Ahh, spring thaw

On 18 May 2004 20:59:28 GMT, Jem Berkes <[email protected]> wrote:
>http://www.pc9.org/photos/2004/full/SpringThaw/Big_ice.jpg
>The aftermath of one of the coldest winters I have ever
>experienced (temperatures dipping down to -40). These huge
>chunks of ice litter the side of the river, even though
>it's warm enough to wear a tshirt!

...and I thought I had it bad this winter, which never
seemed to end, but which now seems so far gone already...
--
Rick Onanian

"Rick Onanian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 18 May 2004 20:59:28 GMT, Jem Berkes
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >http://www.pc9.org/photos/2004/full/SpringThaw/Big_ice.j-
> >pg The aftermath of one of the coldest winters I have
> >ever experienced (temperatures dipping down to -40).
> >These huge chunks of ice litter the side of the river,
> >even though it's warm enough to wear a tshirt!
>
> ...and I thought I had it bad this winter, which never
> seemed to end, but which now seems so far gone already...
> --
> Rick Onanian

We had frigid,arctic winter which didn't drag on that long.
It got nice and mild late in march but we had a cold, awful
april. I missed most of it recovering from illness. I missed
the knicker season and went right into shorts! FInally in
may we got the nice weather. Hopefully this weekend will be
good since it's a long weekend and of course, everyone is
hoping to get out there! Unfortunately, so far, saturday
looks sort of ecchy.

I'm glad I'm on the eastern side of Old Blighty and so far,
we have the warming effect of the Gulf Stream, so we have
mild winters, even though we are at roughly the same
latitude as Newfoundland. No major chunks of ice here :)
Indeed today has been another day of glorious sunshine where
it has been sheer joy to be out on the bike.

Cheers, helen s

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
correct one remove fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel
is switched off--