Another postal rider on drugs

"Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> In article
>> <[email protected]>,
>> "ilan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4778161.stm

>> Be kind. He has adopted Livedrunk(tm).

> I thought he was adopted by an Earthling?

Do you suppose it's funny that he has turned alchy in his advancing age?
Imagine the life of a guy that can't even walk down the street without
someone saying "Nanoo, Nanoo" to him? You can't have real friends, you can't
do normal things and you can never be yourself.

Those old skits are going to be hilarious compared to his upcoming
material on rehab. Hello, my name is Robin and I'm a ____ (fill in
unfunny material).

-ilan

Michael Press wrote:

> A few years ago he was deep in the new father syndrome;
> always running unfunny riffs about having a new child.
> Boring and dreadful material. I said then that when the
> the child was old enough to start imitating RW's worst
> traits that RW would be in trouble.
>
> --
> Michael Press

"ilan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Those old skits are going to be hilarious compared to his upcoming
> material on rehab. Hello, my name is Robin and I'm a ____ (fill in
> unfunny material).

Robin was always trying to be funny. Most of the time he wasn't but he was
so up that people would laugh anyway.

Well, he isn't up most of the time now and he notices that people aren't
laughing anymore.

It isn't like he's the sort of guy who can just say screw it and go build a
sailboat or something else like that which can lend him a little self
respect.

But you know what? He could start going on club rides. He could stop
worrying that he's Robin Williams and start thinking that he's robin
williams. I'd be willing to bet that underneath it all he's a guy like you
or I. Not like most of the dung beetles on this group mind you, but like
Ilan or I - human and not afraid of it.

In article
<[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "ilan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Those old skits are going to be hilarious compared to his upcoming
> > material on rehab. Hello, my name is Robin and I'm a ____ (fill in
> > unfunny material).

> Robin was always trying to be funny. Most of the time he wasn't but he was
> so up that people would laugh anyway.
>
> Well, he isn't up most of the time now and he notices that people aren't
> laughing anymore.
>
> It isn't like he's the sort of guy who can just say screw it and go build a
> sailboat or something else like that which can lend him a little self
> respect.
>
> But you know what? He could start going on club rides. He could stop
> worrying that he's Robin Williams and start thinking that he's robin
> williams. I'd be willing to bet that underneath it all he's a guy like you
> or I. Not like most of the dung beetles on this group mind you, but like
> Ilan or I - human and not afraid of it.

RW cannot carry a movie, like say, oh, Michael Caine. What
he can do is race into a scene, go incandescent, then tear
off leaving behind a smoking ruin. Great stuff.

--
Michael Press

ilan wrote:
> After Hamilton, Heras, and Landis, now this:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4778161.stm
>
> -ilan

Never expect anything postive from Ilan.

#1 -- he is a stoner mathematician. (sp?)
#2 - he doesn't ride a bike seriously. Duh. Never has. Total fan
boy.
#3 - he considers everything a Joke.

_ken_

Michael Press wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
>
> RW cannot carry a movie, like say, oh, Michael Caine. What
> he can do is race into a scene, go incandescent, then tear
> off leaving behind a smoking ruin. Great stuff.

He shd play Floyd on tv talk shows, cuz this scandal is sinking deep
into the slough of tedium from the lack of principals able to carry the
show...

k.papai wrote:
> ilan wrote:
>
>>After Hamilton, Heras, and Landis, now this:
>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4778161.stm
>>
>>-ilan

> Never expect anything postive from Ilan.
>
> #1 -- he is a stoner mathematician. (sp?)
> #2 - he doesn't ride a bike seriously. Duh. Never has. Total fan
> boy.
> #3 - he considers everything a Joke.
>
> _ken_

Once a douche, always a douche, right Ken?

On 08/11/2006 09:38 PM, in article
<[email protected]> wrote:

> RW cannot carry a movie, like say, oh, Michael Caine. What
> he can do is race into a scene, go incandescent, then tear
> off leaving behind a smoking ruin. Great stuff.

