Ain't Texans wacky?

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
Sure they are:
  1. They talk about seceding from the US of By God A.
  2. They believe that all minorities deserve a good draggin' behind a pick-up.
  3. They brought us crazy new education ideas, like Intelligent Design.
  4. The Texas Board of Education has used crackin' creative theories to teach astronomy: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/05/06/texas-is-only-6000-years-old/
  5. And sex education in the lonely star state is on the cutting edge of modern education: http://prorev.com/2009/02/stupid-texas-sex-education-tricks.html
Iffin' you're in an all fired hurry to devolve back to the days of witch hunting and stonin' people that scare you, then dagnabit move to Texass.

Iffin it weren't for the Butthole Surfers, Mars Volta, and the Reverend Horton Heat, I'd say Texass should be at the top of the list of top sites for the next nuclear waste dump.

having lived there for a few years, i'd just as soon y'all stay away. more room for the rest of us in that lil slice o' heaven called the hill country. hand me an ice cold shiner bock and put some lyle lovett on the stereo and y'all scoot back to whatever y'all consider home.

slovakguy said:
having lived there for a few years, i'd just as soon y'all stay away. more room for the rest of us in that lil slice o' heaven called the hill country. hand me an ice cold shiner bock and put some lyle lovett on the stereo and y'all scoot back to whatever y'all consider home.

After your beer, why, you can gather the friends and go find youz a negro to drag behind the truck, just like good ol' boys. Then, you can sit down and teach yer kids all about intelligent design and the 6000 year old universe.

Texas: a great place to stick your head in the sand.

alienator said:
After your beer, why, you can gather the friends and go find youz a negro to drag behind the truck, just like good ol' boys. Then, you can sit down and teach yer kids all about intelligent design and the 6000 year old universe.

Alien, if you don't believe in Creation, then how do you explain the assholes that we complain about? You don't seriously believe they could have evolved by pure chance, do you?

Pendejo said:
Alien, if you don't believe in Creation, then how do you explain the assholes that we complain about? You don't seriously believe they could have evolved by pure chance, do you?

Bad mutations can persist.

LOL, this coming from a guy that lives in state that recognized Martin Luther King Day just to get a Super Bowl. Arizona eventually got it in 1996 by voting in 1992 to recognize the holiday. Its amazing what the almighty dollar will do to people. Arizona's motto "Money Before Minorities".

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) voted against the creation of the holiday to honor King, and later defended Arizona Republican Governor Evan Mecham's rescinding of the state holiday in honor of King created by his Democratic predecessor. After his opposition grew increasingly untenable, McCain reversed his position, and encouraged his home state of Arizona to recognize the holiday despite opposition from Mecham.[12]

In 1990, Arizonans were given an opportunity to vote to observe an MLK holiday. McCain successfully appealed to former President Ronald Reagan to support the holiday.[13] Prior to that date, New Hampshire and Arizona had not observed the day. Throughout the 1990s, this was heavily criticized. Following the failure of the 1990 proposition to recognize the holiday in Arizona, the National Football League moved Super Bowl XXVII from Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.[14] The hip-hop group Public Enemy recorded a song titled "By The Time I Get To Arizona", on their 1991 album Apocalypse 91... The Enemy Strikes Black, in which they describe assassinating Arizona Governor Fife Symington III for his opposition to the holiday.

alienator said:
Sure they are:
  1. They talk about seceding from the US of By God A.
  2. They believe that all minorities deserve a good draggin' behind a pick-up.
  3. They brought us crazy new education ideas, like Intelligent Design.
  4. The Texas Board of Education has used crackin' creative theories to teach astronomy: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/05/06/texas-is-only-6000-years-old/
  5. And sex education in the lonely star state is on the cutting edge of modern education: http://prorev.com/2009/02/stupid-texas-sex-education-tricks.html
Iffin' you're in an all fired hurry to devolve back to the days of witch hunting and stonin' people that scare you, then dagnabit move to Texass.

