Andreas Kloden

Scott Morrison

Guest
I wonder how Klodie will do in this Tour? At the Sydney Olympics he
proved he can ride a great TT (Silver Medal I believe), he can also
climb and has finished on the podium. I think he has not been given
enough credit as a GC contender.

How has he been doing in the lead-up to the Tour?

Thanks,
Scott

> How has he been doing in the lead-up to the Tour?

He wasn't worth much at the Suisse Tour. He was getting dropped in the
mountains when Kirchen, Gerdemann, and Guerini were still there working
for Ullrich.

Of course a transfusion or two can do wonders for a rider's form.

Scott Morrison wrote:

> I wonder how Klodie will do in this Tour? At the Sydney Olympics he
> proved he can ride a great TT (Silver Medal I believe),

Klöden got bronze in the road race but no medal in the time trial.

--

Martin Honnen

"Martin Honnen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Scott Morrison wrote:
>
>> I wonder how Klodie will do in this Tour? At the Sydney Olympics he
>> proved he can ride a great TT (Silver Medal I believe),

> Klöden got bronze in the road race but no medal in the time trial.

He would have if the radios had been working.

As stated many days ago, I like Kloden's chances as much as anyone. My
pick, once Basso and Ulrich were out, to win.