2007 Tour prize money not paid out...

confusedfan

Aug 8, 2007
I'm a bit confused by a statement made by the French cycling federation president (as on CN),
The money for the overall placements should be paid, according to Jean Pitallier, the FFC's president. There are "too many unknowns" at this time to pay out the money for the points and climber's jerseys, he told the French press agency AFP.
The final payments have not yet been made because of outstanding doping cases which have not yet been finalized.
Does anyone know how far down the standings they pay out money? All I could find was this link at the official Tour site, which just lists the amounts for the final jersey winners/winning team/stage winners, not anything about how many placings down get prize money.

I'm just surprised that if they can pay out on the overall, why can't they pay out on the points and climber's jerseys? I don't see any of the names involved in doping cases factoring into the points or mountains jersey standings...

(yeah, I can see some of the stage wins being in question, like the Albi TT purportedly won by Vino that should have been a win for Evans ;) ... but is there doubt that Boonen really won the green jersey, for example???)

Here's a somewhat related question. All the riders were required to state that they were not involved with OP. What happens if CONI exposes Contador?

Bro Deal said:
Here's a somewhat related question. All the riders were required to state that they were not involved with OP. What happens if CONI exposes Contador?

He "lawyers up", as they say.

confusedfan said:
(yeah, I can see some of the stage wins being in question, like the Albi TT purportedly won by Vino that should have been a win for Evans ;) ... but is there doubt that Boonen really won the green jersey, for example???)
So, in such cases, they give the prize money to the next person in line? I think that is reasonably easy for prizes such as stage winner, but what happens for example to the combativity award in the Pyrenees stage where Vino won (after the TT that is)? Do the judges have to vote again for a new winner?

I suspect (but have no factual evidence to back up this claim!) there is fine print somewhere that allows them to not award the prize money if they can justify a reason to the sponsors.