Actovigen and US Postal

Bill Callas

Guest
From Velonews:

"More revelations were coming out of the Spanish media. The Catalan daily,
El Periódico, reported that Saiz was allegedly found carrying the
WADA-banned substance called Synacthen, which artificially promotes muscle
growth. The Spanish magazine Intervíu, citing police sources, published a
list of products allegedly found by Spain's Guardia Civil in Fuentes
offices. Among the alleged booty were human growth hormones, testosterone
and Actovigen, a blood-boosting product with similar effects as EPO. "

Didn't Postal have Actovigen in their possession during the 2000 Tour when
their trash was searched? If I remember correctly they said they had it for
skin abrasions. Actovigen was not on the banned substance list back then.

Bill Callas wrote:
> From Velonews:
>
> "More revelations were coming out of the Spanish media. The Catalan daily,
> El Periódico, reported that Saiz was allegedly found carrying the
> WADA-banned substance called Synacthen, which artificially promotes muscle
> growth. The Spanish magazine Intervíu, citing police sources, publisheda
> list of products allegedly found by Spain's Guardia Civil in Fuentes
> offices. Among the alleged booty were human growth hormones, testosterone
> and Actovigen, a blood-boosting product with similar effects as EPO. "
>
> Didn't Postal have Actovigen in their possession during the 2000 Tour when
> their trash was searched? If I remember correctly they said they had it for
> skin abrasions. Actovigen was not on the banned substance list back then.

Since it's valueless there's no reason to worry about Actovigen which
is SUSPECTED of being used to dilute the blood off so that those with
high Hct could test safely.

As is usual, those who report on these things seldom know what the hell
they're talking about. They must be in league with Brian.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> Bill Callas wrote:
>
>>From Velonews:
>>
>>"More revelations were coming out of the Spanish media. The Catalan daily,
>>El Periódico, reported that Saiz was allegedly found carrying the
>>WADA-banned substance called Synacthen, which artificially promotes muscle
>>growth. The Spanish magazine Intervíu, citing police sources, published a
>>list of products allegedly found by Spain's Guardia Civil in Fuentes
>>offices. Among the alleged booty were human growth hormones, testosterone
>>and Actovigen, a blood-boosting product with similar effects as EPO. "
>>
>>Didn't Postal have Actovigen in their possession during the 2000 Tour when
>>their trash was searched? If I remember correctly they said they had it for
>>skin abrasions. Actovigen was not on the banned substance list back then.

> Since it's valueless there's no reason to worry about Actovigen which
> is SUSPECTED of being used to dilute the blood off so that those with
> high Hct could test safely.
>
> As is usual, those who report on these things seldom know what the hell
> they're talking about. They must be in league with Brian.

If there's a league for people who don't know what they're talking about
it must be frickin' HUGE!

"Bill Callas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From Velonews:
>
> "More revelations were coming out of the Spanish media. The Catalan daily,
> El Periódico, reported that Saiz was allegedly found carrying the
> WADA-banned substance called Synacthen, which artificially promotes muscle
> growth. The Spanish magazine Intervíu, citing police sources, published a
> list of products allegedly found by Spain's Guardia Civil in Fuentes
> offices. Among the alleged booty were human growth hormones, testosterone
> and Actovigen, a blood-boosting product with similar effects as EPO. "
>
> Didn't Postal have Actovigen in their possession during the 2000 Tour when
> their trash was searched? If I remember correctly they said they had it
> for
> skin abrasions. Actovigen was not on the banned substance list back then.

Yes, they claimed it was to treat diabetes from which Julian DeVires,
according to Postal, suffers.

In article <[email protected]>,
Tim Lines <[email protected]> wrote:

> If there's a league for people who don't know what they're talking about
> it must be frickin' HUGE!

In other words, the phrase "The Big League" has more than one meaning.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.