Another girl on the trails

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:13:43 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
> <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> .
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]...
> .> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:28:48 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
> .> <[email protected]>
> .> wrote:
> .>
> .> .
> .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .> .news:[email protected]...
> .> .> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:18:48 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
> .> .> <[email protected]>
> .> .> wrote:
> .> .>
> .> .> .Well not quite yet, but as soon as is possible.
> .> .>
> .> .> Good. Leave her on a trail & see how long she survives, since you
> guys
> .> .> think
> .> .> that mountain biking is harmless.
> .> .>
> .> .> Daughter #2 (Alexis Makai)
> .> .> .was born yesterday at 3:10 PM, weighing in at 9 lbs 4.5oz. She's
> very
> .> .> .healthy and happy as is mom. Life is good!
> .> .> .
> .> .> .CG
> .> .> .
> .> .>
> .> .> ===
> .> .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
> .> .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
> .> .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
> .> .>
> .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
> .> .
> .> .How sad that your reply was not a surprise to me. Completely idiotic
> as
> .> .usual.
> .>
> .> The truth hurts, huh?
> .
> .No, I knew you were an idiot a long time ago, and while the truth of it
> did
> .hurt initially I've come to terms with it. As far as leaving an infant
> by
> .herself anywhere, including a trail that would be just plain stupid. Not
> .because mountain biking is or sin't dangerous, but because you don't
> leave
> .infants alone anywhere.
>
> I didn't say anthing about leaving her alone. I suggested leaving her on
> the
> trail, where she'd be subject to the same danger from mountain biking that
> wildlife & other trail users are subjected to EVERY DAY -- something you
> have
> obviously never thought of.

"Leave" implies leaving someone. Here is Websters Dictionary definition of
"leaving": 3 a : to go away from : DEPART <leave the room> b : DESERT,
ABANDON <left his wife> c : to terminate association with : withdraw from
<left school before graduation>

It's sad that having an education means nothing when it comes to
intelligence and common sense.
> I can see (and thank God) why you never became a
> .parent.
> .
> .Happy trails Mike,
> .
> .CG
> .
>
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> rOn Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:16:35 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
> <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> .
> ."Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:N99Fe.130343$Qo.122843@fed1read01...
> .> Well not quite yet, but as soon as is possible. Daughter #2 (Alexis
> .> Makai) was born yesterday at 3:10 PM, weighing in at 9 lbs 4.5oz.
> She's
> .> very healthy and happy as is mom. Life is good!
> .>
> .> CG
> .>
> .Thank you everyone for the kind words. It's an amazing thing. Now I
> just
> .have to figure out how to juggle 2 kids, a wife, a job AND mountain
> biking.
>
> That's a no-brainer, for someone with a brain. You obviously are mentally
> challenged, probably due to too many falls onto your head.

What's your excuse? You couldn't handle your little (and failed) anti MTB
crusade and taking care of your precious cat Bob. You let him wander around
to be run over by a car. Poor Bob, so sad that he was unlucky enough to
have you as a caretaker.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> rOn Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:16:35 -0700, "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]>
> wrote:

> .>
> .Thank you everyone for the kind words. It's an amazing thing. Now I just
> .have to figure out how to juggle 2 kids, a wife, a job AND mountain biking.
>
> That's a no-brainer, for someone with a brain. You obviously are mentally
> challenged, probably due to too many falls onto your head.
>

> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

MV's MO is showing again. He appears to like getting people worked up
for no reason except his sick pleasure...

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:28:11 -0700, "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]>
wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:13:43 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
..> <[email protected]>
..> wrote:
..>
..> .
..> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:28:48 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
..> .> <[email protected]>
..> .> wrote:
..> .>
..> .> .
..> .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> .> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:18:48 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
..> .> .> <[email protected]>
..> .> .> wrote:
..> .> .>
..> .> .> .Well not quite yet, but as soon as is possible.
..> .> .>
..> .> .> Good. Leave her on a trail & see how long she survives, since you
..> guys
..> .> .> think
..> .> .> that mountain biking is harmless.
..> .> .>
..> .> .> Daughter #2 (Alexis Makai)
..> .> .> .was born yesterday at 3:10 PM, weighing in at 9 lbs 4.5oz. She's
..> very
..> .> .> .healthy and happy as is mom. Life is good!
..> .> .> .
..> .> .> .CG
..> .> .> .
..> .> .>
..> .> .> ===
[...]

