And if you believe that

[email protected] wrote:
> On Jan 30, 1:57 pm, Bret <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> He won that one a l'insu de son plein gre.

>> Neither google translate or I have any idea what you're trying to say.

> Didn't make any sense when Virenque said it, either. It's a garbled
> combination of two phrases which sorta means, "unbeknownst to my full
> and willing participation." He used it when, after two years of
> vigorous denials, he admitted to doping while with Festina but
> explained it as "a l'insu de mon plein gre," that is, accidentally and
> involuntarily.

Not exactly, according to the fountain of all that is good and wise:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Guignols_de_l'info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Virenque

On Jan 30, 3:34 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Bret" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > I agree that pros are less likely to screw up the headwind scenario,
> > but the 2001 Paris-Tours races is a great example of when they did.
> > First two riders, then one (Virenque) held off a pack in a strong
> > headwind.

> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/2001/oct01/paristours/results.shtml

> > My point is that you can attack successfully in seemingly unfavorable
> > condition and when you do the unexpected, the pack may not know how to
> > react.

> Bret, can you edit the misc stuff out of your postings instead of quoting
> everything that's there?

I didn't want to tamper with Ryan's elegant post.

On Jan 30, 3:35 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Jan 30, 1:57 pm, Bret <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > > He won that one a l'insu de son plein gre.

> > Neither google translate or I have any idea what you're trying to say.

> Didn't make any sense when Virenque said it, either. It's a garbled
> combination of two phrases which sorta means, "unbeknownst to my full
> and willing participation." He used it when, after two years of
> vigorous denials, he admitted to doping while with Festina but
> explained it as "a l'insu de mon plein gre," that is, accidentally and
> involuntarily.

Oddly, google made an effort with the entire phrase but can't
translate the word "gre" alone.