Iffin it weren't for the Butthole Surfers, Mars Volta, and the Reverend Horton Heat, I'd say Texass should be at the top of the list of top sites for the next nuclear waste dump.

thebluetrain said:
LOL, this coming from a guy that lives in state that recognized Martin Luther King Day just to get a Super Bowl. Arizona eventually got it in 1996 by voting in 1992 to recognize the holiday. Its amazing what the almighty dollar will do to people. Arizona's motto "Money Before Minorities".

Yup. Arizona is a Republican freak state. I'm only here for a grad program. At least we don't have intelligent design being taught in school, and the Texass Board of Education running things.

Worst thing about Texass? Texans, of course.

alienator said:
Yup. Arizona is a Republican freak state. I'm only here for a grad program. At least we don't have intelligent design being taught in school, and the Texass Board of Education running things.

Worst thing about Texass? Texans, of course.
LOL, now you dont claim AZ yet you are sucking every dollar out of their education system. Let me guess, just by what you have stated so far, you are a liberal, a scientologist, and from California. Grad school, huh? Are you sure you dont mean grade school? I would expect more from an educated person than to be throwing insults out like you are in grade school.

Oooh...you can tell when the right wing religious freak is wound up: he starts throwin' around that "liberal" word. Oh boy. Golly.

California? Scientologist? Did you inhale too much smoke at the book burning? " Don't want our young'uns to hear tell or read about that evolution thing. No sirree. They'll learn what we were learnt: one day Adam and Eve appeared outta nowhere, sometime between now and when the Earth was born 6000 years ago."

Religious freak? WRONG, I havent been to church in 30 years, I'm 39, and I only went then cause ole' granny made me go. Right Wing? Wrong. I voted for Obama. What does get me interested is when an educated person starts acting like a child. It's free entertainment at your expense. ;)
Seeing as how you were giving travel tips to San Diego, maybe my guess was spot on.

alienator said:
Oooh...you can tell when the right wing religious freak is wound up: he starts throwin' around that "liberal" word. Oh boy. Golly.

California? Scientologist? Did you inhale too much smoke at the book burning? " Don't want our young'uns to hear tell or read about that evolution thing. No sirree. They'll learn what we were learnt: one day Adam and Eve appeared outta nowhere, sometime between now and when the Earth was born 6000 years ago."

Pendejo said:
And there's the bell for round one, fight fans. This promises to be a good one.

Lessee....how much bait did it take to get a post like yours? That's right: not much. Now, fella, keep the guesses comin'. The odds are that eventually, when the number of guesses is greater than N, where N is a very large number, you'll guess correctly.

What's up next for the Texass Board of Education? Maybe separate drinkin' fountains for black folk? Maybe a revision to the state mandated curriculum, disallowing the teaching of Newtonian mechanics in primary and secondary school? Discrediting Einstein, Heisenberg, et al by naming them blasphemers?

It sure is reassuring to know that a state with so many guns has such a backwards school system.

Now, I have to put on my 'jamies, wash my face, brush my teeth, and go to bed. Teacher said we need to be rested because tomorrow we're learning all about faith healing. Golly, I love 4th grade.

alienator said:
Lessee....how much bait did it take to get a post like yours? That's right: not much. Now, fella, keep the guesses comin'. The odds are that eventually, when the number of guesses is greater than N, where N is a very large number, you'll guess correctly....

Damn, Alien, I sense there's something there that was meant to insult me, and I'm all for that - except it seemed a bit incoherent and so I could generate no emotion from it whatever. Please clarify so I can get appropriately mad.

Pendejo said:
Damn, Alien, I sense there's something there that was meant to insult me, and I'm all for that - except it seemed a bit incoherent and so I could generate no emotion from it whatever. Please clarify so I can get appropriately mad.

That wasn't for you. It was for Thomas the Tank Engine...er Train.

alienator said:

Good, I don't want to get into a tiff with anyone who has access to plutonium.

alienator said:
Thomas the Tank Engine? Ummm.... I'm trying to find some humor in that, but I just cant.
Ok Mr. Village Idiot, please enlighten the forum as to what village you are from so we can get a comparison. Come on, grow a sac and quit hiding behind that keyboard.

alienator said:

dddddddddddddddddddddddd

I can feel the love flowing in this thread...... no it's just gas. I'll take something for it.