You CONVENIENTLY omitted "4. to put". You haven't answered me. You think it's
okay for animals to be left on the trail, to be run over, but not your daughter.
Why the double standard?

..It's sad that having an education means nothing when it comes to
..intelligence and common sense.
..> I can see (and thank God) why you never became a
..> .parent.
..> .
..> .Happy trails Mike,
..> .
..> .CG
..> .
..>
..> ===
..> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
..> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
..> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
..>
..> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
..

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:31:08 -0700, "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]>
wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> rOn Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:16:35 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
..> <[email protected]>
..> wrote:
..>
..> .
[...]

He had a right to be there, unlike the woman going through that neighborhood to
avoid a traffic light. Kind of like hikers who are hit by mountain bikers, huh?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote >
> You CONVENIENTLY omitted "4. to put". You haven't answered me. You think
> it's
> okay for animals to be left on the trail, to be run over, but not your
> daughter.
> Why the double standard?

Liar. Where or when have I ever said that it is OK to "leave" animals on the
trail? Like they could be left on the trail anyway. If I found an animal
that was "left", unable to move and in danger of being run over I would help
it. Wild animals and infant children are completely different and neither
have relevance to the other. One is competely defensless while the other
can get away if so desired. Again like I said earlier, how sad that having
a Phd is not the same as having intelligence or common sense.

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:31:08 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
> <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> .
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]...
> .> rOn Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:16:35 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
> .> <[email protected]>
> .> wrote:
> .>
> .> .
> .> ."Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .> .news:N99Fe.130343$Qo.122843@fed1read01...
> .> .> Well not quite yet, but as soon as is possible. Daughter #2 (Alexis
> .> .> Makai) was born yesterday at 3:10 PM, weighing in at 9 lbs 4.5oz.
> .> She's
> .> .> very healthy and happy as is mom. Life is good!
> .> .>
> .> .> CG
> .> .>
> .> .Thank you everyone for the kind words. It's an amazing thing. Now I
> .> just
> .> .have to figure out how to juggle 2 kids, a wife, a job AND mountain
> .> biking.
> .>
> .> That's a no-brainer, for someone with a brain. You obviously are
> mentally
> .> challenged, probably due to too many falls onto your head.
> .>
> .What's your excuse? You couldn't handle your little (and failed) anti
> MTB
> .crusade and taking care of your precious cat Bob. You let him wander
> around
> .to be run over by a car. Poor Bob, so sad that he was unlucky enough to
> .have you as a caretaker.
>
> He had a right to be there, unlike the woman going through that
> neighborhood to
> avoid a traffic light. Kind of like hikers who are hit by mountain bikers,
> huh?

I have never hit a hiker, and I only ride on trails where I and my mountain
bike are allowed to be.
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:46:41 -0700, "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]>
wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:31:08 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
..> <[email protected]>
..> wrote:
..>
..> .
..> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> rOn Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:16:35 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
..> .> <[email protected]>
..> .> wrote:
..> .>
..> .> .
[...]

One thing has nothing to do with the other. You are afraid to leave your
daughter on the trail because you don't trust other mountain bikers to be as
careful as you. Try telling the TRUTH for a change.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:44:34 -0700, "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]>
wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote >
..> You CONVENIENTLY omitted "4. to put". You haven't answered me. You think
..> it's
..> okay for animals to be left on the trail, to be run over, but not your
..> daughter.
..> Why the double standard?
..>
..Liar. Where or when have I ever said that it is OK to "leave" animals on the
..trail? Like they could be left on the trail anyway. If I found an animal
..that was "left", unable to move and in danger of being run over I would help
..it. Wild animals and infant children are completely different and neither
..have relevance to the other. One is competely defensless while the other
..can get away if so desired.

BS. Neither one can get out of the way of a fast-moving mountain bike, which is
why I have seen animals (two snakes) that were killed by mountain bikers. You'll
get more respect, if you try telling the TRUTH. The TRUTH is that you are afraid
to leave your daughter on the trail because you know not all mountain bikers are
careful.

Again like I said earlier, how sad that having
..a Phd is not the same as having intelligence or common sense.
..

