Amy Gillett foundation brissy-goldie ride

monsterman wrote:
> I is registered :D
>

> --
> monsterman

Oh goody, seeya there!

BTW where was the LA contingent at Murarrie this am? You've got me
inspired. I bought my licence today and joined Balmoral CC. Raced in C
grade planning to sit and watch and certainly NOT get shoved up to B
grade, where I would get thrashed. I started down the back and steadily
rolled forward on the inside. The red tide started to rise for the
prime but I just watched. A couple of laps later I found myself on the
tail of a breakaway - did a lap with them but one guy was very strong
and was going to hurt the rest of us, so I sat up. The remaining four
got caught and the pack was back as one. My heart rate really settled
down as everyone slowed toward the 40 minutes and then the last two
laps were very steady. I got a clear run on the outside on the back
straight but played the game plan and ended up around 15th. So, I'm
happy. I need to do some quality work before I contest any sprints. It
was huge fun. A bit of jostling and wheel chopping in parts, but all
good. Now I'm ready for a nice slow ride with Peleton tomorrow (after a
night out watching the Trackies at Chandler tonight).

Donga

asterope wrote:
> Hi all :) Just been checking out the AGF charity ride which is on the
> 9th of december. Starts nice and early so it wont be too hot at the
> finish, and the price is pretty alright ($35).
>
> Apart from those few salient points, this is a charity thats raising
> awareness for cyclists on the roads, and thats *really* important for
> everyone (especially everyone on this group!)
>
> Now, im all for a 100km ride, it would be nice to get a contingent of
> fellow lard-arsians to come along this time :D
>

> --
> asterope

I found out this morning that the first 100 entries got free jersey and
bibs or knicks included in their $35. Nuts!

Donga

Donga said:
asterope wrote:
> Hi all :) Just been checking out the AGF charity ride which is on the
> 9th of december. Starts nice and early so it wont be too hot at the
> finish, and the price is pretty alright ($35).
>
> Apart from those few salient points, this is a charity thats raising
> awareness for cyclists on the roads, and thats *really* important for
> everyone (especially everyone on this group!)
>
> Now, im all for a 100km ride, it would be nice to get a contingent of
> fellow lard-arsians to come along this time :D
>

> --
> asterope

I found out this morning that the first 100 entries got free jersey and
bibs or knicks included in their $35. Nuts!

Donga
wow! thats rather generous of them :D

just a question... when does schoolies finish on the goldie? if its still going around the day of the ride then we might get some free entertainment, but also some extra obstacles and useless shoutings of encouragement ;)

asterope wrote:
> Donga Wrote:
> > asterope wrote:
> > > Hi all :) Just been checking out the AGF charity ride which is on the
> > > 9th of december. Starts nice and early so it wont be too hot at the
> > > finish, and the price is pretty alright ($35).
> > >
> > > Apart from those few salient points, this is a charity thats raising
> > > awareness for cyclists on the roads, and thats *really* important for
> > > everyone (especially everyone on this group!)
> > >
> > > Now, im all for a 100km ride, it would be nice to get a contingent of
> > > fellow lard-arsians to come along this time :D
> > >

> > > --
> > > asterope

> > I found out this morning that the first 100 entries got free jersey and
> > bibs or knicks included in their $35. Nuts!
> >
> > Donga

> wow! thats rather generous of them :D
>
> just a question... when does schoolies finish on the goldie? if its
> still going around the day of the ride then we might get some free
> entertainment, but also some extra obstacles and useless shoutings of
> encouragement ;)
>

> --
> asterope

Schoolies started yesterday and runs until next weekend. Of course, the
fun never stops at the Goldie and is doubled in school holidays. Watch
the animal parade in Cavill Mall. A couple of weeks ago, my son and I
had ridden down and were having breakie in a cafe. Along comes this
rather fat, deeply tanned thing with long, lanky grey hair, wearing a
tiny pink bikini. As 'she' went past, my son and I looked at each other
and said, "That's a bloke!". Even the Japanese tourists were agog and
laughing! He/she must have been up from Sydney, I guess.

Donga