AERO or WISHBONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill:

I can't seem to find the Reynolds website any longer. URL must have changed since the last time I
was there. The two designers (Rich and George) live in the same neighborhood, influence one another,
and have somewhat different approaches, but they're both excellent bikes. Isn't the Wishbone
generally spec'd as USS? Moreover, although I understand that it climbs extremely well it probably
can't negotiate tight switchbacks with that wheel interference on the large wheel version. I haven't
tried it though.

--
--Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.

"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just curious. Why spend big bucks on a AERO when one can get a Ti wishbone for lots of bucks
> less.Both are Ti.Both are lite.More choices [seats or whatever] with the Wishbone. Granted the
> Aero has a more refined look over the more rougher wishbone but does that warrant paying more. i
> would like to see a side by side test between the two. If I were a SWB dude I think I would go for
> the Ti big wheel Wishbone ass :)

Freewheeling wrote:
>
> Bill:
>
> I can't seem to find the Reynolds website any longer. URL must have changed since the last time I
> was there. The two designers (Rich and George) live in the same neighborhood, influence one
> another, and have somewhat different approaches, but they're both excellent bikes. Isn't the
> Wishbone generally spec'd as USS? Moreover, although I understand that it climbs extremely well it
> probably can't negotiate tight switchbacks with that wheel interference on the large wheel
> version. I haven't tried it though.

Scott,

Try < http://www.reynoldsweldlabs.com/ >. The very similar previous URL < www.reynoldsweldlab.com/ >
was squatted on when George Reynolds accidentally let it expire.

I can not comment on the dual ISO 559-mm wheel T-Bone, but I had quite a few VERY low speed crashes
in tight quarters due to foot/wheel strike on the dual ISO 406-mm Wishbone I used to own. The stock
170-mm crank was long enough to just hit the front wheel with a 47-406 Comp Pool tire.

Tom Sherman - Recumbent Curmudgeon

> I can not comment on the dual ISO 559-mm wheel T-Bone, but I had quite a few VERY low speed
> crashes in tight quarters due to foot/wheel strike on the dual ISO 406-mm Wishbone I used to own.
> The stock 170-mm crank was long enough to just hit the front wheel with a 47-406 Comp Pool tire.

I like SWB bikes, but I've never ridden a single one that didn't give me foot-strike issues with the
front wheel. Just something I've learned to live with at low speeds.

Sj

Status
Not open for further replies.