Aero bars with Shifters?



MaxPrime

New Member
Jul 20, 2003
165
0
0
Does anyone here run a setup with shifters/brakes on the aeros? What equipment and how is this done with levers on the ends as well? Thanks
 

little_chicken

New Member
Apr 13, 2004
75
0
0
MaxPrime said:
Does anyone here run a setup with shifters/brakes on the aeros? What equipment and how is this done with levers on the ends as well? Thanks
I just had my LBS install a Cinelli Angel with my 8spd Campi Ergo shifter. The shifting is not quite as crisp and the brake cable is creating some problems but nothing we will not solve in a few weeks. We had to drill the wings on both side and route the cable internally. The setup is awesom .. and it looks like a pure racing machine.
 

daveornee

New Member
Sep 18, 2003
2,763
0
0
MaxPrime said:
Does anyone here run a setup with shifters/brakes on the aeros? What equipment and how is this done with levers on the ends as well? Thanks

You might look at the Kestrel Airfoil Pro to see how they do it. Tri and Multi-Sport shops are specializing in this area. You can check some detail on the Kestrel site at URL:

<http://www.kestrel-usa.com/products/triathlon/airfoil_pro.html>
 

MaxPrime

New Member
Jul 20, 2003
165
0
0
Can you have a normal shifting/braking setup and an additional set of shifters on the aero bars?
 

daveornee

New Member
Sep 18, 2003
2,763
0
0
MaxPrime said:
Can you have a normal shifting/braking setup and an additional set of shifters on the aero bars?

I don't think it it possible. There are in-line brake levers used in cross-riding that work in series with standard levers, but I don't think you can position and cable them into the end of aero bars.
 

little_chicken

New Member
Apr 13, 2004
75
0
0
daveornee said:
I don't think it it possible. There are in-line brake levers used in cross-riding that work in series with standard levers, but I don't think you can position and cable them into the end of aero bars.
Why would you do that ?? is it only to recycle old shifters.. once you have the integrated br-sh on the sides you don't need the end shifters.. am I missing something
 

MaxPrime

New Member
Jul 20, 2003
165
0
0
I was looking for the ability to ride on the drops or in a normal position but relax in aerobars without losing braking ability (safety).
 

PiledHigher

New Member
Jul 30, 2003
620
0
0
50
MaxPrime said:
I was looking for the ability to ride on the drops or in a normal position but relax in aerobars without losing braking ability (safety).


There would be no safety in brakes on aero bars you don't have the kleverage to control the bike in hard braking.

Relax on aerobars, have you ridden them? for most people aerobars are less comfortable than the drops, they are efficent if positioned well and you are adapted to them.