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:46:41 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
> <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> .
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]...
> .> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:31:08 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
> .> <[email protected]>
> .> wrote:
> .>
> .> .
> .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .> .news:[email protected]...
> .> .> rOn Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:16:35 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
> .> .> <[email protected]>
> .> .> wrote:
> .> .>
> .> .> .
> .> .> ."Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .> .> .news:N99Fe.130343$Qo.122843@fed1read01...
> .> .> .> Well not quite yet, but as soon as is possible. Daughter #2
> (Alexis
> .> .> .> Makai) was born yesterday at 3:10 PM, weighing in at 9 lbs 4.5oz.
> .> .> She's
> .> .> .> very healthy and happy as is mom. Life is good!
> .> .> .>
> .> .> .> CG
> .> .> .>
> .> .> .Thank you everyone for the kind words. It's an amazing thing. Now
> .> .> just
> .> .> .have to figure out how to juggle 2 kids, a wife, a job AND mountain
> .> .> biking.
> .> .>
> .> .> That's a no-brainer, for someone with a brain. You obviously are
> .> mentally
> .> .> challenged, probably due to too many falls onto your head.
> .> .>
> .> .What's your excuse? You couldn't handle your little (and failed) anti
> .> MTB
> .> .crusade and taking care of your precious cat Bob. You let him wander
> .> around
> .> .to be run over by a car. Poor Bob, so sad that he was unlucky enough
> .> .have you as a caretaker.
> .>
> .> He had a right to be there, unlike the woman going through that
> .> neighborhood to
> .> avoid a traffic light. Kind of like hikers who are hit by mountain
> bikers,
> .> huh?
> .I have never hit a hiker, and I only ride on trails where I and my
> mountain
> .bike are allowed to be.
>
> One thing has nothing to do with the other. You are afraid to leave your
> daughter on the trail because you don't trust other mountain bikers to be
> as
> careful as you. Try telling the TRUTH for a change.

Bla bla bla. You are utterly ridiculous and a sorry excuse for a human
being. My part in this conversation is over because it is impossible to
discuss anything with a brick wall.
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:13:37 -0700, "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]>
wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:46:41 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
..> <[email protected]>
..> wrote:
..>
..> .
..> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:31:08 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
..> .> <[email protected]>
..> .> wrote:
..> .>
..> .> .
..> .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> .> rOn Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:16:35 -0700, "Chris Glidden"
..> .> .> <[email protected]>
..> .> .> wrote:
..> .> .>
..> .> .> .
..> .> .> ."Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .> .> .news:N99Fe.130343$Qo.122843@fed1read01...
..> .> .> .> Well not quite yet, but as soon as is possible. Daughter #2
..> (Alexis
..> .> .> .> Makai) was born yesterday at 3:10 PM, weighing in at 9 lbs 4.5oz.
..> .> .> She's
..> .> .> .> very healthy and happy as is mom. Life is good!
..> .> .> .>
..> .> .> .> CG
..> .> .> .>
..> .> .> .Thank you everyone for the kind words. It's an amazing thing. Now
..> I
..> .> .> just
..> .> .> .have to figure out how to juggle 2 kids, a wife, a job AND mountain
..> .> .> biking.
..> .> .>
..> .> .> That's a no-brainer, for someone with a brain. You obviously are
..> .> mentally
..> .> .> challenged, probably due to too many falls onto your head.
..> .> .>
..> .> .What's your excuse? You couldn't handle your little (and failed) anti
..> .> MTB
..> .> .crusade and taking care of your precious cat Bob. You let him wander
..> .> around
..> .> .to be run over by a car. Poor Bob, so sad that he was unlucky enough
..> .> .have you as a caretaker.
..> .>
..> .> He had a right to be there, unlike the woman going through that
..> .> neighborhood to
..> .> avoid a traffic light. Kind of like hikers who are hit by mountain
..> bikers,
..> .> huh?
..> .I have never hit a hiker, and I only ride on trails where I and my
..> mountain
..> .bike are allowed to be.
..>
..> One thing has nothing to do with the other. You are afraid to leave your
..> daughter on the trail because you don't trust other mountain bikers to be
..> as
..> careful as you. Try telling the TRUTH for a change.
..Bla bla bla. You are utterly ridiculous and a sorry excuse for a human
..being. My part in this conversation is over because it is impossible to
..discuss anything with a brick wall.

No, because you know I'm RIGHT! Liar.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote >
> No, because you know I'm RIGHT! Liar.
> ===

No, you are not right. My part in the conversation is over because you have
no concept of reality or common sense. That is all. Have a wonderful day.

CG

I submit that on or about Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:19:40 GMT, the person
known to the court as Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> made a
statement (<[email protected]> in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>No, because you know I'm RIGHT! Liar.

