Ahh, spring thaw

On 18 May 2004 20:59:28 GMT, Jem Berkes <[email protected]> wrote:
>http://www.pc9.org/photos/2004/full/SpringThaw/Big_ice.jpg
>The aftermath of one of the coldest winters I have ever experienced
>(temperatures dipping down to -40). These huge chunks of ice litter the
>side of the river, even though it's warm enough to wear a tshirt!

....and I thought I had it bad this winter, which never seemed to
end, but which now seems so far gone already...
--
Rick Onanian

"Rick Onanian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 18 May 2004 20:59:28 GMT, Jem Berkes <[email protected]> wrote:
> >http://www.pc9.org/photos/2004/full/SpringThaw/Big_ice.jpg
> >The aftermath of one of the coldest winters I have ever experienced
> >(temperatures dipping down to -40). These huge chunks of ice litter the
> >side of the river, even though it's warm enough to wear a tshirt!

> ...and I thought I had it bad this winter, which never seemed to
> end, but which now seems so far gone already...
> --
> Rick Onanian

We had frigid,arctic winter which didn't drag on that long. It got nice and
mild late in march but we had a cold, awful april. I missed most of it
recovering from illness. I missed the knicker season and went right into
shorts! FInally in may we got the nice weather. Hopefully this weekend will
be good since it's a long weekend and of course, everyone is hoping to get
out there! Unfortunately, so far, saturday looks sort of ecchy.