Alerting walkers

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Gyp, Jun 3, 2003.

  1. Hmmm, there's a certain individual here who would probably enjoy working on the problem, bringing it
    the proper attention it deserves. Perhaps we could send him over for a decade of two.

    "Gyp" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Critic wrote:
    >
    > > I have had some success tying a whipsnake to the fork so that is makes a sort of
    > > "tink-tink-tink" noise as its head bounces off the spokes.
    > >

    > Good one, do you think it would work the same if I tied a squirrel to the front fork?. We don't
    > have many snakes left in the UK (Since its normal for familes to go out and bash them with sticks
    > at the weekend) so they are in short supply.
    >
    > Gyp

  2. Danny

    Danny Guest

    "James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > > Basicly when cycling what tactics do you find work for alerting walkers/runners etc. that your
    > > > approaching and want to get past.
    > >
    > > http://www.mirrycle.com/brassduet.htm
    > >

    > I prefer the basic black.

    I was thinking that if a guy took the Incredibelle Jane and programed in Ride of the Valkyries.. and
    wore a Drill Sargemts hat... roads would open very quickly...

    But then again, I've seen Apocalypse Now too many times.. sigh.

    Danny ;-)

  3. James Messick wrote:
    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>Gyp wrote:
    >>

    >>>Basicly when cycling what tactics do you find work for alerting walkers/runners etc. that your
    >>>approaching and want to get past.
    >>
    >>http://www.mirrycle.com/brassduet.htm
    >>

    > I prefer the basic black.

    That is what I have on two of my bikes.... My daugther got a Duet (with a gift cert she won ;-) and
    it _sounds_ much better than the black single ding.

  4. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > You already have. That "on your left" shit is tired lameo wannabe racer bullshit.
    > > >

    > > single speed." Just pretentious twaddle.
    >
    > Coming from a nameless and faceless e-tard, I'll take that as a compliment. You'll never really
    > know though, will you?
    >
    > JD

    What's more, I will never care. BTW, going biking with my son this weekend. What are your plans?

  5. Gyp

    Gyp Guest

    James Messick wrote:
    > Hmmm, there's a certain individual here who would probably enjoy working on the problem, bringing
    > it the proper attention it deserves. Perhaps we could send him over for a decade of two.

    <Chuckle>

    Certainly... A great idea since we are so "backwards" in our wilderness protection (in fact their is
    very little left so he'd better be quick).

    My addess is "The Moon" don't worry about bringing a large air supply I'm sure the native "Mon-rath"
    (moon snake) will be able to supply him..

    Gyp

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > >

    > > > single speed." Just pretentious twaddle.
    > >
    > > Coming from a nameless and faceless e-tard, I'll take that as a compliment. You'll never really
    > > know though, will you?
    > >
    > > JD

    > What's more, I will never care.

    Yeah, I should have added that, knowing that e-tards such as yourself are uncaring as well.

    > BTW, going biking with my son this weekend.

    Well now, Dancing Days are here again as the Summer evenings grow, aren't they?

    > What are your plans?

    I'm going to eat, sleep and void for sure. Of course I'll be flushing you after the voidings.

    JD

  7. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    news:[email protected]...

    > single speed." Just pretentious twaddle.

    Nah, freewheels and freehubs are for sissies. Real riders do fixed gear!

    -Dave