Close: we know you're /a/ right liar.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 07:48:50 -0700, "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]>
wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote >
..> No, because you know I'm RIGHT! Liar.
..> ===
..No, you are not right. My part in the conversation is over because you have
..no concept of reality or common sense. That is all. Have a wonderful day.

BS. You simply don't want to admit that leaving your daughter on a trail would
prove that mountain biking is dangerous to wildlife -- which is why you wouldn't
do it. But you are QUITE willing to subject wildlife to that risk. If it were
safe, as you claim, you would be willing to do it. It's plain as day.

..CG
..

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

I submit that on or about Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:13:07 GMT, the person
known to the court as Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> made a
statement (<[email protected]> in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>you are QUITE willing to subject wildlife to that risk.

And there goes Mike the Hiking Hypocrite, hoping we won't remember
those studies he quoted which show that hikers have similar impacts on
wildlife to mountain bikers...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

> BS. You simply don't want to admit that leaving your daughter on a trail
> would
> prove that mountain biking is dangerous to wildlife -- which is why you
> wouldn't
> do it. But you are QUITE willing to subject wildlife to that risk. If it
> were
> safe, as you claim, you would be willing to do it. It's plain as day.

It is truly amazing to watch you work, MV. You start by posting your brand
of selective information as science. That gets shot down.
Then you post news of peoples' deaths... That gets shot full of holes.
Now you post hypothetical and unrealistic scenerios trying to show some kind
of relation between the safety of an activity and an oversimplified idea of
why the scenerio is relevant to the safety of the activity.
Now you are just making us dizzy.

S Curtiss wrote:
> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > BS. You simply don't want to admit that leaving your daughter on a trail
> > would
> > prove that mountain biking is dangerous to wildlife -- which is why you
> > wouldn't
> > do it. But you are QUITE willing to subject wildlife to that risk. If it
> > were
> > safe, as you claim, you would be willing to do it. It's plain as day.
> >

> It is truly amazing to watch you work, MV. You start by posting your brand
> of selective information as science. That gets shot down.
> Then you post news of peoples' deaths... That gets shot full of holes.
> Now you post hypothetical and unrealistic scenerios trying to show some kind
> of relation between the safety of an activity and an oversimplified idea of
> why the scenerio is relevant to the safety of the activity.
> Now you are just making us dizzy.

I my time watching MJV flail in this and other ngs, I think he has
really met his match in Guy Chapman. Guy blows him up every time, and
makes him slink away, defeated.

It's never been like this - not that I remember, anyway.

E.P.

On 12 Aug 2005 23:01:09 -0700, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I my time watching MJV flail in this and other ngs, I think he has
>really met his match in Guy Chapman. Guy blows him up every time, and
>makes him slink away, defeated.
>
>It's never been like this - not that I remember, anyway.

Any time Mikie replies with a "yawn" or "did you say something?" it
shows that he is incapable of responding. There are also many times he
changes the subject or drops the thread.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Chris wrote:
> ...Again like I said earlier, how sad that having
> a Phd is not the same as having intelligence or common sense.

Piled Higher and Deeper.

Colleges don't discriminate; they'll take anyone's money. "Now that
you're approaching the end of your baccalaureate program, you need to
think about applying for grad school so you can get more extensive
training."

I've heard that college can be the best 20 years of your life. Here in
the real world, I've learned more in six months of a new job than
several years of taking classes taking tests finishing projects.

And college doesn't teach you how to think. (Gosh, I could come up a
good example...)

HTH

--Karen M.
stopped the master's classes because they re-hashed everything I took
for undergrad 20+ years ago

Gary S. wrote:
> On 12 Aug 2005 23:01:09 -0700, "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> I my time watching MJV flail in this and other ngs, I think he has
>> really met his match in Guy Chapman. Guy blows him up every time,
>> and makes him slink away, defeated.
>>
>> It's never been like this - not that I remember, anyway.
>>

> Any time Mikie replies with a "yawn" or "did you say something?" it
> shows that he is incapable of responding. There are also many times he
> changes the subject or drops the thread.

Wait a minute, boys. I think Mikie won this one.

I mean, the fact that Chris won't leave his INFANT DAUGHTER in the middle of
a dirt trail *MUST* mean that mountain biking is dangerous, right?!?

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAA...

Bill "can't refute THAT logic" S.