Amy's ride - 120km for the Amy Gillett Foundation

peterlip

Apr 10, 2005
For people in Victoria, this may be old news to some, but I only heard about this today.
On 7-Jan-2006, there will be "A community ride to celebrate the life of Amy Gillett".
There are 5 rides: 120 km, 45km & 5km on the road, or 70 km & 40 km on the rail trails. $10 of the entry fee, $58, plus all funds from sponsorship goes to the foundation.
Also, "ride with Robbie McEwan, Cadel Evans, Henk Vogels, Baden Cooke, Brad McGee, and all 280 stars of the 2006 Jayco Bay Cycling Classic". After the ride, you can hang for stage 4 of the Jayco Classic.

If anyone is interested, have a look at http://www.amysride.com.au/

Should be a good day. 120km ride with the Geelong section of the Jayco Bay Classic thrown in to boot.

I have my entry.

I'm also in, only doing the 45Km section as I had to borrow a bike. Broke the frame on mine about a week before Xmas.

peterlip said:
For people in Victoria, this may be old news to some, but I only heard about this today.
On 7-Jan-2006, there will be "A community ride to celebrate the life of Amy Gillett".
There are 5 rides: 120 km, 45km & 5km on the road, or 70 km & 40 km on the rail trails. $10 of the entry fee, $58, plus all funds from sponsorship goes to the foundation.
Also, "ride with Robbie McEwan, Cadel Evans, Henk Vogels, Baden Cooke, Brad McGee, and all 280 stars of the 2006 Jayco Bay Cycling Classic". After the ride, you can hang for stage 4 of the Jayco Classic.

If anyone is interested, have a look at http://www.amysride.com.au/

It was a good day.
I only decided to do it on Friday night, so had to register on the day but I'm glad I did.
We (rode with 2 mates) did the 120km ride in 4hrs flat (30km/h av) which was a bit quicker than I'd intended, but I was really happy with it.
Fantastic weather, well organised and a great tribute to Amy Gillett.

How did you guys go ^^^?
How many others did it?

Had a great day, my first big ride, only did the 45ks as I have a heart disease and wasn't sure how I would go, any way I completed the ride in just on two hours (great time for me).

Will ride the 120 next year!!

flipper said:
It was a good day.
I only decided to do it on Friday night, so had to register on the day but I'm glad I did.
We (rode with 2 mates) did the 120km ride in 4hrs flat which was a bit quicker than I'd intended, but I was really happy with it.

How did you guys go ^^^?
How many others did it?

flipper said:
It was a good day.
We (rode with 2 mates) did the 120km ride in 4hrs flat (30km/h av) which was a bit quicker than I'd intended, but I was really happy with it.

How did you guys go ^^^?
How many others did it?
I'm very jealous. I really wanted to go, but I had hardly been on the bike since around the bay, plus I had a cold last week that I simply could not shake. 4 hours on a bike wouldn't helped the situation.
I hope they have it next year, so I can put in a bit of training for it.

peterlip said:
I'm very jealous. I really wanted to go, but I had hardly been on the bike since around the bay, plus I had a cold last week that I simply could not shake. 4 hours on a bike wouldn't helped the situation.
I hope they have it next year, so I can put in a bit of training for it.

I hear they are making it an annual event.

Dragged myself around the 120 k's in 5 1/4 hours!!! Just barely recovered from the flu and a knee nerve injury but it was worth all the pain and then some. Great day for it and a deserving turnout for the cause

flipper said:
It was a good day.

How did you guys go ^^^?
How many others did it?

There was some negative press in the Geelong Addy today about the way cyclists took over the road and were riding 10 abreast during the ride. Not sure if it was on the web but the address is www.geelonginfo.com A photo appeared yesterday showing riders filling one lane and some in the wrong lane.