A quick, random poll for rbr

> "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> http://www.ludodierckxsens.be/
>>
>> Anyone know where I can get a helmet like his?

> I remember those. They looked like they were made out of dense foam rubber
> and looked like a baseball cap worn inside out and backwards.

Great description!

I want one bad but haven't been able to find one. I guess I don't know the
correct search term.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> http://www.ludodierckxsens.be/
> >>
> >> Anyone know where I can get a helmet like his?

> > I remember those. They looked like they were made out of dense foam rubber
> > and looked like a baseball cap worn inside out and backwards.

> Great description!
>
> I want one bad but haven't been able to find one. I guess I don't know the
> correct search term.

Well, Ludo was on Lampre from '99 to '02, so you might be able to find some more
info that way. The Cyclingnews team databases don't show that kind of info on the
teams that far back. Perhaps just check in some of the race story pages on CN and see
if there's a photo with a visible logo. For some reason I have a vague recollection
that they had Limar helmets back then.

--
tanx,
Howard

Faberge eggs are elegant but I prefer Faberge bacon.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On Nov 1, 4:37 pm, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> >http://www.ludodierckxsens.be/

> > Anyone know where I can get a helmet like his?

> I remember those. They looked like they were made out of dense foam rubber
> and looked like a baseball cap worn inside out and backwards.

Well, from the logo, I'd start by looking for a
TCEJORP YDUR seller. I'm quite sure they
weren't imported into the US, but maybe some
Euro has a stash.

I thought that helmet made him look like Dumb Donald
from Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids:
http://www.animationartgallery.com/OSC/OSCDM4.html

Ben

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Nov 1, 4:37 pm, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> >http://www.ludodierckxsens.be/

>> > Anyone know where I can get a helmet like his?

>> I remember those. They looked like they were made out of dense foam
>> rubber
>> and looked like a baseball cap worn inside out and backwards.

> Well, from the logo, I'd start by looking for a
> TCEJORP YDUR seller. I'm quite sure they
> weren't imported into the US, but maybe some
> Euro has a stash.
>
> I thought that helmet made him look like Dumb Donald
> from Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids:
> http://www.animationartgallery.com/OSC/OSCDM4.html
>
> Ben

Thanks Ben.

Is TCEJORP YDUR a real company, or a made up word to keep me busy for a
long, long time?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> >> I remember those. They looked like they were made out of dense foam
> >> rubber
> >> and looked like a baseball cap worn inside out and backwards.

> > Well, from the logo, I'd start by looking for a
> > TCEJORP YDUR seller. I'm quite sure they
> > weren't imported into the US, but maybe some
> > Euro has a stash.
> >
> > I thought that helmet made him look like Dumb Donald
> > from Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids:
> > http://www.animationartgallery.com/OSC/OSCDM4.html
> >
> > Ben
> >

> Thanks Ben.
>
> Is TCEJORP YDUR a real company, or a made up word to keep me busy for a
> long, long time?

Try it backwards.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

On Nov 1, 8:59 pm, "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...

> >> I remember those. They looked like they were made out of dense foam
> >> rubber
> >> and looked like a baseball cap worn inside out and backwards.

> > Well, from the logo, I'd start by looking for a
> > TCEJORP YDUR seller. I'm quite sure they
> > weren't imported into the US, but maybe some
> > Euro has a stash.

> > I thought that helmet made him look like Dumb Donald
> > from Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids:
> >http://www.animationartgallery.com/OSC/OSCDM4.html

> > Ben

> Thanks Ben.
>
> Is TCEJORP YDUR a real company, or a made up word to keep me busy for a
> long, long time?

Look at the pictures on either side of the title
banner at the top of Ludo's page. The designer
clearly thought they'd look better in mirror
image. I can understand why, especially the one
on the left - having Ludo facing right leads the
viewer rightward into the page (natural for those
of us that read left to right). On the right
side of the banner, Ludo facing back toward
the center balances the page. Understandable
design choices, but I just notice flipped
images when they occur and think they're funny.

neB

Frank Drackman wrote:
> Is TCEJORP YDUR a real company, or a made up word to keep me busy for a
> long, long time?

Its Arabic. Probably circa the moslem invasion of Italy.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>But let's all remember that Frank
>Vandenbrouke was going to be the next Eddy Merckx.

Please don't be too quick to dismiss VDB's second place finish
in the 1994 Wielsbeke and his third place in the Bayern-Rundfahrt
while riding for team Lotto.

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>But let's all remember that Frank
> >Vandenbrouke was going to be the next Eddy Merckx.

> Please don't be too quick to dismiss VDB's second place finish
> in the 1994 Wielsbeke and his third place in the Bayern-Rundfahrt
> while riding for team Lotto.

I'm not dismissing Vandebrouke's capabilities but that he was pushed so hard
to fast that he broke under the pressure. There's every chance that might
happen to Tom as well though I doubt it since he seems a great deal stronger
(psychologically) than Frank.

Cycling to just so hard that if you don't allow people to find their own way
you can drive them over the edge.