Anti war protest. Stop using US made MTB parts

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:57:33 +0000, John Harlow did issue forth:

> All you need to do is reread your post and correct errors before you hit "send".
>
> And if you dislike name calling, unfortunately you're in the wrong newsgroup.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Well done, Micropenis. ;-)

> > All you need to do is reread your post and correct errors before you hit "send".
> >
> > And if you dislike name calling, unfortunately you're in the wrong newsgroup.
>
> Couldn't have put it better myself. Well done, Micropenis. ;-)

Hehehe...

"gazzer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> As a protest against US warmongering, remove US made components from your bike and send them to me
> for safe disposal.
>
> cheers G

has anyone realised that the original poster hasnt replied? some of your mini arguments are very
entertaining however could we all stop protesting about the war and support our troops who probably
dont want to be there in the first place. they have a realy tough job to do and having 'die-ins' on
the streets isnt going to bring them home. and besides, isnt this a mountain bike newsgroup?

phil

Phil wrote:

>>As a protest against US warmongering, remove US made components from your bike and send them to me
>>for safe disposal.
>>

> has anyone realised that the original poster hasnt replied?

Gazzer's posting is sporadic. I believe he's currently trying to avoid the highly virulent form of
pneumonia that originated in his country ;)

> some of your mini arguments are very entertaining however could we all stop protesting about the
> war and support our troops who probably dont want to be there in the first place. they have a
> realy tough job to do and having 'die-ins' on the streets isnt going to bring them home. and
> besides, isnt this a mountain bike newsgroup?

It's an alt group. It's a discussion group where the central theme is mountain biking. Some have
compared it to a bar where mountain bikers go - a lot of the time they talk about bikes, but it's
not the sole topic of conversation.

Smokin Joker wrote:
> how about just cant type.... now if your are done witht he 2nd grade name callin get to the
> point.....

Umm... you're an illiterate, opinated **** with no sense of irony.

WOW you are just so clever.... "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Smokin Joker wrote:
> > how about just cant type.... now if your are done witht he 2nd grade
name
> > callin get to the point.....
>
> Umm... you're an illiterate, opinated **** with no sense of irony.

"Smokin Joker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OH NOOOOO what am i gonna do now???? **** i might as well go kill myself

This is what we like to see - Americans volunteering for suicide missions - about time they showed
some real commitment!

P.S. For those of you on the humourless side of the Atlantic, you can take that as irony - or not -
its up to you . . .

Smokin Joker wrote:
> WOW you are just so clever....

Is that it? I've just called you 'an illiterate, opinated **** with no sense of irony', and that's
the best response you can come out with? You're not even a fun troll...

all I had energy for

> Smokin Joker wrote:
> > WOW you are just so clever....
>
> Is that it? I've just called you 'an illiterate, opinated **** with no sense of irony', and that's
> the best response you can come out with? You're not even a fun troll...

> Phil wrote:
>
> >>As a protest against US warmongering, remove US made components from your bike and send them to
> >>me for safe disposal.
> >>

> > has anyone realised that the original poster hasnt replied?
>
> Gazzer's posting is sporadic. I believe he's currently trying to avoid the highly virulent form of
> pneumonia that originated in his country ;)
>
> > some of your mini arguments are very entertaining however could we all stop protesting about the
> > war and support our
troops
> > who probably dont want to be there in the first place. they have a
realy
> > tough job to do and having 'die-ins' on the streets isnt going to bring
them
> > home. and besides, isnt this a mountain bike newsgroup?
>
> It's an alt group. It's a discussion group where the central theme is mountain biking. Some have
> compared it to a bar where mountain bikers go - a lot of the time they talk about bikes, but it's
> not the sole topic of conversation.

ah

phil

gazzer wrote:
> *As a protest against US warmongering, remove US made components from your bike and send them to
> me for safe disposal.
>
> cheers G *

As a protest for idiot protesters, lets all flog them with the heaviest crank we can find. (take
that you peace lovin' hippie!)

--
gopherhockey

*saturday, april 6, 2002*;- xcel energy center (att: 19,324)- 1st per: ballard 10 (riddle, angell),
7:18 (pp); 2nd per: pohl 27 (anthony, angell), 5:38; 3rd per: koalska 10 (riddle, pohl), 19:07; ot:
potulny 15 (pohl, leopold), 16:58 (pp)
East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

bomba wrote:
> Smokin Joker wrote:
>> WOW you are just so clever....
>
> Is that it? I've just called you 'an illiterate, opinated **** with no sense of irony', and that's
> the best response you can come out with? You're not even a fun troll...

Travis was more fun than this guy...

penny

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:48:53 +0000, Penny S. did issue forth:

> Travis was more fun than this guy...

There's only one thing for it.

Someone fetch JD.

Penny S. wrote:

>>>WOW you are just so clever....
>>
>>Is that it? I've just called you 'an illiterate, opinated **** with no sense of irony', and that's
>>the best response you can come out with? You're not even a fun troll...
>

> Travis was more fun than this guy...

True. Travis was a legend.

gopherhockey wrote:

>>*As a protest against US warmongering, remove US made components from your bike and send them to
>>me for safe disposal.
>>
>>cheers G *
>

> As a protest for idiot protesters, lets all flog them with the heaviest crank we can find. (take
> that you peace lovin' hippie!)

Hello, and welcome to irony, satire and sarcasm. You may be stupid now, but hang out here long
enough and you'll get a clue.

bomba <[email protected]> wrote:
>gopherhockey wrote:
>
>>>*As a protest against US warmongering, remove US made components from your bike and send them to
>>>me for safe disposal.
>>>
>>>cheers G *
>>

>> As a protest for idiot protesters, lets all flog them with the heaviest crank we can find. (take
>> that you peace lovin' hippie!)
>
>Hello, and welcome to irony, satire and sarcasm. You may be stupid now, but hang out here long
>enough and you'll get a clue.

Actually just the opposite will probably happen. I'm all for the flogging ;-)

"gazzer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> As a protest against US warmongering, remove US made components from your bike and send them to me
> for safe disposal.
>
> cheers G

As a protest against the unprovoked attack on Pearl Harbor, I ask that you also boycott Japanese
components, especially ones with "XTR" printed on them. I will take on the responsibility of
disposing of these. Also anybody using Time Atacs should remember that it would be very unpatriotic
to not send me these Frenchie pedals immediately.

> As a protest for idiot protesters, lets all flog them with the heaviest crank we can find. (take
> that you peace lovin' hippie!)

We've had a couple pretty good protests over here recently. I attribute that to excellent weather
and the weekend.

Somehow, I always imagined the protestors starting out as: "Dude, it's not raining today and we
don't have to go to class today if we go to the protest! Bring the bong!"

nk

"notaknob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Somehow, I always imagined the protestors starting out as: "Dude, it's not raining today and we
> don't have to go to class today if we go to the protest! Bring the bong!"
>
> nk

Exactly!!!

And now it's time to bust out the fire hoses, rubber bullets and tear gas.
--
Slacker

"John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1wHea.192408$S_4.103676@rwcrnsc53... <snip>
> And if you dislike name calling, unfortunately you're in the wrong newsgroup.

Damn! All the posts I've placed in here and I haven't been called any names yet - well not to my
face (but who knows what you say under your breath when you see "Trentus" under "from")

Trentus