes at the NYC Show, its
mostly about socializing and mingling with industry people.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> > We drank some more Brooklyn Brews...

> [...]
> > We drank some more Brooklyn Brews...

> [...]
> > We drank some more Brooklyn Brews...

> [...]
> > We drank some more Brooklyn Brews...
> >
> > We paid our next visit to the people from the Chunk Bike area.

> This is the correct order of operations. Sorry I missed it.
>
> CC

They won't let you beyond the barrier to the Chunk Area unless you have
plenty of beers in you. We missed you this year Will, it just wasn't the
same without you and the Mrs.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:09:47 -0400, "Carla A-G"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>this one was done on frankenbikes with pig-stinking drunk people dressed up
>in various outrageous costumes. We're still not sure who won that one
>either. Spiderman was my personal favorite. He won his joust match then came
>over and high-fived me.
>
>The place was a total wreck at the end of the show. It began to turn into a
>drunken riot. Lawn chairs, beer bottles, broken bike parts, articles of
>clothing, shoes, little children, banister rails...you name it, it was being
>thrown across the Armory. I stood in the mayhem and quickly had Jim snap and
>picture of me before getting hit with a moving object flying across the
>floor. Parents were grabbing their children and running out the door in fear
>of the madness.
>
>We drank some more Brooklyn Brews and exited the place and went to dinner
>near Penn Station before catching the train back home.

Sounds like those bike shows are fun!

Peace,
Bill
The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
:-]