Dead Poets Society
Awakenings
Good Will Hunting
Jakob the Liar

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

I have never tested positive.

-ilan

k.papai wrote:
> ilan wrote:
> > After Hamilton, Heras, and Landis, now this:
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4778161.stm
> >
> > -ilan

> Never expect anything postive from Ilan.
>
> #1 -- he is a stoner mathematician. (sp?)
> #2 - he doesn't ride a bike seriously. Duh. Never has. Total fan
> boy.
> #3 - he considers everything a Joke.
>
> _ken_

In article <C1033C8D.4B356%[email protected]>,
"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 08/11/2006 09:38 PM, in article
> [email protected], "Michael Press"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > RW cannot carry a movie, like say, oh, Michael Caine. What
> > he can do is race into a scene, go incandescent, then tear
> > off leaving behind a smoking ruin. Great stuff.

> Dead Poets Society
> Awakenings
> Good Will Hunting
> Jakob the Liar

That is my point exactly. All that feel good eye wash
weakens his strengths. He needs to eviscerate
sentimentality.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:
> "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > [email protected], "Michael Press"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > RW cannot carry a movie, like say, oh, Michael Caine. What
> > > he can do is race into a scene, go incandescent, then tear
> > > off leaving behind a smoking ruin. Great stuff.

> > Dead Poets Society
> > Awakenings
> > Good Will Hunting
> > Jakob the Liar

> That is my point exactly. All that feel good eye wash
> weakens his strengths. He needs to eviscerate
> sentimentality.

RW is one of those actors where the badness of his bad
movies makes you re-evaluate the quality of his good ones.
Even if one likes the above movies, inevitably one's
reaction to his performance is spoiled by the knowledge
of "Patch Adams," etc. You don't even have to have seen
Patch Adams - the trailer or TV ads were bad enough.

"World According to Garp" was very good. That was
almost 25 years ago now, before his persona
crystallized into his shtick.

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:C1033C8D.4B356%[email protected]...
> On 08/11/2006 09:38 PM, in article
> [email protected], "Michael Press"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> RW cannot carry a movie, like say, oh, Michael Caine. What
>> he can do is race into a scene, go incandescent, then tear
>> off leaving behind a smoking ruin. Great stuff.

> Dead Poets Society
> Awakenings
> Good Will Hunting
> Jakob the Liar

None of which were terribly improved by a guy that seems more gay than you.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> None of which were terribly improved by a guy that seems more gay than you.

What is the SI unit of gayness ?

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 09:53:29 +0200, Donald Munro <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Tom Kunich wrote:
>> None of which were terribly improved by a guy that seems more gay than you.

>What is the SI unit of gayness ?

milliLiberace?

Ron

"Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> None of which were terribly improved by a guy that seems more gay than
>> you.

> What is the SI unit of gayness ?

Robin Williams got his start in San Francisco night clubs where you HAVE to
appear to be as gay as they come. Compare him and Bob Roll who came from
across the bay in Oakland.

"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 09:53:29 +0200, Donald Munro <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> None of which were terribly improved by a guy that seems more gay than
>>> you.

>>What is the SI unit of gayness ?

> milliLiberace?

HAHHAHHAHAA. I suppose that means that the SI unit of gayness is the
Liberace. Steven comes in at 388 milliLiberaces.

On 08/13/2006 02:06 PM, in article
[email protected], "Tom Kunich"
<cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> None of which were terribly improved by a guy that seems more gay than
>>> you.

>> What is the SI unit of gayness ?

> Robin Williams got his start in San Francisco night clubs where you HAVE to
> appear to be as gay as they come. Compare him and Bob Roll who came from
> across the bay in Oakland.

Robin Williams got his start working the streets of New York, while studying
at Juilliard with Christopher Reeve, William Hurt, and Mandy Patinkin.

From there, he went to Los Angeles.